Knuckles Are Overworked, Any Of You Guys Experience With This ?, injuries
snackajacks
Jan 7 2012, 03:36 PM
GMC:er
visited the docter because my knuckles hurt a lot,
seems becayse I play volleybal, guitar, and computer a lot that my knuckles in my finger have
gained a lot of ( I dont know how to translate but its waterlike ) so I need to calm down for a few MONTHS !
( im still typing now haha )

Ill upload some creepy pics this week.

Did anyone of you get physical injuries from guitar ?

grtz Marc

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 7 2012, 03:59 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I have arthritis which gets real bad in cold weather and makes it hard to do anything demanding with my hands or arms.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 7 2012, 04:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 7 2012, 02:36 PM) *
seems becayse I play volleybal, guitar, and computer a lot that my knuckles in my finger have
gained a lot of ( I dont know how to translate but its waterlike ) so I need to calm down for a few MONTHS !

Damn Marc, that sucks ! From what you describe it sounds like a build up of fluid around the joints...

I blame computers, not guitar (but then I would !) wink.gif

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 7 2012, 02:59 PM) *
I have arthritis which gets real bad in cold weather and makes it hard to do anything demanding with my hands or arms.

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that.. I hope it never progresses into anything worse.

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 7 2012, 04:06 PM
If my knuckles start to get sore while practicing, I stop and massage them for a few minutes - does the trick.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 7 2012, 04:07 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 7 2012, 04:03 PM) *
Damn Marc, that sucks ! From what you describe it sounds like a build up of fluid around the joints...

I blame computers, not guitar (but then I would !) wink.gif

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that.. I hope it never progresses into anything worse.

indeed ben its fluid. it is really weird, when I press my knuckles down my knuckle doesn't knick but it shoots up.
but now im focussing on some guitar theory. guess my girlfriend has to type for me now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2012, 07:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 7 2012, 03:07 PM) *
indeed ben its fluid. it is really weird, when I press my knuckles down my knuckle doesn't knick but it shoots up.
but now im focussing on some guitar theory. guess my girlfriend has to type for me now smile.gif

Dude sad.gif I'm really sorry to hear that, take care not to make it worse! You can study theory and sing and train your ears instead wink.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 8 2012, 04:31 AM
Instructor
I hope you get better!

As for me?, no knuckle pain so far, but recently I've been experiencing a pain in my arm, the left one, just where the muscle involved in playing is,

I'm a bit worried, probably is the typing, although I think it's the guitar,

Not that bad but I've been resting and it's gone

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 8 2012, 06:37 PM
here is what it looks like, you can see my rg550 crying in the background

stil haven't slowed down because a guitarfriend came by today..
tomorrow I have to go to school again, maybe that helps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 8 2012, 07:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
I was in a fight recently with glass involved, got some big scars on my left hand knuckles.
Also hurt my hand badly while crashing on a motorcycle racetrack, luckily the bike wasnt damaged tongue.gif

Anyway I just keep playing..

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 8 2012, 07:08 PM
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 8 2012, 05:37 PM) *
here is what it looks like, you can see my rg550 crying in the background

stil haven't slowed down because a guitarfriend came by today..
tomorrow I have to go to school again, maybe that helps.

Honestly, if you love playing guitar, and want to play in the future, really cut-down or stop playing immediately. The longer you push the injury, the longer it'll take you to recover. Be careful.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2012, 07:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Jan 8 2012, 06:08 PM) *
Honestly, if you love playing guitar, and want to play in the future, really cut-down or stop playing immediately. The longer you push the injury, the longer it'll take you to recover. Be careful.

I would agree with Adam smile.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 8 2012, 07:23 PM
I really need something to do. guitar is like an addiction.
it is really frustrating but I appreciate your help guys.

docter gave me an excersice thought id share : I need to fill baskets, one with hot water and one with cold.
I need to hold my hands 1 minute in cold water and than in hot and that for 10 minutes so the blood pumps faster through your fingers.
like a boost. maybe it is a good warmup for guitar.

but indeed I focus myself for a few weeks on theory.....

lyguys.

Marc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 8 2012, 07:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 8 2012, 06:23 PM) *
I really need something to do. guitar is like an addiction.
it is really frustrating but I appreciate your help guys.

docter gave me an excersice thought id share : I need to fill baskets, one with hot water and one with cold.
I need to hold my hands 1 minute in cold water and than in hot and that for 10 minutes so the blood pumps faster through your fingers.
like a boost. maybe it is a good warmup for guitar.

but indeed I focus myself for a few weeks on theory.....

lyguys.

Marc

Yes, it's basically an exercise for your circulation.. just like we exercise muscles to make them perform and look better, you can improve circulation by placing a demand on it smile.gif

But yes, please stay away from guitar playing and try and minimise computer work if you can.. joints are one thing you can't mess around with. Don't worry though, the time will pass quicker than you think and it will all seem like it was over in the blink of an eye when you look back on it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2012, 11:47 PM
Instructor
Man, sorry to hear that. I hope in time it will be better. It may be a good idea to hear medical advice on how to pass it faster or something, it's worth of sacrifice. At least you won't forget any of your playing, you'll get back on track in no time, just be patient with it and let it heal.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 10 2012, 05:50 AM
Be very, very careful. You don't want to wreck your hands. What does your doctor say is wrong? Do you have Rheumatoid arthritis? If your doctor doesn't help, get a second oppinion. Don't let this continue. I had carpal tunnel syndrome and let it go until I had it in both arms and could not play guitar for six months and had to wear braces on both arms.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2012, 08:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 10 2012, 04:50 AM) *
Be very, very careful. You don't want to wreck your hands. What does your doctor say is wrong? Do you have Rheumatoid arthritis? If your doctor doesn't help, get a second oppinion. Don't let this continue. I had carpal tunnel syndrome and let it go until I had it in both arms and could not play guitar for six months and had to wear braces on both arms.

Whoaa sad.gif what an ordeal. How long did it take for you to get back into guitar playing shape?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 10 2012, 06:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 7 2012, 02:36 PM) *

Ill upload some creepy pics this week.

Did anyone of you get physical injuries from guitar ?

grtz Marc

It happens especially when you are in to sports! I think the best solution will be to do a lot of warm up exercises and do not overload yourself just take it easy! Friend of mine had a problem with his hands because he overplayed them he was practicing day and night and never did any warm ups!!! He had to stop playing for a year because of the pain now he is fine and back on track and always warming up!
Also you might look in to position you are sitting in maybe it's uncomfortable and you just have to adjust it! If it doesn't work try to stand up and play sometimes it helps as well!
I hope you feel better!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 12 2012, 06:04 PM
thanks guys, it now indeed is being carefull. I don't play guitar a lot and the time I spent on my computer is now uploading some old
stuff that was on my computer. luckily school has begun again...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2012, 06:37 PM
Instructor
I'm always doing warmups these days, and specially if I sit down to work on the keyboard. You cannot imagine how important a good keyboard is..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:58 AM