Ibanez 2570mz Or 3620z
Fran
Dec 21 2009, 07:24 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hi,

I've been looking into ibanez guitars lately, and I'm deciding between a 2570MZ or 3620Z. Seeing their prizes I'm sure 3620 is better, but is it really worth it or is the 2570 enough?

I mean 3620 has a flamed maple top (which is awesome) and different pups, but it costs twice as much.

So I'm asking you Ibanez savvy gmc:ers, which one is a better buy?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
ZakkWylde
Dec 21 2009, 07:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Fran @ Dec 21 2009, 07:24 PM) *
Hi,

I've been looking into ibanez guitars lately, and I'm deciding between a 2570MZ or 3620Z. Seeing their prizes I'm sure 3620 is better, but is it really worth it or is the 2570 enough?

I mean 3620 has a flamed maple top (which is awesome) and different pups, but it costs twice as much.

So I'm asking you Ibanez savvy gmc:ers, which one is a better buy?

It's a high end Ibanez with a mahagony body, flamed maple top and real Dimarzio Pickups. It sounds diffrent to a basswood RG and is propably even better built (haven't played one). I guess it's worth the money but only you can tell of you like it more than a 2570.
Go and try both in a store!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 21 2009, 08:28 PM
GMC:er
The reason why the 3XXX is more expensive is not just because of the wood and pick ups,

but it actually comes with the Ibanez Super Wizard neck, not the prestige wizard neck.

the super wizard is a few mm thinner, but it is rounder and but more comfortable to play. They used to put these on ibanez guitars between the wizard 1 and 2 era.

it is def my favorite neck. The choice is yours if it is worth the higher price tag, but they are both of good quality.

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 21 2009, 09:01 PM
Problem is I can't try them a my local shop as they don't have these particular models. I have to order them blindly, hoping they are as good as they seem to be smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 21 2009, 09:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
I would take a longer trip to a bigger store into concideration since we are talking about expensive guitars here!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 22 2009, 12:11 AM
Instructor
yeah, I would take the trip before doing such investment

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 22 2009, 01:20 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Or just do like me, order guitars without trying or hearing them live tongue.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 22 2009, 04:21 PM
Good luck with the choice! Sometime you just have to order sight unseen. I had to do that with an Artist series strat. There was no way I could travel to a store to try one out.( I would have had to get on an airplane... rent a car... blah blah... dry.gif ) So I dug around the internet, got on the fender forum, and finally felt like I "knew" what I was getting into. I've been very happy and the guitar turned out to be just what I expected, even more laugh.gif So trust your instincts and do what you are already doing, ask questions and google "reviews 2570MZ or 3620Z", or "reviews Ibanez" . "sleep on it" think about it, but it sounds like both guitars would be a match, so perhaps you can't go too wrong wink.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 23 2009, 01:08 AM
Ok, couldn't wait any longer laugh.gif
Just ordered my new toy at my local shop, RG2570 it is in the end:

I haven't tried this particular model but tried another Ibanez prestige at my local shop the other day and the wizard neck seemed pretty comfortable. I also believe it will provide a new feel & sound compared to my beloved strat & SG. I always wanted to add a super-strat to my collection and I guess I can't go wrong with this one, as the price isn't rocket high (3620 is really expensive).

Can't wait to lay my hands on it smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 23 2009, 01:26 AM
great guitar man! one of ibanez's finest!

congrats...welcome to the clan of the ibanez

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 23 2009, 01:35 AM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Dec 23 2009, 01:26 AM) *
great guitar man! one of ibanez's finest!

congrats...welcome to the clan of the ibanez

Hearing that from our Ibanez-Meister is certainly reassuring smile.gif

I've read nothing but great things about both rg2550 & 2570s, so I guess it was a safe bet. I'll let you guys know when it arrives, though I will have to try it through a pockeckpod as I'm away from home for the holidays. Can't wait til January to try it with my amp & pedalboard... and I don't even have the guitar yet laugh.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

Does it take long to change strings on these floating trem guitars? Is it easy? I hope so wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 23 2009, 01:55 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Fran @ Dec 22 2009, 07:35 PM) *
Does it take long to change strings on these floating trem guitars? Is it easy? I hope so wink.gif

Congrats on what seems to be a fine guitar Fran. You will have a bit of a learning experience with the floater but shouldn't have any problems. If not already, set it up to your liking then change and tune each string one at a time and you'll be good to go.

You might need an anger management class after the first time or 2 but trust me, it gets easier. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 23 2009, 09:17 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Congratulations mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 23 2009, 12:50 PM
Congrats Fran!!
As Skenny says, string changes can be frustrating to start with, but changing one at a time in a methodical manner will give the less problems.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 23 2009, 01:10 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Congrats man smile.gif Looks beautiful even though I think ESP is a better way tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:40 AM