B.c. Rich Guitars, In search for a new guitar...
FretDancer69
Jun 20 2007, 07:20 AM
GMC:er
Hello guys, well, i own a Fender Squier Strat which i got in December of las year. Ive probably have mentioned it here once or twice, i dont like Fenders much.

So i decided i might sell it and get a new guitar. So i decided to check out some Ibanez guitar, and I found this beauty: RG370DXGP1

Ive heard great stuff and pretty bad stuff about that guitar, the price ranges around $450.

Now, ive been studying this brand: BC Rich guitars. The well-known Warlock belongs to BC Rich guitars. But ive been browsing other models, which are amazing, like these:

- BC Rich WMD Warbeast

- BC Rich Avenge SOB

- BC Rich V Draco*

*Now, about the last guitar, the Draco, i cant say how much i love that guitar, it looks so great, ive searched for it everywhere and i could only find it in like 2 or 3 sites only, i wonder if its like some kind of Rare Edition. Its price ranged around $700.

Anyways i play mostly metal: Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead, etc. but i also play GNR and similar stuff so i thought that these guitars would be great for that. And thats were i want you guys to help me. Id like to know if anyone onwns one of these guitars, specially the Draco. And id like some other guitar brands suggestions that fit my playing style. Thanks in advance.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jun 25 2007, 09:01 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daimeon
Jun 20 2007, 08:23 AM
I own the B Rich Bich SE, which is just great.
Before that I got the Fender Strat Mexico, which is quite good, but not as heavy as the Bich.
Downside of the Bich is the heavy head,.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 20 2007, 12:34 PM
I played a BC Rich Avenge SOB (or similar to), they are really awkward. The top horn there is in the way of your picking arm and I didn't like it.

I personally own a Warlock right now and I do like it but I had really bad experience buying it and I am currently looking to sell it. However, there's nothing wrong with the guitar itself and part of me might miss it a bit smile.gif

The best reaction I ever got from it was, "That guitar is f'ing awesome. It's the most metal guitar I've ever seen!"

Haha

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jun 20 2007, 05:03 PM
I would stay away from the warlock, I've only heard bad things about them.

EDIT:Only stay away from bronze warlock. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jun 20 2007, 05:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 20 2007, 07:03 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jun 20 2007, 10:03 AM) *
I would stay away from the warlock, I've only heard bad things about them.

EDIT:Only stay away from bronze warlock. tongue.gif

lol, no, im not interested in the warlocks at all, they are too overrated. i want something more unique or not that popular or easy to find.

So nobody what about the Draco? has anyone tried it or seen it in person? rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Nvm the Draco, i found this on Musician'sFriend:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C...itar?sku=512676

its the Avenge SOB guitar, i like alot, and it has a nice price that i can afford: $250. These are the features:

-Beast Body - Reduced 10%
-Basswood Body
-Bolt-on Construction
-Rosewood Fingerboard
-Widow Headstock
-25.5" Scale
-24 Jumbo Frets
-Beast Wing Inlays
-Black Hardware
-Single BCR Humbucker Pickups
-Tune-O-Matic bridge
-String-thru Body

i still cant find what type of bridge is, and thats what bothers me most. Dang, i also forgot these models dont have Tremolo, anyway. Can you guys help me with the SOB guitar in particular? thanks.

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jun 20 2007, 08:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 25 2007, 08:31 PM
BC RICH MOCKINGBIRD! get that one! it is sexual (am i allowed to say that?) oh well, anyway its a amazing guitar i played on it and it is great! slash from VR used it at the concert

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 08:51 PM
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Jun 25 2007, 01:31 PM) *
BC RICH MOCKINGBIRD! get that one! it is sexual (am i allowed to say that?) oh well, anyway its a amazing guitar i played on it and it is great! slash from VR used it at the concert

man thats a great guitar,

i found it on their website: http://www.bcrich.com/mockingbird_st.html#

i like all the feautres, but how much does it cost?

EDIT: I found this Mocking Bird ST on Musician's Friend, check it out:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C...itar?sku=512696

The guitar looks awesome, but idk about the bridge...im not sure if i can handle a Floyd Rose... sad.gif

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jun 25 2007, 09:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jun 25 2007, 09:07 PM
"BC RICH MOCKINGBIRD! get that one! it is sexual"
Wow...

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 09:12 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jun 25 2007, 02:07 PM) *
"BC RICH MOCKINGBIRD! get that one! it is sexual"
Wow...

Sexual..Lol! laugh.gif , well we all have different feelings toward stuff you know... rolleyes.gif blink.gif huh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 25 2007, 09:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
The Mockingbird is a great guitar with unique look and an awesome sound

Why do you think you cant handle a floyd rose?

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 25 2007, 10:20 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 25 2007, 08:59 PM) *

Ya know, I'm not a big fan of pointy guitars, but the Mockingbird does look pretty sweet.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 10:25 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 25 2007, 02:59 PM) *

i dont know man, ive heard that its a pain changing the strings and tuning, and im not very pacient...plus ive never tried another guitar exept my own... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 26 2007, 09:31 PM
it actually isnt, to change the strings, you need a plier anyway, so u just get noaml strings and cut the ball off, east job. now, when u finished threading it and stuff, start tuning it, u would have to go through all the strings about 3 times, then its tuned, then u lock it, then it stays in tune for wonderous times !

oh and one tip, tighten everything up!! real tight, but not so tight that it snaps the string, u will be able to feel it b4 it is over the top anyway... floyd rose is great

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 26 2007, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Jun 26 2007, 08:31 PM) *
it actually isnt, to change the strings, you need a plier anyway, so u just get noaml strings and cut the ball off, east job. now, when u finished threading it and stuff, start tuning it, u would have to go through all the strings about 3 times, then its tuned, then u lock it, then it stays in tune for wonderous times !

I have no floyd rose myself, but I saw a video on Youtube about doing string changes and tuning them that I thought was unique...he put the strings in upside down. The ball end's up on the tuners at the headstock. Saves you a cut and the strings can't slip on the tuners. Not that they would with a locking nut anyway, but still.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 27 2007, 06:58 PM
ill definately will have to check some vids on youtube about the string changing then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 27 2007, 11:10 PM
didnt know bout the upside down theory lol

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:09 PM