2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Death Metal Song
The Uncreator
Jul 20 2010, 07:03 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey guys, Recently I got some new tools for improving my mix and sound, And I have been experimenting with them quite a bit with some older songs that already had a solid mix, but still need that little something extra. So I ended up re-recording this song, a pretty straightforward Death Metal tune with a nice groovy verse. Also, the guitars on this song were all done using impulses and sims, and all of it is freeware too, I'm new to it sort of - Usually I mix aspects of the two, but this is the first song done using all impulses - And I am liking the tone I have got so far, Still messing with that a bit as well.

But please, let me hear your opinions! smile.gif

Attached File  Chasm.mp3 ( 10.87MB ) Number of downloads: 495

Also, here are the lyrics - Kinda dark and evil smile.gif

_ _ _ _ _

Chasm
_ _ _ _ _

A world darkened by our sins
A planet scarred by our wrath
Dark, perverse, and vile
A collection of death
Hell hath no fury like this

Innocence all but raped and dead
Justice chained and bound
No extreme unction for the ill
No remission of sins these vast

The skies above Chasm
Pour down the blood of
The sick and twisted
The earth below Chasm
Inherits the souls of
The perversely revered

The air amongst the Chasm's hordes
Cannot be breathed by innocence
The nights deep in the Chasm's depths
Cannot come to pass without sin

Repugnant, corrupted creatures
Not worthy to be human
Intentional deformation
of the self, The soul and the mind

Vile, grotesque abominations
Thrashing in a pool of there own blood
Drowning others in the undertow
Insatiable thirst for death

I cannot breathe
I cannot see
I cannot feel
I cannot hear
I cannot think
I cannot concentrate

I cannot breathe...
I cannot breathe!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 20 2010, 07:24 PM
Instructor
that's awesome man!!! whatta powerful voice in there! love it.
it has something really cool, somehow it reminds me to Behemoth, but in a complete different way! Great work man! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 20 2010, 07:39 PM
Hah, your quick! The dirty riff after the solo was hugely inspired by a lot of Nergal's guitar work, as were the gallopy riffs after it. Good catch and thanks for the kind words! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 20 2010, 07:43 PM
Instructor
sure thing man! really like it... don't u mind if I download it to my Ipod?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 20 2010, 10:04 PM
No not at all man, I would be honored! smile.gif

+Quote Post
maqhem
Jul 21 2010, 08:25 AM
GMC:er
Wow, interesting, really. Good, good!

Unlike a lot of death metal, especially brutal death metal and underground death metal, this atmosphere is REALLY evil!

Its melodic and melancholic parts were really lovely - keep up the brutal work there, man biggrin.gif
I'm already looking forward to hearing much more from you.

This post has been edited by maqhem: Jul 21 2010, 08:28 AM

+Quote Post
Attila Voros
Jul 21 2010, 12:11 PM
Wow man, it's really cool!!!
Could You tell me a little more about how did You get the guitar sound?
Anyways, it reminds me a little to Gojira!
The only thing that I'd change would be the effects on the vocals. For me there's to much reverb for this music (sounds like an old school "slayerish" thing:)), but no offense, this is just my opinion.
On the whole it's awesome!
Keep it metal bro!

--------------------
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/hellbounder86

Myspace: www.myspace.com/vorosattila

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 21 2010, 01:41 PM
QUOTE (Attila Voros @ Jul 21 2010, 04:11 AM) *
Wow man, it's really cool!!!
Could You tell me a little more about how did You get the guitar sound?
Anyways, it reminds me a little to Gojira!
The only thing that I'd change would be the effects on the vocals. For me there's to much reverb for this music (sounds like an old school "slayerish" thing:)), but no offense, this is just my opinion.
On the whole it's awesome!
Keep it metal bro!

Unfortunately I have to keep the original vocal takes, which are about a year old - Hard to get time to record those. But anyway, thanks for the kind words! Thank you for the Gojira reference, it made my day! laugh.gif

The guitar tone is still experimental, But its all done through a series of VST's. Basically instead of micing my amp, or recording through my PODX3 (Which is what I normally do), I record my guitar dry, and add a series of Amp Simulators and Cabinet Emulators in the effects chain which work the same was as my POD's interface would.

The flip side of this is that, since I'm pretty indecisive about my tone all the time, This allows me to change it completely at any time - Without having to re-record anything.

Since I have this picture already up from another thread, here is a quick screen shot of my effects chain for one of my guitar tracks.

the "SoloC" and "8505" are basically two VST's that emulate guitar heads. All the distortion and main beef is coming from the 8505, while I use the clean channel on the SoloC to keep the overall sound a bit brighter and crisp. that little grey box on the right called "keFIR" is basically the cabinet those heads would go into. Its an impulse loader, all an impulse is (in the most basic sense) is a .wav file that a program keFIR loads to emulate cabinets mic'ed at different angles and such.

But anyway I think I'm blabbing now, Thank you again for your comments - Much appreciated! smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 21 2010, 02:09 PM
QUOTE (maqhem @ Jul 21 2010, 12:25 AM) *
Wow, interesting, really. Good, good!

Unlike a lot of death metal, especially brutal death metal and underground death metal, this atmosphere is REALLY evil!

Its melodic and melancholic parts were really lovely - keep up the brutal work there, man biggrin.gif
I'm already looking forward to hearing much more from you.

Thanks a ton man! I have plenty more coming too smile.gif

+Quote Post
TylerT
Jul 22 2010, 02:01 AM
Guitar Hero
Wow! You've got a great sound man! Sounds very professional

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 22 2010, 02:06 AM
Thank you for the kind words! smile.gif

I have spent a lot of time trying to make my mixes sound as good as possible for as little as possible.

+Quote Post
Attila Voros
Jul 22 2010, 09:23 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 21 2010, 12:41 PM) *
Unfortunately I have to keep the original vocal takes, which are about a year old - Hard to get time to record those. But anyway, thanks for the kind words! Thank you for the Gojira reference, it made my day! laugh.gif

The guitar tone is still experimental, But its all done through a series of VST's. Basically instead of micing my amp, or recording through my PODX3 (Which is what I normally do), I record my guitar dry, and add a series of Amp Simulators and Cabinet Emulators in the effects chain which work the same was as my POD's interface would.

The flip side of this is that, since I'm pretty indecisive about my tone all the time, This allows me to change it completely at any time - Without having to re-record anything.

Since I have this picture already up from another thread, here is a quick screen shot of my effects chain for one of my guitar tracks.

the "SoloC" and "8505" are basically two VST's that emulate guitar heads. All the distortion and main beef is coming from the 8505, while I use the clean channel on the SoloC to keep the overall sound a bit brighter and crisp. that little grey box on the right called "keFIR" is basically the cabinet those heads would go into. Its an impulse loader, all an impulse is (in the most basic sense) is a .wav file that a program keFIR loads to emulate cabinets mic'ed at different angles and such.

But anyway I think I'm blabbing now, Thank you again for your comments - Much appreciated! smile.gif

Your sound is just killer man! I'll try to do some recordings this way for sure! How can I get these VST's plugins (or someting similar to these)?
Thanks for the intresting "blabbing", I think it was really helpful (at least for me:)).
May have a nice day brada!

--------------------
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/hellbounder86

Myspace: www.myspace.com/vorosattila

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 22 2010, 01:02 PM
Jazz Instructor
I like the lyrics very much.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 22 2010, 02:15 PM
QUOTE (Attila Voros @ Jul 22 2010, 01:23 AM) *
Your sound is just killer man! I'll try to do some recordings this way for sure! How can I get these VST's plugins (or someting similar to these)?
Thanks for the intresting "blabbing", I think it was really helpful (at least for me:)).
May have a nice day brada!

Here are all the links to them:

http://sites.google.com/site/nickcrowlab/ Nick Crow 8505

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2009/03/soloc-v11.html LePou SoloC

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2010/03/legion.html LePou LeGion (another cool AmpSim)

http://freemusicsoftware.org/663 keFIR Impulse Loader

and of course, when you click the load button in keFIR inside your DAW - These are the files you will select to load - Each one emulates cabinets from different angles and such.

http://catharsis.supremepixels.com/impulses/ Click on "catharsis-awesometime-fredman.zip"

http://stash.reaper.fm/v/3447/GuitarHacks%20Impulses.rar Bunch of Impulses in there, tons of them.

These are the free ones, a company called Redwirez makes emulations for name brand cabinets, Marshalls, Engl's, Mesa Boogie, etc. But those cost about $125 for all 50-70 or so impulses.

QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Jul 22 2010, 05:02 AM) *
I like the lyrics very much.

Thanks Vasilije, Its inspired by a book called "Chasm City" by Alastair Reynolds if you're interested.

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 22 2010, 02:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 20 2010, 06:04 PM) *
No not at all man, I would be honored! smile.gif

awesome! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Roman
Jul 22 2010, 02:32 PM
Hey Uncreator,

again a awesome song. I really like your tone and i already know these VST plugins. My question is did you use your POD to record the dry signal or did you use another audio interface?

cheers

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 22 2010, 02:37 PM
I used the POD to get the signal. I just go to a random user preset and bypass everything. Any audio interface will work just as well though.

+Quote Post
Roman
Jul 22 2010, 02:43 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 22 2010, 01:37 PM) *
I used the POD to get the signal. I just go to a random user preset and bypass everything. Any audio interface will work just as well though.

Ok that's good to know. Because i had problems while using my POD and this VSTs. Maybe i made an mistake.

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Jul 22 2010, 02:45 PM
Loving this song! Although the vocals should have been moar.. Guttral.. But thats just me.

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 22 2010, 02:57 PM
I want to redo them, Just need to find the time. The vocal takes are actually quite old unfortunately.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:20 PM