Building A Studio Rack
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2013, 01:37 AM
GMC:er
!!!BUILDING YOUR FIRST HOME STUDIO RECORDING RACK!!!

I've done a thread on putting together a rack for your portable rig, so let's talk about building a BIG rack for your home studio. You may be thinking " I don't need that do I?" and honestly, that's up to you. Some people want to spread their gear around the desk a bit. Once you reach a certain point, racking things up is the only way to get your desk back. Let's review....

To RACK or Not To Rack?
*Racking up your gear can recover needed desk/work space
*Racking up your gear can make powering and unpowering the gear easier.
*Adding a Uninteruptable power supply can protect all the gear in your rack.
*If you get a rack with casters/wheels, your entire rig is portable for remote recording work.
*It also allows you to protect your gear at home or abroad by letting you close/latch/lock. Just don't leave it in your van while you are getting some food!

PART 1: Buy a Rack!!!!

*These can be found on Ebay or any music supply web site for around $200 and up. I bought one for my home studio specifically. It's not meant to go gigging. It has

1.) 10 Rack units will fit in it.
2.) A mixer will sit on top and angled up.
3.) It has a nice door in back for cables.
4.) BIG casters/wheels.

**** IT WOULD NOT FIT IN MY CAR!!!! I had to rent a truck to get it home!! Take size in to account. It costs about $250 U.S. Here it is.

Attached Image

I"ll add to this thread as I continue the build. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:01 AM