Rock Jam With My Friend After I've Started Gmc!
bahadirpeker
Sep 10 2013, 10:51 AM
GMC:er
Here is another jam with my friend! After GMC lessons and video chat sessions, I realized that I have succeed a lot, my fingers are more comfortable and my self-confidence is higher than before! Thanks to GMC! Again, thank you for waching and thank you for your unique comments and ideas! I think the only thing I still can't learn is that I am forgetting to breathe blink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rwg0zR0AEQ

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2013, 10:54 AM
Sounds like u recorded this on the bottom of the Black Sea? happy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 10 2013, 10:58 AM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 10 2013, 09:54 AM) *
Sounds like u recorded this on the bottom of the Black Sea? happy.gif

Yes, this is a direct video recording! sorry for it my friend cool.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 10 2013, 04:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like your playing and you obviously have very good technique, but I think you could build your solos up a bit more with slower starts, more melodic introes, call and response and so on. If you do that, man...you'll be beasting it. There were a few moments like that, which were nice though.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 10 2013, 04:45 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 10 2013, 03:34 PM) *
I like your playing and you obviously have very good technique, but I think you could build your solos up a bit more with slower starts, more melodic introes, call and response and so on. If you do that, man...you'll be beasting it. There were a few moments like that, which were nice though.

Absolutely you are right my friend! I am studying especially what you said man! I know I have lots of things to learn and I will continue leraning progress so on.. Thank you for your comment smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 10 2013, 04:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 10 2013, 05:45 PM) *
Absolutely you are right my friend! I am studying especially what you said man! I know I have lots of things to learn and I will continue leraning progress so on.. Thank you for your comment smile.gif

It was my pleasure listening to it. Be sure to upload more of these in the future if you do more!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 10 2013, 05:03 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 10 2013, 03:58 PM) *
It was my pleasure listening to it. Be sure to upload more of these in the future if you do more!

Thank you my friend! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2013, 05:05 PM
Instructor
hey mate! You really know how to get fun with your guitars! I continue insisting that you should create some main melodies on this tracks and create an album like the one by Howe & Kotzen! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 10 2013, 05:10 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 10 2013, 04:05 PM) *
hey mate! You really know how to get fun with your guitars! I continue insisting that you should create some main melodies on this tracks and create an album like the one by Howe & Kotzen! smile.gif

Thank you Gabriel for your kind words but I have lots of things I must learn so now it is early I think but if you say like that I must think once more! I want to create an album but I think not now huh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2013, 05:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 10 2013, 01:10 PM) *
Thank you Gabriel for your kind words but I have lots of things I must learn so now it is early I think but if you say like that I must think once more! I want to create an album but I think not now huh.gif

For any reason, I feel that the thing that your playing is lacking is just the catchy melodies and musical ideas that converts this jam in a song. You don't have to study more scales and theory for that, just use your mind to create melodies and play them in your guitar.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 10 2013, 05:24 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 10 2013, 04:20 PM) *
For any reason, I feel that the thing that your playing is lacking is just the catchy melodies and musical ideas that converts this jam in a song. You don't have to study more scales and theory for that, just use your mind to create melodies and play them in your guitar.

Yeah! I like what you said Gabriel! The only thing I must do is to create melodies by using my scales and techniques. Ok then, I will try for this! Thank you so much Gabriel for your ideas and your help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2013, 10:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 10 2013, 04:20 PM) *

Bingo! Gabe hit the spot here smile.gif I think that you should use your personal experiences and build the music around them - that's one thing that works for me when writing music. The magic happens when feelings manage to get out into the open, using music. Do not by any means try to think of styles, rhythmcs, measures, techniques, or that sort of stuff, when writing melodies smile.gif They will reveal themselves to you and THEN you can 'dress' them up as you wish, but the core, the heartfelt notes, will come from inside you - am I making any sense?

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 11 2013, 10:54 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2013, 09:51 AM) *
Bingo! Gabe hit the spot here smile.gif I think that you should use your personal experiences and build the music around them - that's one thing that works for me when writing music. The magic happens when feelings manage to get out into the open, using music. Do not by any means try to think of styles, rhythmcs, measures, techniques, or that sort of stuff, when writing melodies smile.gif They will reveal themselves to you and THEN you can 'dress' them up as you wish, but the core, the heartfelt notes, will come from inside you - am I making any sense?

Yes, I got it Cosmin! heartfelt notes! I like it smile.gif this is the magic word!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2013, 09:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 11 2013, 09:54 AM) *
Yes, I got it Cosmin! heartfelt notes! I like it smile.gif this is the magic word!

Let's try the following drill - what are your favorite guitar themes of all time? Name 5 that you can remember and sing even if you don't have the guitar with you smile.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 12 2013, 07:43 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2013, 08:34 PM) *
Let's try the following drill - what are your favorite guitar themes of all time? Name 5 that you can remember and sing even if you don't have the guitar with you smile.gif

That's a way-out and good idea Cosmin 'cause I have no guitar nowadays! I'll try this smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 07:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 12 2013, 06:43 AM) *
That's a way-out and good idea Cosmin 'cause I have no guitar nowadays! I'll try this smile.gif

Cool! After you have decided, write them down here smile.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 12 2013, 08:20 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 12 2013, 06:48 AM) *
Cool! After you have decided, write them down here smile.gif

ok; but it is too hard for me to decide!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 09:10 AM
Instructor
First 5 coming to mind! wink.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 12 2013, 09:47 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 12 2013, 08:10 AM) *
First 5 coming to mind! wink.gif

So; Marty Friedman - Namida is the first! I love Marty smile.gif maybe the seconda again, Marty Friedman playing solo to "fly to the moon" song with Aki Yashiro.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2013, 10:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 12 2013, 08:47 AM) *
So; Marty Friedman - Namida is the first! I love Marty smile.gif maybe the seconda again, Marty Friedman playing solo to "fly to the moon" song with Aki Yashiro.

Cool! Now here's what I have in mind wink.gif Learn the main theme and see how you can modify it to make it your own:

- change the tonality
- change the scale but keep the steps of the previous scale that was being played
- adapt the harmonic progression to the new scale used and the tonality

tongue.gif You might see it as stealing - or not, but it will not resemble anything that was there before - I can assure you biggrin.gif

What do you think?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:19 PM