8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Caelumamittendum's Bootcamp!, Prepare yourself for a Glorious Death!!!
Todd Simpson
Sep 8 2013, 09:06 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

After that, you will proceed to play each example in each mission and submit them all for MISSION DEBRIEF!!!

Here is your link your personal training ground/HELL!

http://bitly.com/cmansbootcamp

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 8 2013, 09:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 8 2013, 02:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Alright, Todd, here we go. This is just from having looked at the lesson shortly today. I wouldn't mind going even further back to 60 bpm, working my way up, but this was 80, 100, 120 and finally 130 bpm. There are some bumps in the road here and there, and with a little more practice I could surely be pushing it more:

Throw at me what you got, I don't mind harsh critique smile.gif

EDIT: I played it a bit higher up the neck and jumping around in a pattern, but if you want me to I can throw a video up of playing it with F and F# on the low E. Or a random jumps video. Your call.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 8 2013, 06:14 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 9 2013, 02:35 PM
BINGO!!!!!!! Soldier you just KRUSHED Mission One with a HIGH DEGREE OF PRECISION AND MALICIOUS INTENT!!!

Let's Debrief....

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Clean Strikes
2.)Even Pacing and Progression
3.)Good right hand position, planted on the bridge.

You Sir have just earned your first MISSION BADGE!!!!

In short Soldier, you just drew FIRST BLOOD and ...

!!!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 8 2013, 09:49 AM) *
Alright, Todd, here we go. This is just from having looked at the lesson shortly today. I wouldn't mind going even further back to 60 bpm, working my way up, but this was 80, 100, 120 and finally 130 bpm. There are some bumps in the road here and there, and with a little more practice I could surely be pushing it more:

Throw at me what you got, I don't mind harsh critique smile.gif

EDIT: I played it a bit higher up the neck and jumping around in a pattern, but if you want me to I can throw a video up of playing it with F and F# on the low E. Or a random jumps video. Your call.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 9 2013, 02:40 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 9 2013, 06:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very nice, Sir! What's my next mission?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2013, 05:38 PM
Soldier, you will plow, fight and scrape your way through the examples in each and every lesson in my Bootcamp Training Series of Death.

You just completed MISSION 1, now on to MISSION (Lesson) 2!! These lower lessons have very few examples to master, once you reach a certain point much further on, you will need to master 6 or 7 examples for each Mission. But let's start small and work our way up!!!

All the Missions (lessons) can be found here.

http://bit.ly/twtgmc

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 9 2013, 01:26 PM) *
Very nice, Sir! What's my next mission?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 11 2013, 11:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 11 2013, 06:38 PM) *
Soldier, you will plow, fight and scrape your way through the examples in each and every lesson in my Bootcamp Training Series of Death.

You just completed MISSION 1, now on to MISSION (Lesson) 2!! These lower lessons have very few examples to master, once you reach a certain point much further on, you will need to master 6 or 7 examples for each Mission. But let's start small and work our way up!!!

All the Missions (lessons) can be found here.

http://bit.ly/twtgmc

Aye, sir! Got it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 12 2013, 10:55 PM
Learning Rock Star

Hit the wall at 230 bpm....or before probably.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2013, 09:08 PM
You've got some really good precision/speed here soldier!!!!! I"m gonna push you a bit here and make you earn the crap out of it. Try this using DOUBLE PICK (slow down a bit if needed to keep it clean) and the DREADED (QUAD PICK - Four Strikes Per Note)

Knock this out and you've crushed it and will be ready to LEVEL UP!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 12 2013, 05:55 PM) *

Hit the wall at 230 bpm....or before probably.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 13 2013, 10:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Fair enough. I'll take the challenge in full stride and get it done tonight!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 14 2013, 01:53 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 14 2013, 01:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm not 100% sure if this is what you mean:

On the first round with single picking, I think I might have started not on the 1st beat with the metronome. Oops!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 14 2013, 01:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2013, 05:01 AM
BINGO!!!!! Soldier, after seeing your playing in the Collab I have high expectation and you just met them!

Let's Debrief....

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Doubles!!! Quads!!
2.)Solid Techniques on all fronts, right hand, left hand, picking, synch, nice!
3.)Keeping Good right hand position, planted on the bridge.

You Sir have just earned your SECOND MISSION BADGE!!!!

and ...

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 13 2013, 08:57 PM) *
I'm not 100% sure if this is what you mean:

On the first round with single picking, I think I might have started not on the 1st beat with the metronome. Oops!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 18 2013, 05:58 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 17 2013, 03:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's lesson 3, Sir, singled, doubled and quaded!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2013, 11:07 PM
This is GREAT SOLDIER!!! But I've seen you SHRED in our Collab!!! I know you have more AFTERBURNER in that right arm!!!! You've got the picking down cold, I want you to push it to the edge just before you lose control of it. See if you can take your DOUBLE and QUAD pick Metronome speed HIGHER!!! Keep it tight, but push it fast enough to be at the very edge of your ability!!!

SARGE

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 17 2013, 10:40 AM) *
Here's lesson 3, Sir, singled, doubled and quaded!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 18 2013, 12:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 18 2013, 12:07 AM) *
This is GREAT SOLDIER!!! But I've seen you SHRED in our Collab!!! I know you have more AFTERBURNER in that right arm!!!! You've got the picking down cold, I want you to push it to the edge just before you lose control of it. See if you can take your DOUBLE and QUAD pick Metronome speed HIGHER!!! Keep it tight, but push it fast enough to be at the very edge of your ability!!!

SARGE

+20bpm, at 240 bpm it begins to fall apart with the doubles and the quads. Just look at the face during the doubles!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 18 2013, 12:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 18 2013, 05:55 AM
Now your talking Soldier!! I can see by the look of outright PAIN on your face that you are EARNING THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF IT!!!!

That's what I like to see!!! I knew you could push it a bit more Soldier, I knew you could do it!!!

Let's Debrief....

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Killer Doubles!!
2.)Killer Quads!!!
3.)Keeping Good right hand position, planted on the bridge.

In short, your technique remains very solid. I"m glad to see you pushing the envelope. This is where real progress happens!! keep DRILLING AND KILLING Soldier!!!

You Sir have just earned your THIRD MISSION BADGE!!!!

and ...

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 17 2013, 07:14 PM) *
+20bpm, at 240 bpm it begins to fall apart with the doubles and the quads. Just look at the face during the doubles!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 18 2013, 05:58 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 21 2013, 04:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Double trouble!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 21 2013, 04:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2013, 07:10 AM
Good to see you earning the crap out of it Soldier!! I can tell from the look on your face that you are having quite the good time smile.gif Earning it!!!!

Let's Debrief....

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Look at those Doubles!!
2.)Check those Quads!!!
3.)Maintaining a good right hand position through the entire Battle!

Soldier, I saw you fall off the wagon a couple of times toward the end, but honestly, that was well after you had more than done enough to earn your next Mission Badge!!! I know how fun these MULTIPICK workouts can be! It's hard to stop once you start! I can tell that you LOVE these things so the good news is there are plenty more!!!

In short, ...

You Sir have just earned your FOURTH MISSION BADGE!!!!

and ...

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 21 2013, 11:53 AM) *
Double trouble!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 26 2013, 09:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
Struggling at higher speeds sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2013, 03:07 AM
Slow it down a bit Soldier!!! I just want to see you play near the edge of your ability. Take the speed back so that you can play and feel confident, but it should not feel "Easy". You should be focusing and playing near the edge of what you can manage.

But I DO NOT want you to play OVER that edge to where you are not confident in your ability. I just wanna see you earn it!! Whatever speed that is, will be just fine smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 26 2013, 04:08 PM) *
Struggling at higher speeds sad.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 27 2013, 01:05 PM
Learning Rock Star

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:18 AM