Alternate Thirds Lesson: Help, Alternate picking "FLOW"
zen
Apr 27 2008, 09:07 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Muris,

For the past 2 months, i am only practising your alternate thirds and E Ionian workout lessons. And well, the progress has been slow ohmy.gif(. I am still stuck at the beginning of the lessons. i am following the approach where one tries to master the lesson in phases rather than play the whole lesson at the lowest bpm first. I guess i should change my approach, since its not working and honestly becomes a bit boring. Following are the issues that i am facing:

Right Hand:
1. While coming up the scale (from high to low), my upstrokes are not fluent and my right hand is not able to find the "flow"
2. Accidently pick the adjecent strings :/ (especially while coming up)

The interesting thing is that if i ONLY practise high to low, it's still better (not really smile.gif ). But the problem comes when i go from low to high in a flow AND followed by high to low. i dont know if i am able to explain it correctly.

Left Hand:
1. My Pinky has a habit of getting far away from the fretboard when i am playing notes with my first 2 fingers. Even when i am not putting much pressure. Any exercises to fix this?
2. lefthand/right hand sync always messes up around the 1st and 2nd strings.

Attached is a rough take of the only boxes that i have learnt so far. Working on joining the boxes.

As you can see from the video, a lot of work needs to be done and my progress is very slow. But i would really appreciate if you could help me with the above and also suggest anything else that you see me doing wrong so that i can improve. smile.gif

All this has been especially slow since i had a habit of anchoring the pinky of my picking hand. Curling up the hand has been a challenge and i am still getting used to it. I am more comfortable with anchoring the pinky but the more i practise with curled hand, the better the chances of getting used to this (of course at a cost of slow progress smile.gif )

Thanks in Advance ! smile.gif

p.s - Others who are reading this and have faced the same issues, please feel free to help me out. Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  alt_third_left_hand.wmv ( 937.77K ) Number of downloads: 184
Attached File  alt_third_right_hand.wmv ( 1.02MB ) Number of downloads: 217

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:32 AM