Floyd Stopper
Toroso
Jul 3 2009, 12:55 PM
GMC:er
Does anyone know what the thing is called to immobilize your Floyd trem and where to get one?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Live well, and live often!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Static
Jul 3 2009, 01:04 PM
I have a Tremel-No. With these you can have a full floating tremolo (raise and lower pitch), a fully locked tremelo, and a dive-only tremelo (lower pitch only). They work very well and increase sustain a lot. Downsides are that they can be tricky to install and they are pretty expensive. (There are different Tremel-No's for different guitars so make sure you get the right one)

You also have trem stops

With these you can only lower the pitch (dive-only tremelo), so you can't lock them fully. They are cheaper though...

What you can also do is stick a piece of wood in the gap between your tremolo and your guitar body but I don't have any experience with this.

I ordered my Tremel-No from Thomann, but since you live in the US, you can order them from http://www.allparts.com/. According to the website Guitar Center and Sam Ash are official dealers so they should have them to.

Don't really know where you can find trem stops...

EDIT: typo

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Static: Jul 3 2009, 10:16 PM

--------------------

Guitars: Peavey HP Special Custom, Gibson SG Standard, Ibanez RG1570
Amps: Marshall TSL601, Fender Frontman Reverb, Fender Champion 600

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 4 2009, 08:37 PM
I'd recommend the Tremel-no as well!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jul 4 2009, 08:47 PM
Learning Roadie
I have a black box installed in my tremolo system. Tremolo remains fully functioal.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:10 PM