Harmony Runs, Rules of thumb
Tryton
Apr 27 2010, 03:37 AM
GMC:er
I'm not very good at writing harmony runs, Does anyone have any simple advice that
would help me.

I love the Iron Maiden / Queensryche / Alice in Chains type of style. But anything that I come up with
just isn't sounding very interesting.

I'm hoping someone will write the right words and it will all just click for me..

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Apr 27 2010, 03:54 AM
If you have already written a phrase you like, try playing the same phrase over it, but higher in pitch by one perfect fifth interval. Really, just make sure the phrase stands on its own first.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 27 2010, 06:52 AM
Iron Maiden usually use 3rds and 5ths intervals. They are the most common harmony runs. But you can experiment with other intervals. 4th intervals sometimes gives you some interesting results

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:18 PM