4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Fire & Flames, Dragonforce
AlexLion
Mar 30 2009, 08:03 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 30 2009, 09:40 PM) *
Niether can they. ive seen this "band" live 4 times, and it was a disaster. the couldent play their parts worth crap, and the vocalist was completely hammered. they basicaly fumbled around the stage for an hour or so, then left. it was the worst live show I have EVER seen. if sam and herman are going to pass themselves off as super guitar gods, they better be prepared to back it up on stage. but they cant, so they suck.

Someone sounds angry laugh.gif I think they had serious stage fright and that`s why all that slopiness come, fear really takes your strenghts away. Well if they don`t i can`t find a reason why they suck:) and that jam on G3 2008 Herman does isn`t bad at all.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 30 2009, 08:26 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Mar 30 2009, 05:22 PM) *
We`re talking about leads actually biggrin.gif

Edit: ok, to keep it clear actually, we would like to see how it`s easy for you guys to play lead from 3.20 to 4.30

I'd like to see Herman actually play it that clear. I am NOT saying, its easy, I just said its not THAT hard - to be more specific, there are far more difficult things to play, than just those speedy nonsenses just up and down the scale. Not that its bad, but its repetitive - they dont play anything else than this...

Btw. on that "lesson" video (betcha cant play this...) you can clearly see, when Herman tries to "sweep" fast, his right hand movement is reeeeeeaaaaallllyyyyy baaaaaad. Hell I can play that clearer than him

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Mar 30 2009, 08:30 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Mar 31 2009, 03:48 AM
I've seen them live before too, and I can tell you right now, they didn't have a case of stage fright. They were surrounded by bottles and cans of beer >_> Sam and Herman kept falling and stumbling, hell, they even bumped into each other a few times, and they knocked over a mic stand or two. They were horribly out of sync with each other, and the sound system was horrible (the instruments kept fading out, and occasionally drowning each other out).

Fact of the matter is, Herman and Sam COULD be good players, but they seriously need to go back to their rooms for the next couple years and revise their techniques, and lay off the booze. Maybe after some serious work, THEN they could properly claim all the glory that Guitar Hero 3 got them.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 31 2009, 12:51 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Fullmetal_Tmd @ Mar 31 2009, 04:48 AM) *
I've seen them live before too, and I can tell you right now, they didn't have a case of stage fright. They were surrounded by bottles and cans of beer >_> Sam and Herman kept falling and stumbling, hell, they even bumped into each other a few times, and they knocked over a mic stand or two. They were horribly out of sync with each other, and the sound system was horrible (the instruments kept fading out, and occasionally drowning each other out).

Fact of the matter is, Herman and Sam COULD be good players, but they seriously need to go back to their rooms for the next couple years and revise their techniques, and lay off the booze. Maybe after some serious work, THEN they could properly claim all the glory that Guitar Hero 3 got them.

Well my point is quite similar:) I believe, they dont go as good example (not in the case of booze - remember, its sex drugs and THEN rock'n'roll, its Women, wine and THEN songs:) but when its time to play, its time to play:)). In my opinion, when you get famous as they did, its really embarrasing to be that uncompetent - to be playing so drunk, that you can't reproduce/provide what people paid for.

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 31 2009, 02:00 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 31 2009, 02:51 PM) *
Well my point is quite similar:) I believe, they dont go as good example (not in the case of booze - remember, its sex drugs and THEN rock'n'roll, its Women, wine and THEN songs:) but when its time to play, its time to play:)). In my opinion, when you get famous as they did, its really embarrasing to be that uncompetent - to be playing so drunk, that you can't reproduce/provide what people paid for.

Yeah, i agree with you cool.gif If you are famous you need at least stick with your own level that you did to became well known, but better is to progress of course.. I didn`t saw them live, but it would be interesting to see how they screw up everything biggrin.gif

And of course women and alcohol is more enjoyable and easy, than practise half a day biggrin.gif so maybe they just give up and enjoy live happy.gif

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 31 2009, 02:01 PM

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 5 2009, 08:24 AM
That live vid was horrible for sure! The guitars sounded out of tune and the unisono was at least at some parts totaly out of the timing signature. But anyway, they aren´t bad guitarists. And now I want to see that freakin´ vid learned in 168h smile.gif

This post has been edited by Roadside: Apr 5 2009, 08:24 AM

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 5 2009, 02:24 PM
QUOTE (Roadside @ Apr 5 2009, 09:24 AM) *
But anyway, they aren´t bad guitarists.

Agree to disagree? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Apr 5 2009, 03:47 PM
I saw Dragonforce this januari in Amsterdam (City of drugs), and I can tell you, they were not drunk (obviously) and competent enough to pull of all of their songs flawless. I think in the beginning they couldn´t match up to their fame, because they became `famous` that fast. Now they seem to have finally caught up.

Their new album, Ultra Beatdown, also has alot of new melodies and slower bits as well that get me every time. It also seems alot ´harder´ then their previous stuff.

Me being a total Dragonforce fan, I just HAD to tell you this.

This post has been edited by djohnneay: Apr 5 2009, 03:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Apr 5 2009, 07:18 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Apr 5 2009, 02:24 PM) *
Agree to disagree? tongue.gif

Ok, how about a video then?

One take only with a backing track.

This tread should really be closed. I don't belong to GMC to hear our members trash other players. If you are all so good, then why not start your own websites so you can trash whoever you want.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 5 2009, 07:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Mar 30 2009, 05:49 PM) *
Well, you didn`t said that was easy smile.gif but someone said it`s a piece of cake, so i wonder maybe there are monster shredders amongst GMC members tongue.gif
And for those who think Herman can`t play that fast, and all was speed up smile.gif Ok, he`s worse thatn others in there but, he`s fast and surely don`t suck at guitar.

For improv tongue.gif Li was actualy quite good tongue.gif Who's the guy that came after him? he rocked tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Apr 5 2009, 07:34 PM
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Apr 5 2009, 09:18 PM) *
Ok, how about a video then?

One take only with a backing track.

This tread should really be closed. I don't belong to GMC to hear our members trash other players. If you are all so good, then why not start your own websites so you can trash whoever you want.

Yeah, i completely agree with you. How can people criticise artists when they aren`t nowhere near not only in skill level but also in fame( i mean no one knows them in other countries\internet), that`s just ridiculuos. dry.gif

to Kaznie: it`s Doug Doppler.

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Apr 5 2009, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 5 2009, 07:55 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I pretty much agree Alex and Craig - usual bit is if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it wink.gif .

Nonetheless although some comments/opinions haven't been particularly nice they also haven't been abusive; to me they are just a difference of opinion. None have actually breached the posting guidelines - to me they are on the right side of it. So as for closing the thread - since there isn't any transgression of the posting guidelines I'll leave it up to the OP, i.e. Rapitap, as it's her thread.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Apr 6 2009, 02:42 AM
Ok, I'll wait for videos then haha.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:16 PM