> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Geoboi's New Era Of Guitar Playing
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 17 2012, 07:57 AM
Instructor
Oy George, it's fairly simple - check out the 'Share' tab, below the video and there - check out 'Embed' - copy the code and just paste it here in the forum wink.gif

Presto!!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 18 2012, 02:33 AM
GMC:er
Aye Laddy; thanks

Hey maybe we could start discussing gear. Even though I got myself hooked up now I'm still not happy with the sound I'm getting. I'm gonna buy some stuff soon and maybe we could dialog a little on that. But for now if you don't mind tell me about your Rig and set up for your vids.

geo

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 18 2012, 07:41 AM
Instructor
Hey George, sure thing man! biggrin.gif

Well, here we go:

Guitars: PRS Paul Allender, PRS Mike Mushok baritone, Ibanez JEM 777 SK - I don't play this one too often though anymore, Acoustic Gibson Copy made in Romania around 1975-1976.

Amp: Crate Blue Voodoo 120 (the old USA made version) tube amp and 4x12 Blue Voodoo cabinet
Preamp: AMT SS20 tube preamp

Pedalboard: SKB PS55
Pedals: Hardwire, Korg, Suhr, ISP, MXR

Voice gear:
TC Helicon Voicelive 2 vocal effects processor
Beyerdynamic microphone
Shure PSM-200 - SE215 Set R8 in-ear monitoring system

As for thee vids setup, I am using:

650 and 300 W Elinchrom lights
Canon 7D DSLR camera and an 18-135 Canon lens
Blackscreen

This is pretty much my stuff smile.gif

What exactly are you planning to get and what sort of budget do you have in mind?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 18 2012, 07:43 AM

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 18 2012, 05:13 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 17 2012, 11:41 PM) *
Hey George, sure thing man! biggrin.gif

Well, here we go:

Guitars: PRS Paul Allender, PRS Mike Mushok baritone, Ibanez JEM 777 SK - I don't play this one too often though anymore, Acoustic Gibson Copy made in Romania around 1975-1976.

Amp: Crate Blue Voodoo 120 (the old USA made version) tube amp and 4x12 Blue Voodoo cabinet
Preamp: AMT SS20 tube preamp

Pedalboard: SKB PS55
Pedals: Hardwire, Korg, Suhr, ISP, MXR

Voice gear:
TC Helicon Voicelive 2 vocal effects processor
Beyerdynamic microphone
Shure PSM-200 - SE215 Set R8 in-ear monitoring system

As for thee vids setup, I am using:

650 and 300 W Elinchrom lights
Canon 7D DSLR camera and an 18-135 Canon lens
Blackscreen

This is pretty much my stuff smile.gif

What exactly are you planning to get and what sort of budget do you have in mind?

Well that sure gets the job done. For now because of budget I'm looking towards the PC approach. I'm sure that's the reason I'm dissatisfied with my sound.
Why did you chose the TC Helicon Voicelive 2? I'm assuming that you mic your Crate Blue Voodoo 120. Also why do you use a AMT SS20 tube preamp?

geo

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 18 2012, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (geoboi @ Oct 18 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Well that sure gets the job done. For now because of budget I'm looking towards the PC approach. I'm sure that's the reason I'm dissatisfied with my sound.
Why did you chose the TC Helicon Voicelive 2? I'm assuming that you mic your Crate Blue Voodoo 120. Also why do you use a AMT SS20 tube preamp?

geo

After thinking I got this recording and video thing I find I have failed laugh.gif When I finally got to record and video at the same time I find the USB vid cam and guitar compete for the same input port. Even though I have two sound cards in the PC Windows XP only allows one card at a time. No matter how I split it up in Reaper or ASIO it just won't work blink.gif So it's back to where I started, micing the amp with the vid cam and recording a single track in Movie Maker. Even if I had a like a Line 6 UX I don't know if it would work because of the USB vid cam. So I need to figure out what direction I'm going to go with my gear.

Above I asked you why you chose the Helicon Voicelive, is that what you use to input to your DAW? I assume you use a DAW.

geo

PS I'm taking the rest of the day off laugh.gif Tomorrow I'll get the lessons posted.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2012, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Hey George,

If I understand correctly, you only have one USB port? If so, why not try a USB port splitter? About the TC Helicon - I use it live on stage for my vocal singing smile.gif Nothing else tongue.gif

The AMT is great for home recording and for the stage as well and it's a very portable solution as it dwells in my pedal board biggrin.gif

Let's see the recordings amigo!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 19 2012, 04:39 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 19 2012, 01:41 AM) *
Hey George,

If I understand correctly, you only have one USB port? If so, why not try a USB port splitter? About the TC Helicon - I use it live on stage for my vocal singing smile.gif Nothing else tongue.gif

The AMT is great for home recording and for the stage as well and it's a very portable solution as it dwells in my pedal board biggrin.gif

Let's see the recordings amigo!

Cosmin

Hey Ho
I've got several USB ports. The issue is sound input ports. It appears I have only one sound input even though I have a PC mic in and second PC lnput and a USB input, only one at a time seems to work. When I use vid cam and guitar I have two sound inputs for only one input line.

If I use the USB vid cam it has a mic and takes the port. If I use the USB amp it takes a port. If I patch the guitar straight in the PC mic, it will take the port.

I can configure the PC sound card only one way or the other. From that point it is reflective through out. So in Reaper or AISO I must configure accordingly. So If I set Reaper and AISO to play guitar whether it be the USB amp or guitar plugged straight in mic I can record in Reaper but I cannot launch Movie Maker because the is no sound input for the vid cam.

Right now the solution would be to borrow (if possible) a vid cam like your Cannon to record independently from the PC, then upload the vid to PC and sync vid with soundtrack in Movie Maker.

I've had the unfortunate occurrence of my automobile breaking and it's in the garage at a cost of 2000.00$. That a sure bought a lot of equipment eh. Being on a disability income it'll take a few months to afford. I have applied for employment though so who knows. None of that will keep me from playing. So my situation is defined for now and I can get on with it.

Ain't nuthin to tuff
geo

PS Just a little more information, if the vid cam didn't have a mic I'd probably be good.

This post has been edited by geoboi: Oct 19 2012, 04:43 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 20 2012, 07:46 AM
Instructor
Well, take care of the car and use the video cam to record with the sound it captures or, you can go for an external separate cam like the Canon/ Nikon which you can use. Either way, at this point, it is enough to get us going smile.gif

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 20 2012, 02:57 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 19 2012, 11:46 PM) *
Well, take care of the car and use the video cam to record with the sound it captures or, you can go for an external separate cam like the Canon/ Nikon which you can use. Either way, at this point, it is enough to get us going smile.gif

All righty then. I sent you a PM about Sound Cloud I'll disregard that. How do you want to handle discussing gear, Thread of PM?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2012, 10:07 AM
Instructor
George, it's a lot easier to write everything here, since it's your personal thread smile.gif So, anything you have to ask, tell or share with me, you are my guest to do it here wink.gif

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 22 2012, 12:06 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 22 2012, 02:07 AM) *
George, it's a lot easier to write everything here, since it's your personal thread smile.gif So, anything you have to ask, tell or share with me, you are my guest to do it here wink.gif

Sounds good. I finally figured out how to record vid and guitar at the same time. It just took a little software to give me control over the vid cam. So I've re-recorded stuff a few times, my projects will becoming shortly, put on youtube and posted in my thread.

I suppose for now, the questions I was asking you about your gear are not that important. I am researching this stuff and I'm sure it will all come clear when I'm ready to move on.

geo

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 23 2012, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Oh, alright then, BUT if you're stuck in a rut, just ring the bell here biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 24 2012, 02:01 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 23 2012, 12:26 AM) *
Oh, alright then, BUT if you're stuck in a rut, just ring the bell here biggrin.gif

This stuff is gonna drive me nuts. I had it going on with Movie Maker and Reaper and was making vids with sound. Then all of a sudden I start putting Mp3 or wav files rendered from Reaper into Movie Maker and it doesn't work. The Reaper Mp3 or wav plays fine, just not in Movie Maker. Then I find out I can put wmv files in Reaper. That works once and never again. So I'm back to micing amp with vid cam. Good God It's like one of those night mares that never ends. biggrin.gif

geo

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2012, 10:26 AM
Instructor
George, I dislike technology with all my being - it's a helpful nightmare smile.gif

I think we spend more time on figuring out how to record a darn guitar than actually learning how to play and record. I'm sorry you're going through all this mess, but as I told ya, it would be easier if you would record with the aid of the camera mic at this point, so that your playing will progress on a faster pace with my observations smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 25 2012, 01:36 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 25 2012, 02:26 AM) *
George, I dislike technology with all my being - it's a helpful nightmare smile.gif

I think we spend more time on figuring out how to record a darn guitar than actually learning how to play and record. I'm sorry you're going through all this mess, but as I told ya, it would be easier if you would record with the aid of the camera mic at this point, so that your playing will progress on a faster pace with my observations smile.gif

Cosmin

To test you tube post

Your right about the time it's rid. may be now though

Re-edit
Looks like it works. May the force be with me! laugh.gif It's just thrown together quickly with out syncing to see if all followed through.

This post has been edited by geoboi: Oct 25 2012, 01:43 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 26 2012, 07:58 AM
Instructor
Hey George! The sound is good the image is ok! We have a winner biggrin.gif

Let's rock!!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 26 2012, 01:03 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 25 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Hey George! The sound is good the image is ok! We have a winner biggrin.gif

Let's rock!!

Cosmin

I think I messed up. For some reason my thread isn't in the out line form that it was, all the posts are shown one after the other as written.
How do I get it back the way it was?
I saw the Option button but that didn't bring it back.
I posted my project vids as a new topic

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 27 2012, 04:50 PM
QUOTE (geoboi @ Oct 26 2012, 05:03 AM) *
I think I messed up. For some reason my thread isn't in the out line form that it was, all the posts are shown one after the other as written.
How do I get it back the way it was?
I saw the Option button but that didn't bring it back.
I posted my project vids as a new topic

Here I fixed it by copying out the text from the new topic here it is.

QUOTE (geoboi @ Oct 26 2012, 03:52 AM) *
Theory

You wrote:
4) "If you know these now, please tell me how does the D major scale look like - what are the notes making it up. (Use the w w h w w w h formula, starting from D) and tell me the notes making up the D major and D minor chords"

Answer-
D Major Scale is:
D(w)1, E(w)2, F#(h)3, G(w)4, A(w)5, B(w)6, C#(h)7.

D Major notes are:
D, F#, A.
D Minor notes are:
D, F, A.

Did the ear training on C note to metronome with vocal.

I seemed to have difficulty syncing sound with vid in Movie Maker, perhaps you can explain how to do it right.

Sure sounded better when I was playing it laugh.gif I noticed David uses his thumb to mute the bass strings, seems like a good idea I'll work on. I muted with my fingers and could not mute all the strings and depended on the pick to not hit the un-played string (didn't always work). I notice I have a habit of accentuating some strums instead of consistent play through plus being a little off. What else ya got huh.gif .

Just an extra one I was working on before you handed me my project.

I can't get no Vibrato. I didn't follow through with the lesson but just demonstrated how I don't seem to get Vibrato like Ben does. I don't know what's up with this. I also demonstrated string bend as well, doesn't seem like the string is very reactive. The strings are not that old. I have my theory, what do you think?

This one really gave me fits. At the beginning of vid I show how I used to hold the pick. I held it between pads of fingers. In analyzing Ben I saw how he holds it and found the pick comes off the string better and also gives that scrape sound. You wouldn't think the pick knows the difference. Right now it's a little awkward but it seems more dynamic.

I think that's got it.

So this is the fix that should put everything back in my thread.

This post has been edited by geoboi: Oct 27 2012, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
geoboi
Oct 29 2012, 10:46 AM
QUOTE (geoboi @ Oct 27 2012, 08:50 AM) *

Hey Cosmin

I think the mistake I made in posting my project led to confusion. So I'm just droppin' a line to let you know I've had these posted since Friday. Please check out the entry above listed as Oct 26 5:03 A.M.

I know I kind of critiqued them, but I'm hoping you'll have much more to say. Ben's lesson on picking has come a long way for me since then. Changing how I hold the pick makes a big difference.

geo

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 29 2012, 10:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (geoboi @ Oct 27 2012, 03:50 PM) *

I'm on it in your thread wink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:02 PM