Two Words: Thin Lizzy
JVM
Jul 7 2007, 07:28 AM
Learning Roadie
Oh man. One of my favorite bands. How can I describe them? Epic, mammoth, amazing, heavy, soft, hard, light, up, down (they fulfill all of my musical desires, you see). They have everything from great vocals courtesy of my man Phil Lynott, blistering and melodicly amazing solos on par with anything else I've ever heard, crunching riffs. They span from heavy metal to hard rock to pop to balladeering.

So who else loves em!? For some reason I can't find any other TL fans. And it makes me cry.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Jul 7 2007, 12:40 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 7 2007, 07:28 AM) *
Oh man. One of my favorite bands. How can I describe them? Epic, mammoth, amazing, heavy, soft, hard, light, up, down (they fulfill all of my musical desires, you see). They have everything from great vocals courtesy of my man Phil Lynott, blistering and melodicly amazing solos on par with anything else I've ever heard, crunching riffs. They span from heavy metal to hard rock to pop to balladeering.

So who else loves em!? For some reason I can't find any other TL fans. And it makes me cry.

I haven't listened to any Lizzy for quite some time, but they have been responsible for some great songs. "Waiting for an Alibi", "Jailbreak" and "Don't Believe A Word" are personal favourites. Also, I have to mention "Parisienne Walkways" as it was the first song played at my wedding! Gary Moore was actually born and raised just a few miles/kilometres from me, which I always found inspiring when I first picked up the guitar!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 7 2007, 05:32 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Thin Lizzy were great! We play a few songs... see if I can remember the titles... I'm bad with titles but Don't belive a word is one, another is Cowboy song.
We used to play Cold sweat.. hmm, we should pick that one up again. We play Cowboy song too.
Gary is still a god :-)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 7 2007, 06:22 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 7 2007, 12:32 PM) *
Gary is still a god :-)

Amen!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
acousticwanabee
Jul 11 2007, 12:12 AM
i like there version of wiskey in the jar

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 11 2007, 12:38 AM
Gary is a great guitarist, I love his bold bluesy style. But Gorham and Roberts were excellent as well. Its a shame they are no longer. It seems all the great bands die off too soon.

+Quote Post
David OToole
Jul 11 2007, 12:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 7 2007, 08:28 AM) *

Gotta agree with ya there JVM - HUGE fan here since a long time smile.gif. You hit the nail right on the head with your melodic Rock/Everything description above.

I come from Dublin meself and the lads are still mega over there of course in the hometown - deservedly so! Philo is sorely missed sad.gif.

D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Jul 11 2007, 12:36 PM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 11 2007, 12:38 AM) *
Gary is a great guitarist, I love his bold bluesy style. But Gorham and Roberts were excellent as well. Its a shame they are no longer. It seems all the great bands die off too soon.

Well Gorham and John Sykes still play under the Thin Lizzy name, don't they? I haven't heard any of their live material though. Apart from Gary Moore I don't know what any of the other ex-Lizzy guitarists are doing now.

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:57 PM