8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Caelumamittendum's Bootcamp!, Prepare yourself for a Glorious Death!!!
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 24 2015, 06:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
A shot at number 18:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2015, 08:11 PM
GMC:er
Well Fought Soldier!! This is the lesson that really seems to stump folks and you just KAAAARUUUSSSSHHED IT!!!!!

Let's Debrief....

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Fluid Picking and Fretting
2.)Spot on Note Choices
3.)Smooth Transition between chops

You have really been growing a TON as a musician lately and it's great to see smile.gif Here is your 18 badge Soldier, you earned it! In short you just...

!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 24 2015, 01:46 PM) *
A shot at number 18:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 25 2015, 11:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's a take at 19, which proved a bit difficult:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 26 2015, 10:15 PM
Well Fought Soldier!! This is a complex four finger tapping sequence and you really KILLED IT!!!!

Let's Debrief....

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Tight Right/Left Hammer/Pull
2.)Smooth timing
3.)Solid strikes and pulls

Not to mention that is one SPIFF weapon you brought to the fight!!!! Welcome to CLUB IBBY!!!!

You just....

!!!! LEVELED UP !!!!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 26 2015, 10:15 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 27 2015, 03:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Number 19 awaits, but which part am I supposed to record? All of it? Including the warm up?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 28 2015, 02:35 AM
I think you mean # 20? The warmup is just for practice. Try to record the other bits smile.gif They are all sorta related.

Sarge

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 27 2015, 10:03 AM) *
Number 19 awaits, but which part am I supposed to record? All of it? Including the warm up?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 28 2015, 04:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Of course I meant 20. Completely forgot I'd already done 19 biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 28 2015, 05:25 PM
Fight On Soldier!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 28 2015, 11:20 AM) *
Of course I meant 20. Completely forgot I'd already done 19 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 30 2016, 01:57 PM
Learning Rock Star

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2016, 11:04 PM
GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK IN THE FIGHT SOLDIER!!!! Wielding your spiff Ibby as a bonus!! Sorry to hear of your computers issues sad.gif It's a struggle to be sure. On to the DEBRIEF!!!

You are really spot on with this one Nice Axe there too!!

MEDALS OF HONOR
1.)Picking is on point! Your picking is very clean and as a bonus you are not losing your palm mute during picking!!!!!! Well done.
2.)Muting spot on! You keep a good solid palm mute the entire time and don't let a lot of extra noise happen which is great to see! Never underestimate the value of a planted right hand!
3.)Pacing is great as well!! You don't rush or lag during the entire bit. As I always say, you gotta learn to play like a robot if you wanna Shred like a God!

This is not a simple bit and involves a TON of string and fret traverse and you just NAILED IT. I"d challenge you to take this lick and now try it as a solo lick on any backing, write something simple if needed to match the key to take advantage of muscle memory, and try to let the lick "breathe", E.G. don't play it evenly. Let some notes linger and some notes not, to see how moving around the beat can change the way such a structured lick can sound. smile.gif

In short, you just ....

!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!!
Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 30 2016, 08:57 AM) *

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 31 2016, 01:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
21 at ya!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2016, 11:48 AM
GREAT to see you back in the fight Soldier!!! I must say it's great to see that rare Ibby back in the fight as well!!! It's an awesome weapon of war to be sure. You wield it here with great authority and aggressive zeal. It's heart warming to see Soldier and Weapon working as one!!!

Let's Debrief...

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)So proud to see your muting get this good!! Not lifting at all. This one thing is something I really try to teach. You got it smile.gif

2.)Precise as a Scalpel. Nothing out of place, no lagging or rushing, just killer!

3.)CONTROL: No extra string noise, no unwanted notes and very even and deliberate pacing. Score!!!

In short, you really did KRUSH it!!!! There are tougher bits ahead and you are fast approaching our highest existing rank in bootcamp. Congrats smile.gif

You just.....

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 31 2016, 08:23 AM) *
21 at ya!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 1 2016, 12:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Quickfire shot at 22:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2016, 05:51 PM
WOW!! As I mentioned on your youtube page, This is impressive. Seriously impressive. Not one player in 1000 can do this lick properly in my experience. You nailed it. Left hand only, no pick, perfect right hand fretboard mute. Nice smile.gif

You have developed some really strong left hand finger technique which is critical to pull this off. At this point, picking is really just a tone choice. You can play pretty much any lick with just one hand smile.gif Congrats!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Welcome to the club Soldier!! It's a darn small club!!!! (Folks who can go pure "lefty")
2.)Pacing. Well done on pacing the lick. Keeping this lick evenly paced is not easy, and you did smile.gif
3.)Aggression. This lick goes well with a dose of ARRGGHH!! Well provided by our resident Viking.

In short, you just......

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 1 2016, 07:27 AM) *
Quickfire shot at 22:

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 1 2016, 05:54 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 2 2016, 04:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's 23. If you want it with a Metronome, I can do that too:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2016, 10:59 PM
That is some very fine playing to be sure! You make it look easy!! I can tell you are spot on with the timing just by listening. I would like to see you do a MULTI PICK version of it though smile.gif Dealers choice, double, triple or quad. Gotta keep you challenged!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 2 2016, 11:34 AM) *
Here's 23. If you want it with a Metronome, I can do that too:

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 3 2016, 11:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Quickfire from the hip at 23 with double strokes (and new camera test, as we talked about):

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 4 2016, 12:02 AM
First off, the video quality is SUPERB. The color, contrast, everything. It really shows off the wonderful color on the Axe that i keep wanting for myself smile.gif Frame rate is good too. I'd say use this as much as possible. Looks pro smile.gif On to the debrief!!!

WELL FOUGHT SOLDIER!! This lesson is all about fret travel. About being able to take a scale and run it up the neck while making it sound like you are not moving your hand.

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)TRAVELING: Nice fret travel! Not only traversing strings, but traveling up the fretboard in a very smooth and precise fashion.

2.)PICKING PRECISION!! No wasted movement, or effort. This is idea. No picking from the elbow either!!!!

3.)MUTING MADNESS: VERY good job muting on this as it's one of those licks that is prone to cause string noise. If you lift your mute you run the risk of sympathetic vibrations of the other strings. Very hard to teach this and twice as hard to learn generally smile.gif But you seem to have it down!!!

LEVELED UP!
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 3 2016, 06:35 PM) *
Quickfire from the hip at 23 with double strokes (and new camera test, as we talked about):

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 4 2016, 12:04 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 4 2016, 04:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
24 will be up soon, watch this space smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 4 2016, 04:43 PM
Learning Rock Star

Oops! In my excitement I forgot to edit out the focus square smile.gif And it's just a demo of the program, so there's a watermark.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:27 AM