> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Socky42's Music Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2016, 10:28 PM
Instructor
Awesome track mate! Yeah, I think that with some polishing this one will be a new hit. The arrangement is great, and the guitar solos are very interesting. Looking forward to hear the final mix of this one. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 29 2016, 08:59 AM
GMC:er
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/vampire-killerrhythm/s-qmdlm

Recorded the rhythm guitar for the Vampire Killer cover, I think I can make the orchestral and distorted guitar work. The staccato part at 0:26 will be tough to mix in though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 30 2016, 03:31 PM
Instructor
Wou! Awesome riffing and harmony arrangements! It's really interesting how you move the chords to the dark side at 00:27.

I think that the strings need some more polishing. It sounds like delayed and not defined. I don't know if this is related to the staccato thing that you talked about but I definitely thing that the song could sound much better with strings that have more attack.

Other than that, this is killer.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 31 2016, 03:20 PM
Recorded the lead for the track; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3287032...llerMixTest.mp3

Think I'm just gonna have less of the orchestral stuff in the arrangement, sounds way too busy and it's almost impossible to mix properly. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Socky42: Aug 1 2016, 10:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2016, 03:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

yes, the lead sounds great but I also think that the overall sounds too busy. You need to omit some instruments or maybe use smaller groups of strings. Also, setting your rhythm guitar with less distortion can clean up a bit everything.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 1 2016, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the pointers man! Luckily I can release my collab video this week instead and I'll have some more time to tweak this track.

Gonna be able to use my Axe-FX again in September, where my rhythm tone was a lot more organic sounding. Bias FX is fine but I've definitely been missing my old patches haha. Was listening to some of my videos from last year and can't wait to use those tones with the drum and bass sounds I have now.

Feeling motivated this month, got two tracks pretty much done already and hopefully I can get another two done for a video a week in August.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 2 2016, 06:59 PM
Instructor
Awesome stuff mate! I've never used Axe but it seems to be a killer device so I can imagine that you've been missing it.

It seems that you are on a very creative period, enjoy it a lot!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 11 2016, 07:28 PM
Managed to get the two videos out and I've started on my next cover. I've got the rough outline of it done and tweaking the final arrangement before recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvi6c8toWJM - here's a link to the original

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/csgotest/s-StKWs - what I've got so far

What do you think of the intro? I wanna put my own spin on the track without losing sight of the original. The original track is a bit empty, so I've got a lot of room to work with.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Aug 12 2016, 11:46 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 13 2016, 02:58 AM
Instructor
Hi Socky, I love your version. It's totally groovy, modern and catchy.

About the intro, I'm missing the aggressive staccato arrangements that are included in the original. I would try to emulate this aggressive cuts. Can you get what I mean?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 15 2016, 10:12 AM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/csgotest/s-xNaKX

Definitely need more of that staccato flavour. Not sure how to do it yet though, here's what I've recorded so far. Gonna finish up the leads, then I'll figure out the staccato stuff. Maybe a synth or a brighter sounding string sample. Doesn't sound too good with just guitars, like at 1:10.

Also going to find more transition 'hit' sounds to smooth out the sudden changes.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Aug 15 2016, 10:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2016, 07:42 PM
Instructor
That's sounding really good Socky! I still think that you need more aggressive strings with more staccato and attack, and maybe at a higher octave. Besides this, the overall arrangement is really cool. I'm impressed on how you are managing industrial percussion in your newest tracks.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 15 2016, 08:54 PM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/csgotest1/s-xNaKX

Okay, I've tried adding some higher octave strings as well as a staccato choir part.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2016, 08:25 PM
Instructor
That's getting better and better! I love the overall arrangement mate. This will be a hit!

Also, your guitars sound bigger than usual. Good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 17 2016, 08:24 AM
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/csgotest1/s-JW17q

I think this is the final version in terms of arrangement, just needs some tweaking on the mix and a video. With the guitars, I've started putting in some more low-mids, definitely been missing in the last couple of videos.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Aug 17 2016, 08:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 18 2016, 11:08 PM
Instructor
Awesome man! It's a very cool track! Your guitar playing reminds me to Polyphia. Do you like them?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 20 2016, 05:05 AM
Here's the full video,

Yeah I love Polyphia, had their album on loop a couple of months back. Definitely where I picked up the stop/start solo thing from. But I have a limit to how much instrumental guitar music I can listen to, it sounds interesting at first but gets a bit 'boring' after a while and I have to take a break from it. Doesn't help that I also record nothing but instrumental stuff. laugh.gif

Planning on doing one more short video before my year abroad finishes and I move back to Manchester. Maybe like a TV show theme that I can spice up and add a solo to.

Our Doom remix went a little viral again last night btw, around 100k more views.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2016, 01:06 AM
Instructor
Congrats Socky! This new video is really cool! (as always smile.gif ). It's awesome how much interaction you have in your videos. Well done!!

And the Doom thing still amazes me! The response is totally awesome. 98% of the comments are positive which is a lot for a viral youtube video. We will have to do the Doom music world tour! haha biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 23 2016, 08:46 PM
Attached Image

It never stops, YouTube Gaming just shared it on their Twitter with like 800k followers. laugh.gif

Just gotta finish up arranging my next cover and record it. Should have a rough draft of it by tomorrow; some music from the game Overwatch, huge game right now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 24 2016, 02:20 PM
Instructor
That's totally awesome mate!! Congratulations! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 25 2016, 07:16 PM

It's only the first 1:10 of version of the track with a solo. Then at 1:30 it'll all be clean guitar with heavy ambient reverb/delay.

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/overwatchdraft/s-nx5Zg

Slowly getting there with the arrangement, I think the guitar stuff is fine; just need to tweak the transitions and the bridge/electronic section; some synths, a glitchy guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:56 AM