Lesson Request!!
mattacuk
Feb 13 2007, 12:53 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hey dudes,
just a long shot, but would kick myself for not asking. How about a Brian May lesson exclusive to GMC??just a thought!! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 14 2007, 02:46 AM
GMC:er

Brian May Rules!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 14 2007, 02:49 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Feb 13 2007, 08:46 PM) *

Brian May Rules!

He's the man! ! How about the solo for "It's a kind of Magic" ? - I love that one!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 14 2007, 03:12 AM
We should also do Bohemian Rhapsody, oh wait, I already know how to play that biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Maybe We Will Rock You or Killer Queen What about Under Pressure on the bass. That would take forever wink.gif wink.gif
I don't know if that is by Brian May. Wait, Its a Kind of Magic? Ihave never heard that one.

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Feb 14 2007, 10:40 AM
As have been stated before Kris cant show you any 'real' songs but just "in the style of.." because else he would have to pay a shietload of cash to whatever band/songwriter/artist that made the track from the beginning. And that would mean we would have to pay a lot more to visit this site and as the student I am I hope we just continue with "in the style of.." wink.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 14 2007, 12:16 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Steelkonsum @ Feb 14 2007, 09:40 AM) *
As have been stated before Kris cant show you any 'real' songs but just "in the style of.." because else he would have to pay a shietload of cash to whatever band/songwriter/artist that made the track from the beginning. And that would mean we would have to pay a lot more to visit this site and as the student I am I hope we just continue with "in the style of.." wink.gif

Well in the style of would be good!! It would also add to the roundedness of the site!! I am sure there are many many GMC'ers who are fans of the great May!! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 14 2007, 02:05 PM
Hey Steel, are you sure about that ? It makes perfect sense, but I thought I saw a video of Kris playing the solo to Bohemian Rhapsody somewhere - I think it was on Freelicks. Maybe because its older and is out of copyright?

Anyway, if it is right, "in the style of" is good too ... and so is your point about it not making the site more expensive ;-)

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Feb 14 2007, 03:46 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 14 2007, 02:05 PM) *
Hey Steel, are you sure about that ? It makes perfect sense, but I thought I saw a video of Kris playing the solo to Bohemian Rhapsody somewhere - I think it was on Freelicks. Maybe because its older and is out of copyright?

Anyway, if it is right, "in the style of" is good too ... and so is your point about it not making the site more expensive ;-)

There is a difference. You don't pay to learn anything at freelicks and therefore Kris doesn't make any money out of it. Here on the other hand he charges for the lessons. And he isn't allowed by copyright to charge for playing someone elses stuff (unless you pay to be able to do so of course, which was my point earlier).

It's a shame if you ask me, trying to learn other peoples stuff is one of the biggest compliment you can get as a musician according to me. But that's the way the world works today.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 14 2007, 04:15 PM
QUOTE (Steelkonsum @ Feb 14 2007, 09:46 AM) *
There is a difference. You don't pay to learn anything at freelicks and therefore Kris doesn't make any money out of it. Here on the other hand he charges for the lessons. And he isn't allowed by copyright to charge for playing someone elses stuff (unless you pay to be able to do so of course, which was my point earlier).

It's a shame if you ask me, trying to learn other peoples stuff is one of the biggest compliment you can get as a musician according to me. But that's the way the world works today.

Ah, now I understand - thanks!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 17 2007, 05:44 AM
i'm having some trouble learning alot of dream theater.. john pretrucci being my faveriot guitarist this bothers me quite a bit i mostly learn by ear because of the lack of reliable tab on the internet but the solo in the glass prison i can not pick up. it starts at 2:22 minutes into the song if anyone is willing to make a lesson or just get me the tab etc i'd really appreshiate it!

--------------------
People are strange, when you're a stranger.
Places look ugly when you're alone.

Where we start. Is where we end.

+Quote Post
dogman
Feb 17 2007, 06:00 AM
QUOTE (TheProof @ Feb 16 2007, 11:44 PM) *
i'm having some trouble learning alot of dream theater.. john pretrucci being my faveriot guitarist this bothers me quite a bit i mostly learn by ear because of the lack of reliable tab on the internet but the solo in the glass prison i can not pick up. it starts at 2:22 minutes into the song if anyone is willing to make a lesson or just get me the tab etc i'd really appreshiate it!

try this. very decent tabs

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/drea..._prison_tab.htm

Kris, please let me know if posting links like this is an issue. I know some forums frown on that and I dont want to be disrespectful or anything...

This post has been edited by dogman: Feb 17 2007, 06:05 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 17 2007, 11:16 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (dogman @ Feb 17 2007, 06:00 AM) *

Kris, please let me know if posting links like this is an issue. I know some forums frown on that and I dont want to be disrespectful or anything...

Absolutely not an issue. smile.gif

As long as you don't upload it here it will never be a problem!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Feb 18 2007, 05:15 PM
Rock Instructor
do you think any one can send me e-mail with some

typical brayn may stuff

??

i would love to help

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 18 2007, 07:04 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Rockwouldbe @ Feb 18 2007, 05:15 PM) *
do you think any one can send me e-mail with some

typical brayn may stuff

??
i would love to help

Rockwouldbe - I don't understand, what do you mean?

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheProof
Apr 29 2007, 04:25 PM
QUOTE (dogman @ Feb 16 2007, 09:00 PM) *

for the solo i've got all the patterns down and can play them perfectly, (not nearly as fast at petrucci himself) but speed comes with time. i just have one questions because i can play this solo much faster if i do hammerons and pulloffs wherever thes 2 or more notes on the same string. justwondering if anyone knows for sure if thats right or not? either way i think im gonna do it just cause it sounds cooler

--------------------
People are strange, when you're a stranger.
Places look ugly when you're alone.

Where we start. Is where we end.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 10:36 AM