Feedback Wanted, Demo of a song
VilleFIN
Mar 31 2012, 06:31 PM
Tone Seeker
Hi guys !

I'm working a new song and like to hear some opinions and tips for parts I should make better.

It's quite raw, no bass yet and at the end around 3:00 minutes, there's room for something and does it need a solo ?

It's in F# minor but at end I use E.

All done with Guitar Rig 5 , Toontrack Metal Machine drums & Ezmix.

http://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/demo-of-a-new-song

Thanx for listening !!

-Ville-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 2 2012, 09:17 AM
Instructor
hey Ville! Nice tune man! I REALLY dig the drums and the tone! The ideas are good, but you are rushing a bit here and there, so I would say you need to gain more flow when playing. There are parts where you were a little ahead of the drums, but I think that if you will work more on the recording, you will eventually get to achieve the needed balance wink.gif

Congratulations man!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 2 2012, 02:34 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 2 2012, 11:17 AM) *
hey Ville! Nice tune man! I REALLY dig the drums and the tone! The ideas are good, but you are rushing a bit here and there, so I would say you need to gain more flow when playing. There are parts where you were a little ahead of the drums, but I think that if you will work more on the recording, you will eventually get to achieve the needed balance wink.gif

Congratulations man!

Cosmin

Thanks Mr. Cosmin wink.gif

Yeah it's still under development so I'll try fix some parts. And I like those drum beats too, they're awesome !!

Me and Brandon were talking about to add another chorus after breakdown. So the song is gonna chance a bit.

But I'll post a newer version soon. laugh.gif

-Ville-

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 2 2012, 05:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Apr 2 2012, 01:34 PM) *
Thanks Mr. Cosmin wink.gif

Yeah it's still under development so I'll try fix some parts. And I like those drum beats too, they're awesome !!

Me and Brandon were talking about to add another chorus after breakdown. So the song is gonna chance a bit.

But I'll post a newer version soon. laugh.gif

-Ville-

Awesome mate biggrin.gif let's hear it wink.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 4 2012, 05:04 PM
GMC:er
Awesome stuff, man.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 4 2012, 05:31 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (dark dude @ Apr 4 2012, 07:04 PM) *
Awesome stuff, man.

Thanks man !!

I'm gonna upload final version after Easter so stay tuned cool.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 4 2012, 06:28 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hey, this sounds really great! I like the crunch/tone of the guitars! Even has some punch without bass, so I'm sure once that is added it'll be even heavier. Really like how the beginning builds up some tension. At moments I thought the song was going to become predictable but it really doesn't. I agree it could use maybe a short solo or sprinkle in some melodic lines. I thought the part before the clean break left something open for that.
The track has a ton of potential...real nice work.

ABout the drums... I'm curious cause I have never used drum programming. Is this the kind of thing that is somewhat easy to program or is it as difficult as it sounds? Just wondering cause I'd like to start composing some music and need to look into something with drums that sounds cool like this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 4 2012, 07:04 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 4 2012, 08:28 PM) *
Hey, this sounds really great! I like the crunch/tone of the guitars! Even has some punch without bass, so I'm sure once that is added it'll be even heavier. Really like how the beginning builds up some tension. At moments I thought the song was going to become predictable but it really doesn't. I agree it could use maybe a short solo or sprinkle in some melodic lines. I thought the part before the clean break left something open for that.
The track has a ton of potential...real nice work.

ABout the drums... I'm curious cause I have never used drum programming. Is this the kind of thing that is somewhat easy to program or is it as difficult as it sounds? Just wondering cause I'd like to start composing some music and need to look into something with drums that sounds cool like this.

Thanks for nice comments wink.gif

Well I'm using (and like many others) Toontracks products. Ex. Ezdrummer. It's easier for you to go with those youtube videos. You get the idea from them.

But basically it's just putting "blocks" into your recording sofware.

Here's the vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efZp75fKM3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5aM1Y2RmLk

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 5 2012, 01:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Mar 31 2012, 05:31 PM) *
Hi guys !

I'm working a new song and like to hear some opinions and tips for parts I should make better.

It's quite raw, no bass yet and at the end around 3:00 minutes, there's room for something and does it need a solo ?

Thanx for listening !!

-Ville-

I like it a lot! The ideas are very good and everything is done well! Your timing is a little off so try to work on it!
Your tone was very good and this will be a very strong tune!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 5 2012, 02:44 AM
GMC:er
Nice! Really great sound and mix and a great example of what can be done at home with good software and a good ear and a good player! I use guitar rig 5 myself and ez drummer. I haven't tried ez mix yet but it certainly sounds spiff. The metal machine pack sounds very nice as well. I bought one of the earlier metal drum extensions which really helped ez drummer. The basic ez drummer drums sound fine until you hear one of the genre/metal extensions on top.

Post your guitar rig patches if you would! Love to give them a shot! I"m sure others would as well.

QUOTE (WeePee @ Mar 31 2012, 01:31 PM) *
Hi guys !

Thanx for listening !!

-Ville-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:26 PM