2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Licks
besip
Oct 28 2007, 12:55 AM
GMC:er
Hey Kris
I'm like to know something about the licks

somewhere here you was said this..-> how many Licks you know-that's better for you becouse that's the goal to play Solo quitar

I'm more rythm guy but i'm wondering to know how many licks you know? rolleyes.gif
you are probbaly create thousand of them! cool.gif but how many of them is on your head right now if you can say smile.gif

and 1 more question-do you have some favourite licks{count} what you use more like the others????

thanks Rene

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 4 2007, 01:10 AM
mellow.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 4 2007, 02:04 AM
Instructor
Hi Besip

I guess Kris has been really busy so I'm gonna try to give you quick guide.
Lick library of many players is almost endless,same with Kris I guess.
He cannot tell you how many licks does he know,it's impossible. smile.gif
Many of the licks are created in playing time,like real time composing,sort of speak.
And what is his favorite lick?
Must wait for Kris to answer. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 4 2007, 02:29 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Nov 3 2007, 09:04 PM) *
Hi Besip

I guess Kris has been really busy so I'm gonna try to give you quick guide.
Lick library of many players is almost endless,same with Kris I guess.
He cannot tell you how many licks does he know,it's impossible. smile.gif
Many of the licks are created in playing time,like real time composing,sort of speak.
And what is his favorite lick?
Must wait for Kris to answer. wink.gif

thanks muris..i'm actualyy know he cant't tell me how many licks he know becouse like he create probbaly thousand cool.gif of them...i'm more wondering know how many lick be can become from he's or your what ever head right now rolleyes.gif ..like probbaly u know all ready thousand but u will be remember right now maybe 200 rolleyes.gif .and the other question is like to know when he's or you play{improvasing} do u guys use just some favourite licks..or u dont thing about this probbaly and they are just coming probbaly from your head becouse your fingers all ready member them smile.gif

nothing technical..just personal question

thanks for answer cool.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 4 2007, 02:30 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 4 2007, 02:33 AM
Instructor
I use some licks already made but some new as well,from head.
And if I'm improvising it goes all the way up,can't trace it anymore.
Kris?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 4 2007, 04:01 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks a lot Muris for the help!

Besip - Muris is right. I know one thing though, Muris knows more licks than I do! laugh.gif (I'm working on it though!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 4 2007, 04:08 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 3 2007, 11:01 PM) *
Thanks a lot Muris for the help!

Besip - Muris is right. I know one thing though, Muris knows more licks than I do! laugh.gif (I'm working on it though!)

good answer thamks smile.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Nov 4 2007, 04:51 AM
Hi Besip! I'm Eddie, smile.gif
I started three months ago and I was (still am!) as confused as you, but I think that I can give you an advice
on how to start, it's working great for me: once you've done Kristopher's Beginner Kickoff just concentrate on the following lessons:
Muris' Alternate Picking-Thirds (GREAT for major-minor scale+Alternate Picking+learning your first 2 modes!)
Muris' Legato for Beginners (Great for legato and more boxes)
Muris' Mixolydian Beginner solo (Great for introduction to another mode and BENDING: the one bend he does makes you understand how it works)

Wallimann's Minor Pentatonic (great for minor penta in different boxes)
Walliman's Major Pentatonic (great for major penta)
Walliman's Slow Pentatonic (great for both major penta and minor penta and hearing a modulation)
Walliman's Bending Lesson (once you've got Muris' one bending this is the place to improve it, if you're a newbie, of course)

Advise: Don't try to do what they do, it's impossible, just try to "steal" parts of it. wink.gif

Also, Andrew's Theory board!!! Every lesson has a theoretical explanation in Andrew's awesome theory board!!!
Theory might look boring and slow, but it's very important.
Ex: Muris' Alternate Picking exercise is in C major and minor. Once you've done it you might wonder: what about the other keys? Well... just step into Andrew's world.
Hope it helps... Ciao, Eddie laugh.gif

This post has been edited by eddiecat: Nov 4 2007, 04:56 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 4 2007, 05:09 AM
GMC Founder
Eddie - this is some excellent help you are providing! blink.gif You rock! biggrin.gif Thanks!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 4 2007, 06:11 AM
QUOTE (eddiecat @ Nov 3 2007, 11:51 PM) *
Hi Besip! I'm Eddie, smile.gif
I

that's was great i'm locking for something like that
so are u donne with all of them after 3 month unsure.gif biggrin.gif ..i'm like the picking lesson ..becouse i'm allready lost with metronom and alternare spedd trainig by metronom.....

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=8225
but probaly the muris lesson is ok to play by metronom also right??? just set 3 note per beat and play{i'm talking about the picking third}

anyway im did all ready learn the whole a-minor pentatonic...so i'm probaly do not nedd to care first time whic scale im play over there right just play and have fun..and try first master the minor penta??

by that way thanks for good ID cool.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 4 2007, 06:13 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Nov 4 2007, 04:40 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 4 2007, 05:09 AM) *
Eddie - this is some excellent help you are providing! blink.gif You rock! biggrin.gif Thanks!!

Hi Kris! Never had a chance to say hello to you and to tell you how AMAZING this site of yours is.
I'm not the one who rocks, I'm afraid...
If you want to know who does, just take a look at your mirror, maybe not early in the morning tho! laugh.gif
Really, thanx a lot, this site is FANTASTIC.

Besip: the lessons have backing tracks, play on those when you practice the lessons.
I use metronome mainly for muscle memory, fingering, and AP. (Scales up and down, fo example).
Of course you can do Muris' alternate picking exercise to a metronome, but it's not three notes per beat.
Thirds are not triplet notes. wink.gif
It's plain 4/4 and it's up to you if you want to play it in 4th notes, 8th notes, 16th notes...
But again: Muris provided an excellent BT in different bpms, it would be a shame not to use them.
Besides, why not use it to jam? It's in C, first half in major second in minor so...
You say you know Amin pentatonic: A min is the relative minor (check Andrew's board!) of C,
so on the first half of Muris' BT jam on Amin pentatonic, which has the same notes as Cmaj pentatonic,
and on the second half jam on Cmin pentatonic. You'll have loads of fun! At least I did. smile.gif
An advise from a newbie: Don't try to do things that ARE TOO difficult. Guys like Muris have been playing for years and years!!! They make it look simple, but man... It's NOT. These guys are PROs'.
Some licks look very tempting, but are sadly out of reach for now.
Let me tell you once again how important Andrew's theory board is, and (sorry for saying this Muris ohmy.gif )
ask Muris anything you have in mind in his subforums. He is a great guy and answers in a very short time!
He is so helpfull! Hope it helps. Have a great day! Eddie. smile.gif

This post has been edited by eddiecat: Nov 4 2007, 10:29 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 4 2007, 08:46 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (eddiecat @ Nov 4 2007, 04:40 PM) *
I'm not the one who rocks, I'm afraid...
If you want to know who does, just take a look at your mirror, maybe not early in the morning tho! laugh.gif

laugh.gif Thanks!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 4 2007, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (eddiecat @ Nov 4 2007, 10:40 AM) *
picking exercise to a metronome, but it's not three notes per beat.
Thirds are not triplet notes. wink.gif
It's plain 4/4 and it's up to you if you want to play it in 4th notes, 8th notes, 16th notes...
You say you know Amin pentatonic: A min is the relative minor (check Andrew's board!) of C,
He is so helpfull! Hope it helps. Have a great day! Eddie. smile.gif

yeaahh eddie

actualy i'v benn kind of lost when Muris explaning there is 3 note per string..so thats why i'm thing about Thirds laugh.gif but im never see explanation about triplet note huh.gif

actualy the change from a-minor penta to c minor penta will be easy..i'm not worry about this same thing with the major scale...the Andrew board will be more problem..even in my home laung...i'm will be have problem with teory rolleyes.gif ..actualy i'm glad for your recomendations..to Muris and Waldman lesson

i'm all ready checks the Pavel alternare..and it's werry good..soon or later i'm gonna pick some of them and start practise more better....now i'm still have problem with my quitar setup..when i'm gonna fix this i'm will start folow some new leson

and if i'm be lost with something i'm gonna make you guys crazy and i'm will go to asking you thousand rimes cool.gif

thanks-Rene

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 4 2007, 11:37 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Nov 5 2007, 12:01 AM
Ciao Besip, don't worry about the language!
Just take your time to read through the beginner topics. Read them and read ithem again, they are so useful, and they're explained so well that you can't miss the meaning! Really!
I understand very well what you write, so why shouldn't you understand what Andrew writes?
I suck at guitar (it's not something you learn overnight), but I couldn't have improved as I have without Andrew's Board and the lessons I told you about. The rest is up to discipline. We have to understand that it takes time and a lot of practice. But it also takes a lot of commitment... Besides, if you don't understand something, just ask!!! wink.gif
Seniors and teachers here are so kind and helpful, just ask.
Ciao, Besip

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 5 2007, 12:10 AM
QUOTE (eddiecat @ Nov 4 2007, 06:01 PM) *
I understand very well what you write, so why shouldn't you understand what Andrew writes?
I

good--my europian friend..i'm glad you wrote this..funny part of this is..when i'm comig here and in first month try to have some answer nobody answering me ohmy.gif

1 guy {american} tell ..thats probbaly becouse they dont understand you..the funny part of this is..i'm was have lot od reply at the time from non american guys like you.. and also specialy from south america guys and the understand me well laugh.gif

i'm understand i'm not gonna learn many stuff overnight cool.gif my problem is i'm still need to organize my practising..specialy when i'm work on something i'n never sure if i'm good enough with that and if i'm can go to learn other stuff

but i'm will find my way wink.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 5 2007, 12:12 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 5 2007, 12:11 AM
Instructor
Eddie,great posts,very helpful and no need to be sorry mentioning Andrew's theory lessons,
those are like Holy Bible here!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 5 2007, 12:13 AM
Wow I need more practice haha. After seeing all of these responses from the instructors here on what to do to learn things helps me with what to learn.

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 5 2007, 12:19 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 4 2007, 06:13 PM) *
Wow I need more practice haha. After seeing all of these responses from the instructors here on what to do to learn things helps me with what to learn.

laugh.gif lol my first discusion what is usefuel for others

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Nov 5 2007, 12:28 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Nov 4 2007, 11:36 PM) *
actualy i'v benn kind of lost when Muris explaning there is 3 note per string..so thats why i'm thing about Thirds
thanks-Rene

Sorry, forgot this point: 3 notes per string is just another way of playing a scale.
Instead of playing the first box and then the 2nd (for example), you play them "together".
In other words you cover more fretboard with your left hand...
Try Muris' exercise and then go to Andrew's major/minor scale board and check the diagrams,
you'll understand.
Let me tell you how the theory board has been very helpful to me (just one stupid example):
Muris suggested that I do something over his Collaboration A Backing Track. Ok, I knew major/minor (Ionian/Aeolian) but was very interested in Mixolydian because of his lesson. So I told myself: I'll try to do something in A Mixolydian! I downloaded his BT and thought "what next?". From Andrew's Board I know that any Mixolydian mode is derived from the 5th degree of a major scale, right? So once I know it's in A, all I have to do is think of which major scale A is the 5th degree. Just use Andrew's formula (2-2-1-2-2-2-1) and you'll see that A mixolydian is derived from D major. "Only" difference, root note is not D but A!
Come on, let's make our teachers proud!!! smile.gif
Eddie

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 5 2007, 12:36 AM
QUOTE (eddiecat @ Nov 4 2007, 06:28 PM) *
Eddie

you are smart guy for that laugh.gif ..i'm probally will go like i'm promise before and ask you thousand times about the teory if andrew not be around biggrin.gif

actualy what i'm like in my self..i'v lear the whole 5 boxes of a-minor penta just 3 days

i'm belive if i'm know a-minor penta..i'm will be know easi the other minor penta becouse they have same position if i'm start on root note in low -E rolleyes.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:46 AM