Trying To Get Back Into It...been Away For Awhile
Praetorian
Dec 16 2009, 01:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Hi guys,

I haven't been around here much lately...and truth be told, I haven't been playing my guitar much either. I am getting back in the swing of things after losing one of my best friends at work last month. For those who don't know me well, I'm a New York State Trooper. On November 5th, my fellow Trooper and great friend Dave Lane was killed in the line of duty. He was 30 years old. We worked together everyday, and he was like a brother to me. It's been a tough month. I've been a Trooper for 11 years, and Dave is the 6th friend I've lost in the line of duty. 6 friends in 11 years is too many. Dave was the 4th Trooper in the last 10 years that we've lost at my station. I really started questioning whether or not the job was worth the cost. It was tough to put on a kevlar vest and get back out there. We are all getting through it with each others help and getting back to our normal lives now. I have been playing again and it feels great to pick the guitar up again. Not even sure why I'm even telling everyone this since I've never met any of you...but it feels good to talk about it. He was a great Trooper and I loved him like a brother.

Rest In Peace bro
Tpr. David Lane
Shield 4705

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Dec 16 2009, 02:08 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:17 AM