> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 3: Bending Ballad, Lesson By Max Sokolov
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Feb 4 2016, 12:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Bending Ballad by Max Sokolov

Hello Guys, Another take of this nice lesson. I've practiced hard so i hope its good enough. Thanks guys, greetz Tim

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=56399
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=56458

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Darius Wave
Feb 8 2016, 12:39 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim. I think you need to try to bite this lesson through the "other door". Unfortunately the problems we spoke before are still there. A few bend at the beginning have a little better pitch than before but still not perfect. One of the biggest and repeatable problems are those picking runs between bent notes (like 0:13-0:14). IT still sounds like you are not 100% sure how to match them with the timeline and probably this is main reason why you loose the sync between left and right hand. I think it would be good to spend some time practicing it over original lesson video. This way you will not aonly improve your timming but also you'll have a reference pitch to "calibrate" your bending to.

Also one of the very essential things while playing on distortion is a muting job of both - left and right hand. A lot of times you simply take away your right hand of the bridge and strings. No the sustain of high notes is so weak that leaving low strings unmuted will definitely interrput it. You should be always in contact with all other strings so they won't break the sustain of the one you play at the moment. It's a nessential thing for playin with distortion. That might be the cause of some of your notes loosing the their wanted length.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2016, 07:01 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim,

As Darius said, there are still important issues on this take. He listed each of the most important ones: bending pitch, fast runs, cleanness. This is a very demanding lesson and I feel that it's over your current level. I don't mean that you don't have to continue practicing it, but I think that you need to work on 1 element at a time, to incorporate it until it becomes natural. For this, you can use this lesson or maybe some other ones more focused on each of the problems...

Does it make sense? Write me if you have any question or need assistance.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 16 2016, 06:57 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim, you're definitely improving with your bending and overall control. As Gabriel said, this lesson has elements that are a bit beyond your current level but you can still use it to hone your bending skills.

You will want to improve the coordination between your hands because you can see and hear that the runs between the bends don't sound like they should. I recommend some lessons that work on building hand coordination so any alternate picking lessons of a lower level will help with that.

I'm still not convinced that you're helping yourself by having your guitar tilting out at the bottom.. it will make you stretch your fretting hand out further just to get round the neck. But it could just look weird to me only! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 16 2016, 07:44 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:46 AM