Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 22 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Let's see if you can figure out where this one took me.. laugh.gif

Edit: Remixed...

biggrin.gif Loved it! very good idea, never thought of it,

smile.gif

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Nov 22 2009, 05:15 PM) *
Daniel,
Here is another take and I went for a whole new sound to mix it up. I can also record my last take properly with the Ballad track lined up on the proper beat if you like (not a problem to do). I took more chances here and it felt good. I think I might mix it up one more take and shoot for a completely new sound again. It felt like I had to stretch to rethink my relationship to the music. At first I wasn't sure I could do it... then Bam! I could hear the new music, (in my head) with the same backing track. cool.gif

I like this one so much better! great job! I can tell you were a lot more loose on this take, keep searching for that state in your recordings,

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 23 2009, 12:37 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 22 2009, 06:31 PM) *
biggrin.gif Loved it! very good idea, never thought of it,

smile.gif

Thanks Daniel. This backing immediately took me to the beach for some reason. The idea behind the recording is of someone standing on a pier, storm approaching and missing a loved one. Sad, I know..but that's the picture I was trying to paint. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Nov 23 2009, 06:04 AM
GMC:er
Daniel,
Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoy the backing track, I feel like it gives a lot of room to explore cool.gif and yeah it is liberating, and thanks for the fast feedback!

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 23 2009, 07:45 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Not sure if it fits the dreamy theme here.. but I guess I am just flowing on the beat.. simple notes. smile.gif

Hope you all like it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  maharzan_dreamy_odd_timing.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 205

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Nov 23 2009, 07:57 AM
That wouldn't happen to be the Triaxis preset I shared would it? wink.gif I think it fits the mood nicely. Nice work.

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 23 2009, 08:21 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks. smile.gif

Ah no, I was playing it at random presets.. and just exploring the G-force presets too.. This time I actually went and tried all presets on G-Force. biggrin.gif

I don't have a volume pedal. It would have been great to come up something on a volume pedal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 23 2009, 04:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Nov 23 2009, 07:45 AM) *
Not sure if it fits the dreamy theme here.. but I guess I am just flowing on the beat.. simple notes. smile.gif

Hope you all like it.

Nice agressive bends and tremolo work!

you risked a lot here, good job!

I'll write detailed comments for the final mix,

QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 23 2009, 12:37 AM) *
The idea behind the recording is of someone standing on a pier, storm approaching and missing a loved one. Sad, I know..but that's the picture I was trying to paint. smile.gif

I actually didn't think of a sad picture, but a very peaceful one with your remix,

I'll keep my image biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 23 2009, 05:42 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Daniel.. smile.gif SHould I post the track with no BT also or do you not require that?

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 24 2009, 05:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Nov 23 2009, 05:42 PM) *
Thanks Daniel.. smile.gif SHould I post the track with no BT also or do you not require that?

Cheers!

yes please post it for the final mix,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
methodseeker
Nov 27 2009, 04:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Daniel,

Is there room for another participant? I haven't tried one of these collabs yet, but your backing was really interesting, and I ended up working something out over it.

Here's my mix:
Attached File  Dreamy_Ballad_Oddtime_Collaboration_BT.mp3 ( 1.14MB ) Number of downloads: 165

Here's just the guitar with the reverb removed, but other effects intact:
Attached File  Dreamy_Ballad_Oddtime_Collaboration_noBT.mp3 ( 1001.96K ) Number of downloads: 154

I recorded clean into garageband, so I can change the amp modeling and effects pretty easily.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 27 2009, 04:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (methodseeker @ Nov 27 2009, 04:09 PM) *
Hi Daniel,

Is there room for another participant? I haven't tried one of these collabs yet, but your backing was really interesting, and I ended up working something out over it.

Here's my mix:
Attached File  Dreamy_Ballad_Oddtime_Collaboration_BT.mp3 ( 1.14MB ) Number of downloads: 165

Here's just the guitar with the reverb removed, but other effects intact:
Attached File  Dreamy_Ballad_Oddtime_Collaboration_noBT.mp3 ( 1001.96K ) Number of downloads: 154

I recorded clean into garageband, so I can change the amp modeling and effects pretty easily.

Hi methodseeker, good job with the take! you took a lot of risks there,

You even went into the atonal realm! the tone you use has probably too much brights on it, if you want you can round it up a little by adding some mids and bass. That would take care of itself using another amp maybe.

Deadline is tomorrow.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
methodseeker
Nov 27 2009, 05:56 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 27 2009, 07:26 AM) *
Hi methodseeker, good job with the take! you took a lot of risks there,

You even went into the atonal realm! the tone you use has probably too much brights on it, if you want you can round it up a little by adding some mids and bass. That would take care of itself using another amp maybe.

Deadline is tomorrow.

I jammed around in Em for a while, then followed my ears out into some other colors.

Here's the mix again, with adjusted balances. I'm using the marshal model. For this version I boosted the bass and mid, dropped the treble, left presence alone. I also adjusted eq for more bass, and eased up the gain another couple of notches, then dropped the guitar several dB in the mix. Is this what you had in mind? Or a more different sound?

Attached File  Dreamy_Ballad_Oddtime_Collaboration_3_BT.mp3 ( 1.14MB ) Number of downloads: 147

If so, I'll upload the naked guitar track. Do you want it without reverb, or just without BT?

If it's not obvious, I'm pretty much a total beginner with this stuff, so any advice is much appreciated. smile.gif

This post has been edited by methodseeker: Nov 27 2009, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 28 2009, 09:14 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
ok here is my guitar..

Attached File(s)
Attached File  maharzan_dreamy_noBT.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 128

--------------------

+Quote Post
methodseeker
Nov 28 2009, 04:56 PM
Learning Roadie
...And here is mine.

Attached File  Dreamy_Ballad_Oddtime_Collaboration_3_noBT.mp3 ( 1001.96K ) Number of downloads: 134

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 29 2009, 03:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (methodseeker @ Nov 27 2009, 05:56 PM) *
I jammed around in Em for a while, then followed my ears out into some other colors.

Here's the mix again, with adjusted balances. I'm using the marshal model. For this version I boosted the bass and mid, dropped the treble, left presence alone. I also adjusted eq for more bass, and eased up the gain another couple of notches, then dropped the guitar several dB in the mix. Is this what you had in mind? Or a more different sound?

Attached File  Dreamy_Ballad_Oddtime_Collaboration_3_BT.mp3 ( 1.14MB ) Number of downloads: 147

If so, I'll upload the naked guitar track. Do you want it without reverb, or just without BT?

If it's not obvious, I'm pretty much a total beginner with this stuff, so any advice is much appreciated. smile.gif

The tone is much better! and melodically the idea is much more understanadable. Good job!

QUOTE (maharzan @ Nov 28 2009, 09:14 AM) *
ok here is my guitar..

Thank you!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 30 2009, 12:37 AM
Experienced Rock Star
A message for all the collabs I'm in...I've been having quite a few problems and will try to post all my takes tomorrow...I was going to post some takes sooner but the GMC Forum modifications made me take care of other subjects first, if it's not possible to receive one more day to make the collab, I'm sorry for taking someone's place smile.gif

Cheers
Filipe

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 30 2009, 12:52 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Here's my take, it's half improvised.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Nov 30 2009, 01:17 AM
Dexxter. Your take seems to be the backing track only. No solo.

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
Gabbez
Nov 30 2009, 01:23 AM
Hi, this is Dexxter.. I'm having trouble with my login because of the new site design, I can't login right now and I'm going to send a mail to the support tomorrow after I've checked some things.

This is my friend's account so I will just upload the real files of my take as I accidentally uploaded the backing on my previous post. So here it is.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Dexxter_DreamyOddtime_NBT.mp3 ( 697.68K ) Number of downloads: 132
Attached File  Dexxter_DreamyOddtime_WBT.mp3 ( 1.7MB ) Number of downloads: 133

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:44 PM