New Instructor - Daniel Robinson
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 22 2008, 08:25 PM
GMC Founder
Hi there,

I am very happy to present Daniel Robinson, instructor from Orlando, Florida.

He has an interesting background and will kick things off with a George Lynch lesson! biggrin.gif

Be sure to check out his mp3 as well!

Welcome to GMC Daniel! biggrin.gif

I started playing guitar at the age of 15. I was already involved in music before then though having been taking piano lessons for several years as well as playing in school orchestra and marching band.

I started my first band when i was 16. We played parties and what not typical garage band type stuff. Thru the 80's and 90's members came and went as well as names. During the time doing this though i have had the great honor of being in bands that had tremendous luck when it came to finding gigs. Several times being asked to be warm up acts for head lining groups coming into our town. I have had the pleasure of opening up for Yngwie, Dokken, Poison, Slaughter and Quiet riot. The reason for our luck came by way of a friend whose sister was dating Bobby Dahl at the time (bass player for poison). He had a house not far from where i live and i got to meet alot of people in the business because of that contact. The one constant in my bands though was the drummer, who ended up being my brother in law when he married my sister.

My current project is a group named "Whats the Matter" we are trying to go the route of symphonic/power metal in the vein of Within Temptation...Nightwish etc. We have a female vocalist. At this time we are trying to work out writing and creating a set list which we hope to go into the studio with sometime this fall or winter. We are trying to be prepared as much as possible so we keep studio time to a minimum.

I am including an mp3 of a track from this project thats still in the development stage i am sure it will change somewhat. Its just the raw music at this time lyrics havent been written or laid down yet. You know as well as i do that music is an ever changing process. The tentative name of the song is "The coming storm" It has in my opinion some interesting guitar layering the guitar solo is not polished yet. But i was going for a Craig Goldy type vibe (guitarist for Dio)

I am really looking forward to teaching here, the internet has broken down so many barriers and is an exciting medium to reach out to people from all around the world.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TheComingStorm.mp3 ( 3.51MB ) Number of downloads: 279

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Tjchep
Mar 22 2008, 08:29 PM
GMC:er
Impressive stuff.

Welcome man.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 22 2008, 08:30 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Very nice!!

Welcome to GMC, look forward to watching your lessons biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 22 2008, 08:32 PM
Instructor
Welcome Daniel smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 22 2008, 08:36 PM
Instructor
Welcome! smile.gif
I really liked the introduction-track and i'm looking forward to your first video smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Mar 22 2008, 08:38 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Welcome to GMC wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 22 2008, 08:57 PM
Welcome to GMC! biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to your lessons!

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 22 2008, 09:01 PM
Instructor
Hi Daniel - I'm new too! welcome!
nick

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 22 2008, 09:03 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Welcome! :-)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 22 2008, 09:11 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Welcome to GMC Daniel

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Mar 22 2008, 09:11 PM
HIya! im capt. Z nice to meet you!

(just feeling formal... laugh.gif )

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Siggum
Mar 22 2008, 09:13 PM
Welcome Daniel, looking forward to your lessons smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Gen
Mar 22 2008, 09:15 PM
Welcome smile.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Nick325
Mar 22 2008, 09:15 PM
welcome Daniel smile.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 22 2008, 09:17 PM
Welcome ! biggrin.gif

The intro track sounds damn good ! smile.gif It feels spooky yet soothing at the same time . cool.gif -Later

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 22 2008, 09:33 PM
Welcome, Dani!

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Mar 22 2008, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Welcome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 22 2008, 10:16 PM
Welcome Daniel smile.gif can't wait to see your lessions on GMC.. interesting flavour in your track smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Mar 22 2008, 10:28 PM
Instructor
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I am really looking forward to working with and for all of you. I have been lurking the forums for a long time before reaching this point so i feel like i know alot of you already smile.gif

Its taken some time getting to this point i have been beat over the head with Murphy's law (anything that can go wrong will!) But i have finally made it.

So happy to be aboard

Daniel

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 22 2008, 10:34 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome you found your way Daniel - your first lesson is going to be killer! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:24 PM