4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
So...brexit
Mertay
Jun 24 2016, 09:01 PM
GMC:er
The shock is slowly starting to desolve but watching all the "experts" on TV seems to confuse people even more...there's so many details to it as England had such an important role in EU and in 2 years eveything will change.

The 2 arguments I found interesting was;
1-the youth (%75) wanted to stay in EU.
2-If immigration wasn't such an issue these days the result would be totally different.

The way I see it though the main concern is if this will lead few other countrys to leave too, European experts are almost scared to even talk about this.

What I'm concerned about is almost every country in the world is moving from "together we're strong" to "I don't want to deal with your sh.t" way of politics...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jun 24 2016, 09:03 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AdamB
Jun 24 2016, 09:13 PM
Yep, old people, man. Old people. They really screwed us - because spending their lives nuking the economy and destroying the environment wasn't enough, they had to do just one more thing before they leave us to clean it up.

In all seriousness though, my impression is that people almost didn't take it seriously - the sentiment in the UK is one of dissatisfaction with the political process in general and so I think people believe that their vote doesn't really matter and so they don't think too long or hard about the consequences.

I'm even surprised how angry it made me, I didn't think I cared that much until it happened.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 24 2016, 09:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (AdamB @ Jun 24 2016, 09:13 PM) *
Yep, old people, man. Old people. They really screwed us - because spending their lives nuking the economy and destroying the environment wasn't enough, they had to do just one more thing before they leave us to clean it up.

In all seriousness though, my impression is that people almost didn't take it seriously - the sentiment in the UK is one of dissatisfaction with the political process in general and so I think people believe that their vote doesn't really matter and so they don't think too long or hard about the consequences.

I'm even surprised how angry it made me, I didn't think I cared that much until it happened.
then, did you vote

+Quote Post
AdamB
Jun 24 2016, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 24 2016, 08:18 PM) *
then, did you vote

Yea I voted.

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 24 2016, 09:48 PM
I salute Great Britain - they stood for what they believed in, and to quote one of my good fellow Turkish friends who is truly feeling the strangle of Islamic extremism.

His message to the British is pretty strong.

You have voted for freedom!!!!!! Freedom requires sacrifice! The entire legitimate concept of true freedom and sovereignty seems to have been dissolved and lost with the two latest generations of humans.

The UK will take some hits, along with the rest of the EU and the rest of the world... per se. The long term benefits outweigh the immediate effects by far. This is essentially a referendum against the powers that be, so to speak. Or... it is the greatest psy-op of all time. I sincerely hope for the former rather than the latter.

Nevertheless... this is a major slap to the face of the EU and the ECB. There is a small possibility, on the periphery, that this may be a method with which to blame the impending economic turmoil on Brexit rather than the criminals that have set the Ponzi scheme up. It is as the pain before birth... necessary... yet ending in a positive outcome for the human race. Turbulence will most certainly follow. But it will help spread the knowledge and awareness of the reality of the EU and the necessity for it's abolishment.

You are free from the arbitrary rule of a divisive foreign body that has shown itself to be submissive and subservient to the European Central Bank.

You are free of the enforcement of foreign laws upon your own population.

You are free from arbitrary taxation.

You are free from EU firearms laws.

You are free to sell your exports at the price demanded by merchants.

You are free from the direct, arbitrary influence of the United States upon your population.

You are free from heavy EU taxation with a -71% return.

You are free from the deliberate antagonization of Russia.

You are "apparently" and "momentarily" free from the evil NWO. (perhaps)

You are free to make your own laws without approval from a foreign body.

You are free to tell anyone and/or everyone in the EU to "FUCK OFF!"

You are relatively free from tyranny.

You have set a great example for the subservient masses.

You have demonstrated self determination and freedom to the utmost degree.

Be proud! The people are victorious against the machine in your nation. Be proud of the example that has been set today. Freedom for all!!!!!!

+Quote Post
AdamB
Jun 24 2016, 10:04 PM
Edit - sorry I'll stop ranting, I'm just angry lols.

This post has been edited by AdamB: Jun 24 2016, 10:06 PM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 24 2016, 10:13 PM
Learning Roadie
I congrats British people, we can find people with the power of decision, this is the proof
the proof we can live without EU !!!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 24 2016, 11:13 PM
QUOTE (AdamB @ Jun 24 2016, 03:13 PM) *

Insane for such a decision to be put to a direct popular vote. With all the complaints we have about our system with all it's checks and balances, they prevent such radical decisions being made. I mean think about it, a 52% majority determines the future of your country in a major way like this. If the vote was taken a month ago, it might have gone the opposite way. A month from now, same thing is very possible. But the current whim of the mindless masses at one point in time has determined your future. That is just insane. In a sane democracy you vote for public officials and they make the decisions. You don't make the freaking decisions on public policy by popular vote! If the whims of the pubic have demonstrated one thing in history, it is that popular perceptions are mindless, and shift like the wind. Your centuries old unification with Scotland will likely end now for one thing, that can't be good for England. There is a reason that the markets all took a hit, the money men know, this was not good for Britain, this was not good for anybody. Whatever the issues of the EU, this cure is going to be a lot more deleterious than the disease was. Like getting rid of warts by cutting off your hand.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 24 2016, 11:17 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 24 2016, 11:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
didnt I read somewhere about , something , political threads on a guitar forum huh.gif .
Rant all you want , this is the chill out thread , we don't force anyone to read them , and sometimes political agendas are on our hearts
and I think the civility that we show , with our disagreements ,should be a great model on how to conduct ones self . So as far as I am concerned . Politically rant away

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 24 2016, 11:33 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 24 2016, 10:24 PM) *
didnt I read somewhere about , something , political threads on a guitar forum huh.gif .

About guitar, are there any guitar company HQ in England that runs Europe? and will this affect pricing?

Many non-Europe company HQ's will move to Germany or France cause of brexit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 25 2016, 06:27 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Congratulations to Great Britain on regaining it's sovereignty against all odds. Who's next?

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 25 2016, 07:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Us Us Us Us !!!!! (france) !!! biggrin.gif

Général Didier TAUZIN for president !!!

www.rebatirlafrance.fr

objectively the best political program for the france, not communist, not racist, only logic and right sense !!

the essentials are: economy around people (white, black, any colorz), children education, expression liberty etc...

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 25 2016, 09:14 PM
I"m concerned for the same reason smile.gif It's still early days and "getting out" is going to take a year or two. Hopefully it won't take the British economy and our economy with it smile.gif The first day was a doozy with the states losing 600 points on our Dow stock exchange. So I'm hoping for the best. The EU now has to make harsh terms for trade just to dissuade other nations from "brexiting" smile.gif I'm all for liberty, freedom from tyranny, etc. But I live in the "united" states, where the south already tried to leave once and it went bad for us smile.gif Texas still wants to leave, so does california. There is a strength in unity to be sure. I really hope for the best possible future for the UK and the EU.

UPDATED: It just occurred to me to say the following instead of hoping for the best smile.gif We are a great community here, and it's by design and through effort. Keep in mind with every post, that strangers/folks that don't know you or me, find these posts via google. Hopefully they come away with a sense of what a great community we have, not a sense of hostility. There are plenty of web sites about guitar that sometimes offer a pretty hostile place to be, (sevenstring comes to mind to be honest) so here's to hoping we offer something better smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 24 2016, 04:01 PM) *
The shock is slowly starting to desolve but watching all the "experts" on TV seems to confuse people even more...there's so many details to it as England had such an important role in EU and in 2 years eveything will change.

The 2 arguments I found interesting was;
1-the youth (%75) wanted to stay in EU.
2-If immigration wasn't such an issue these days the result would be totally different.

The way I see it though the main concern is if this will lead few other countrys to leave too, European experts are almost scared to even talk about this.

What I'm concerned about is almost every country in the world is moving from "together we're strong" to "I don't want to deal with your sh.t" way of politics...

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 25 2016, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 25 2016, 10:16 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 25 2016, 08:14 PM) *
I"m concerned for the same reason smile.gif It's still early days and "getting out" is going to take a year or two. Hopefully it won't take the British economy and our economy with it smile.gif The first day was a doozy with the states losing 600 points on our Dow stock exchange. So I'm hoping for the best. The EU now has to make harsh terms for trade just to dissuade other nations from "brexiting" smile.gif

This was the strongest hit on the money market, most don't fear it as it will in short time get back to normal (such digital money waves hits the big corp.s worst anyway so I don't care much biggrin.gif )

But the way I see it Ireland wants to stay in EU so this also might be another hit to UK in the near future. On the long run UK will have an organic relationship with EU so I guess its all about them being patient the next 2 years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 25 2016, 11:22 PM
I really do wish England the best possible outcome. I'm hoping that this ends up being a good thing for everyone involved smile.gif There are quite a few "experts" (the folks that the UK seemed tired of hearing from at one point) that think this could be a kick off of a long term negative trend for the entire EU and I hope to God they are wrong. The long term outlook for the UK economy and indeed the entire EU has been flat to sideways for quite some time. Hopefully the result of this is all the positive bits that the voters hoped for and not all the negative bits that some folks voted against sad.gif Fingers crossed for our brothers across the pond. After all, the first of "US" were from "Them" smile.gif Thus the "Special Relationship". What's almost funny is that we broke away and did our own "brexit" of sorts for the stated purpose of Religious Freedom, and to some extend economic freedom (avoiding taxation without representation, etc.). I really do hope we don't see the next generation talking about the "Brentrance" in a few years smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 25 2016, 05:16 PM) *
This was the strongest hit on the money market, most don't fear it as it will in short time get back to normal (such digital money waves hits the big corp.s worst anyway so I don't care much biggrin.gif )

But the way I see it Ireland wants to stay in EU so this also might be another hit to UK in the near future. On the long run UK will have an organic relationship with EU so I guess its all about them being patient the next 2 years.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 26 2016, 12:38 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 25 2016, 05:22 PM) *
After all, the first of "US" were from "Them" smile.gif Thus the "Special Relationship". What's almost funny is that we broke away and did our own "brexit" of sorts for the stated purpose of Religious Freedom, and to some extend economic freedom (avoiding taxation without representation, etc.). I really do hope we don't see the next generation talking about the "Brentrance" in a few years smile.gif

Todd

The special relationship was established during WWI. Prior to that, no, if anything the US viewed them as adversaries.

Religious freedom was not an issue in the revolution.

And don't kid yourself, into the future, when it comes down to England or Europe, the US will chose Europe. This is not a world today where you "go it alone". This vote was totally stupid, they have screwed themselves. Yeah Norway can do this, go it alone, but Norway has incredible mineral wealth, natural resources. They are wealthy by default. And the Swiss are the Swiss. But England? Nobody really needs them anymore, and nobody in the world of tomorrow is going to get by without partners.

I expect that Scotland and N Ireland will bolt, they will have no choice, they will have to let the English commit economic suicide all on their lonesome. I feel sorry for the English that had some sense. This was a terrible thing to happen to them, their future is now totally screwed, they should try to immigrate if possible. It is noteworthy that just like in the US with Trump supporters, the regions most supporting brexit were those with the least educated populations. Which explains the "this is so stupid I can't imagine it happening" factor.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 26 2016, 01:55 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jun 26 2016, 12:38 AM) *
The special relationship was established during WWI. Prior to that, no, if anything the US viewed them as adversaries.

Religious freedom was not an issue in the revolution.

And don't kid yourself, into the future, when it comes down to England or Europe, the US will chose Europe. This is not a world today where you "go it alone". This vote was totally stupid, they have screwed themselves. Yeah Norway can do this, go it alone, but Norway has incredible mineral wealth, natural resources. They are wealthy by default. And the Swiss are the Swiss. But England? Nobody really needs them anymore, and nobody in the world of tomorrow is going to get by without partners.

I expect that Scotland and N Ireland will bolt, they will have no choice, they will have to let the English commit economic suicide all on their lonesome. I feel sorry for the English that had some sense. This was a terrible thing to happen to them, their future is now totally screwed, they should try to immigrate if possible. It is noteworthy that just like in the US with Trump supporters, the regions most supporting brexit were those with the least educated populations. Which explains the "this is so stupid I can't imagine it happening" factor.

I am getting pretty fed up with your liberal arrogance always calling opinions that differ from yours stupid and uneducated, with all your wisdom you'd think you could come up with some better ideas

here is some of those educated hillary voters

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jun 26 2016, 02:14 AM

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 26 2016, 04:56 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 25 2016, 08:55 PM) *
here is some of those educated hillary voters

AWESOME VID!

Going on my Facebook page. Thanks.

Simply put - the people are waking up to the politics - FINALLY getting mad enough to vote revolution.

Our current globalist trend is nothing but enslavement for the masses and stripping them of their rights. Rights to bear arms, rights to water that flows on their property - hell even the right to collect rain water. It's really getting fucking ridiculous. And the E.U. and NATO and Agenda 21 all that has to go - or needs to.

There is nothing bigoted about being patriotic and nationalistic. If someone doesn't like their country's values they can simply move to another BUT DO IT LEGALLY and assimilate into their culture. ENJOY!!!

The only world leader (other than Trump) talking any sense against globalism is unfortunately Vlad the Impaler Putin,

This is long - but well worth the time...

And speaking of the absolute demoralized, dumbed downed collapse of our society - this old video proves to be prophetic...

U.S. Subversion explained by former KGB agent (Yuri Bezmenov)

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 26 2016, 04:58 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 26 2016, 07:21 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 26 2016, 02:55 AM) *
I am getting pretty fed up with your liberal arrogance always calling opinions that differ from yours stupid and uneducated, with all your wisdom you'd think you could come up with some better ideas

I appreciate our new political discussions a lot - I think they add value in many ways. However to my eyes this is starting to look like a personal attack - which is not ok.

So jstcrsn please do keep discussing, I do value your opinion a lot (though I tend to disagree with it) - but keep it objective without any personal attacks on GMC members.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 26 2016, 08:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 26 2016, 07:21 PM) *
I appreciate our new political discussions a lot - I think they add value in many ways. However to my eyes this is starting to look like a personal attack - which is not ok.

So jstcrsn please do keep discussing, I do value your opinion a lot (though I tend to disagree with it) - but keep it objective without any personal attacks on GMC members.

I did not think what I said was anywhere close to as personal attack as the other ( dripping with sarcasm = yes ) . Truth is not an attack, he is liberal in his views (and there is nothing wrong with that), but to call trump or brexit supporters uneducated ( and dumber than a brick wall as in other threads ) is very arrogant, not knowing anyone's background and yet still able to verbalize someone's intelligence based on preconceived ideas or arguable statistics sounds like more of an attack to me. That being said I will be careful to not get personal .
But

Lets face facts :We are on opposites sides of most issues and from the poles , it is pretty much 50/50 ,so as to let someone call possibly 50 percent of your paying customers stupid an uneducated ( read his post , he called people , not their ideas = thats personal ) and you let them do that , you are putting your business at risk.

I know and do not even try to attempt to try to persuade you and other die hards as I know it is futile . I am concerned much more for the ones that get bombarded with agenda driven media telling them lies ( google Clinton lies , Brian Williams , Dan rather ). I just want people to see other ideas so they can see for themselves as I believe when given the truth , People will make the right call. This is evident in the brexit vote and trump supporters finally figuring out and getting tired of your side of the argument telling them what they should think.

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jun 26 2016, 08:26 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:04 PM