New Amp?, blackstar ht20 head or 5150 combo
KidKillIt
Nov 6 2011, 02:11 PM
GMC:er
I currently have a 5150 combo amp recently i was offered a blackstar ht20 studio head in trade I dont know to much about blackstar ive looked into it a little but im not sure if this particular head will have the balls for a small club what do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Nov 6 2011, 04:15 PM
The stats on the 5150 is a 2x12 200w tube combo amp correct?

Because the Blackstar is I believe a 20w tube amp no speakers. So you'd have to buy a cab if you don't already have one.

I'm not experienced in Blackstar I've never played on one but when I've heard them in person they seem more british rock tones. I do know that my local music store doesn't really have high-end amps to play with, but for testing guitars the Peavey 6505+ Combo is where I head to test. I believe its your combo just redesigned and an extra tube in it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 7 2011, 11:49 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
The blackstar will be on the limit. You will be heard, but more subtle.

Either way, concidering the amps and what they are. It sounds to me that other guy will be at the winning end of that trade. Hands down.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 7 2011, 01:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
Keep the 5150 combo!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 7 2011, 04:05 PM
Instructor
Also I hadn't the opportunity to play on a blackstar ht20, but judging by the video recordings and demos - your amp is the top !, and above all - it's a combo, very practical for gigs, and doesn't take a lot of places in the carriage!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 7 2011, 09:24 PM
Instructor
I've never used the blackstar but I love how the 5150 sounds so I wouldn't change it... why are you thinking on changing the amp? aren't you happy with the sound?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
KidKillIt
Nov 8 2011, 04:14 AM
Thanks for the info I was thinking the same thing I dont know to much about amps but thought i would ask just to make sure I wasnt passing up the deal of the century

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 8 2011, 09:37 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (KidKillIt @ Nov 8 2011, 04:14 AM) *
I dont know to much about amps

I think your counterpart was using that fact to his advantage when proposing that deal wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:48 PM