Fretboard Logic, good or bad?
Guitarman700
Mar 3 2008, 08:59 PM
GMC:er
well im taking a break from guitar, and this will probably be my last thread for awhile, but i wanted to study theory while i was away. i have heard heaps of praise for this book series, and was considering buying them, as its only $13 dollars for both books, but has anyone had any experience with these? i would like to know whether the theory experts here (you know who you are) consider these helpful.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Mar 4 2008, 12:24 AM
I thought they were really lame....this site is much more usefull...Spend some time with andrew's theory forum and you will get a lot more out of it (IMHO) I did.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 4 2008, 12:27 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 3 2008, 08:59 PM) *
well im taking a break from guitar, and this will probably be my last thread for awhile, but i wanted to study theory while i was away. i have heard heaps of praise for this book series, and was considering buying them, as its only $13 dollars for both books, but has anyone had any experience with these? i would like to know whether the theory experts here (you know who you are) consider these helpful.

Thanks!

I heard these are good. One thing I notice about all the theory books is they teach the exact same thing- that which can be found in Andrew's theory lessons. Main thing I got out of theory books that wasn't here was chord substitutions and progression theory, stuff like that. To be honest, I rarely use it any of it. When I am improvising or whatever I just use whatever scale that goes over the chords and hit notes in the scale. However, having a good theory knowledge is good. For example, I have memorised the fretboard. Someone in a video lesson shows me a lick and tells me it is based off an E major arpeggio with the added 2nd, 4th, whatever, well since I know theory pretty well, I can map it out pretty quick.

I think the fretboard knowledge books come with like chord, scale, and arpeggio encyclopedias or something and those are always great to have. However I doubt this book has some "secret" thing that can't be found in other books, or even on this site for that matter.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Mar 4 2008, 12:32 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:53 PM