2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Facebook: 3 Things Musicians Should Know
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2012, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! It's always important for us to be updated about Facebook because it's the most powerful promo tool nowadays... I have been reading some articles and I find this one has some important tips.

http://www.newrockstarphilosophy.com/2012/...m_medium=social

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2012, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Darn, yes! I heard about it too! It's a thing they did in order to make us pay for ads ..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2012, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 22 2012, 05:56 AM) *
Darn, yes! I heard about it too! It's a thing they did in order to make us pay for ads ..

yeah, and it's working for them... I am finding many bands that are being promoted at Facebook...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 24 2012, 10:06 AM
Instructor
Gabe - have you invested in FB campaigns for Cirse? Do you find this as being a good idea?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 25 2012, 07:14 AM
Instructor
It helps to reach out to more people but might get pricey really nice share man! Thank you!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2012, 07:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 24 2012, 06:06 AM) *
Gabe - have you invested in FB campaigns for Cirse? Do you find this as being a good idea?

yes, my brother started to try this with Cirse's page. We are now testing it with Argentina and Mexico, and the first results are that we are having much more visits from Mexico now... I'll keep you updated about this.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2012, 12:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 25 2012, 06:44 PM) *
yes, my brother started to try this with Cirse's page. We are now testing it with Argentina and Mexico, and the first results are that we are having much more visits from Mexico now... I'll keep you updated about this.

Thanks mate! So far, I haven't yet experienced with any campaigns - all the 'Likes' on the ex ARIA page are 100% organic! We have 1253 so far I think since January this year when we started the page. I am a bit reluctant on campaigns as I don't want people just clicking on the Like button, just because I am featured there.. I want them to listen to the music and click the Like button because they LIKE it biggrin.gif Keep me updated man, pls smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 26 2012, 02:39 AM
Learning Roadie
I have tried to cut down on my posts and post more important content.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2012, 11:01 AM
Instructor
Bran, out of what I figured out so far, it is important to keep people interested by posting things constantly and offering valuable content. Valuable content, is a term which is not exactly easy to define, but in my vision, it's good to post about 3-4 things a week and try to create interaction with your fans by using these things you post. When an important event is about to happen, you increase awareness, by giving them more stuff, but establishing a well thought editorial calendar - if we may call it like that smile.gif

For instance - for the Days Of Confusion EP release we had about 5-6 press releases planned and also, posting and sharing about each important thing related to the release. Make up a list containing ALL of the activities you will take care of for your project and see which ones you would like to know about if you would have them sent to you from your favorite band smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 26 2012, 03:51 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 26 2012, 04:01 AM) *
Bran, out of what I figured out so far, it is important to keep people interested by posting things constantly and offering valuable content. Valuable content, is a term which is not exactly easy to define, but in my vision, it's good to post about 3-4 things a week and try to create interaction with your fans by using these things you post. When an important event is about to happen, you increase awareness, by giving them more stuff, but establishing a well thought editorial calendar - if we may call it like that smile.gif

For instance - for the Days Of Confusion EP release we had about 5-6 press releases planned and also, posting and sharing about each important thing related to the release. Make up a list containing ALL of the activities you will take care of for your project and see which ones you would like to know about if you would have them sent to you from your favorite band smile.gif

Thanks, Cos. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2012, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 26 2012, 02:51 PM) *
Thanks, Cos. smile.gif

Nothing to it man smile.gif I am learning by experimenting and observing too!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2012, 05:00 PM
Instructor
I'm now reading that book called "New Rockstar Philosofy", I don't find too many new things since I have been in bands for more than 10 years but I really recommend this one to those that are ready to start their own musical bands and projects... there is a lot of useful stuff that would have helped me a lot in my beginnings, and has the extra of being actual and adding internet tools.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2012, 09:54 AM
Instructor
Well, out of what I know there are a lot of publications which deal with online promo. Now, a good approach on this would be the extrapolation technique.

A book I would recommend is - The new PR and Marketing Rules by David Meerman Scott - I think I mentioned it a while ago, but I will say it again: It contains a lot of valuable info about how one can promote oneself/ his product or service in the online world. Give it a go!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2012, 03:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 28 2012, 05:54 AM) *
Well, out of what I know there are a lot of publications which deal with online promo. Now, a good approach on this would be the extrapolation technique.

A book I would recommend is - The new PR and Marketing Rules by David Meerman Scott - I think I mentioned it a while ago, but I will say it again: It contains a lot of valuable info about how one can promote oneself/ his product or service in the online world. Give it a go!

Cool! Thanks for the recommendation! It will be my next book to read. My kindle is being very useful these days... smile.gif

I'm happy to announce that Cirse's Fan Page reached 19000 likes today!! smile.gif

https://www.facebook.com/CirseMusic

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2012, 05:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 28 2012, 02:56 PM) *
Cool! Thanks for the recommendation! It will be my next book to read. My kindle is being very useful these days... smile.gif

I'm happy to announce that Cirse's Fan Page reached 19000 likes today!! smile.gif

https://www.facebook.com/CirseMusic

Wow! Congrats mate biggrin.gif We are barely at 1300 tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2012, 03:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 28 2012, 01:49 PM) *

When have you created he page?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 28 2012, 01:49 PM) *

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2012, 02:42 AM
GMC:er
Also CRUCIAL to realize that FAN/BAND PAGES won't be included in peoples NEWS FEEDS unless you pay to promote the post in many cases. Which is LAME but a fact of life.

Facebook has turned PAY TO PLAY. So you are competing against everyone in a users "liked" group that is paying to promote posts. What many bands are doing, is abandoning the "Band Page" entirely and using a "Personal Page" as the front end for the band. IF you are not sure what the difference is or what I"m talking about, you may need a facebook primer so here ya go!!

KILLER ARTICLE ON WHY BANDS ARE ABANDONING THEIR BAND/FAN PAGE!!!

http://suzannerock.wordpress.com/2012/05/1...-personal-page/

Of course, some bands have so much time invested they don't want to give up their page. At which point, you really do need to pay to promote posts that you want people to see. But for the DIY budget musician, fan pages have become an "Also Post" or something that just gets the same posts as the regular page just in case.

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 21 2012, 07:47 AM) *
Hi guys! It's always important for us to be updated about Facebook because it's the most powerful promo tool nowadays... I have been reading some articles and I find this one has some important tips.

http://www.newrockstarphilosophy.com/2012/...m_medium=social

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 29 2012, 02:24 PM) *

In January this year smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2012, 01:06 PM
Instructor
Darn, Todd - these things migrate too damn fast... Hmmm I have an idea - why not create a personal page for the band which will bear the role of communicator - Days Of Confusion News Feed? In that way, people will subscribe as newsfeed is something you usually subscribe to, right?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2012, 06:06 PM
GMC:er
BINGO!!!!!! Thats the thing to do. Still use a band page and such since it's visible from GOOGLE SEARCH and personal pages are not. But use the personal page as a band page to connect with fans. The band page just becomes a mirror post so it can be google searched. Make sense?

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 30 2012, 07:06 AM) *
Darn, Todd - these things migrate too damn fast... Hmmm I have an idea - why not create a personal page for the band which will bear the role of communicator - Days Of Confusion News Feed? In that way, people will subscribe as newsfeed is something you usually subscribe to, right?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:57 AM