Changed Computers For An Axe!
lauraconnell
Jul 23 2011, 01:33 AM
GMC:er
I've been in computers for many years, but the last 2 years I've been spending a great deal of time learning to play my ESP.
Metal is my preference, but I am still a beginner.
I used to play piano but only for a couple of years and learned to read music but not proficiently.
My husband Michael and I play together and fortunately we like the same songs so it helps to work together as some songs he plays the solo and I play rhythm. We're still learning though. I tell him as long as we continue to practice we can only get better. Love to be in this site to learn from the best!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
zen
Jul 23 2011, 01:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Welcome. You have the right mindset in terms of practising and getting better.
You'll be shredding in no time, if you stick to it. Cheers smile.gif

Which ESP do you have?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mike RR24
Jul 23 2011, 01:40 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (lauraconnell @ Jul 23 2011, 12:33 AM) *
I've been in computers for many years, but the last 2 years I've been spending a great deal of time learning to play my ESP.
Metal is my preference, but I am still a beginner.
I used to play piano but only for a couple of years and learned to read music but not proficiently.
My husband Michael and I play together and fortunately we like the same songs so it helps to work together as some songs he plays the solo and I play rhythm. We're still learning though. I tell him as long as we continue to practice we can only get better. Love to be in this site to learn from the best!

Thats awesome Honey. I'm glad your in. There are alot of really great good people here as you will see.
Were about to take our guitar playing to the next level !!! cool.gif

--------------------
Michael Connell - Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

Gear: Jackson Pro RR24.
Ibanez XPT700.
Mexican Fender Strat 2008 Model.
Marshall MA 100 Watt Head w/Crate Blackheart slanted cab 300 Watts.
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
THD Hotplate 16 Ohms.
BOSS BR-1600CD Home Studio
DigiTech GSP1101 Guitar Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech Control2 Remote Foot Controller
TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
Switch-3 Pedal for VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal

+Quote Post
lauraconnell
Jul 23 2011, 01:43 AM
QUOTE (zen @ Jul 23 2011, 12:37 AM) *
Welcome. You have the right mindset in terms of practising and getting better.
You'll be shredding in no time, if you stick to it. Cheers smile.gif

Which ESP do you have?

Thank you!
I have the ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black, without the FR.Love the sound, and my next one I am in between the Cemetery Gates (Dean) or Gibson SG.. still debating.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 23 2011, 01:58 AM
QUOTE (lauraconnell @ Jul 22 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Thank you!
I have the ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black, without the FR.Love the sound, and my next one I am in between the Cemetery Gates (Dean) or Gibson SG.. still debating.

Welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy your stay, I'm still pretty new myself and I love it here. That's a pretty hard choice to pick from they both are great guitars. Have you tried the Dean Dime guitar? Because if not try it I know they changed the neck shape on a few of the new models from a D to a V.

- Travis S.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
lauraconnell
Jul 23 2011, 02:09 AM

Thank you Travis. Already feel at home. I tried the Dime with the V neck, a little heavy and big but the graphics are too good. I know I shouldn't choose it by it's looks but there's always a next one. plus it is a heavy metal shredder..

+Quote Post
zen
Jul 23 2011, 02:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lauraconnell @ Jul 23 2011, 10:43 AM) *
Thank you!

Good choice. I got a 2 ESP's. Eclipse & Horizon. You can hear em on my channel if you want.
I'm not a fan of Dean Dimebag headstocks.

Both of you should record a cover or an original and post it. Just pick any easy song to start with. smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 23 2011, 02:32 AM
QUOTE (lauraconnell @ Jul 22 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Thank you Travis. Already feel at home. I tried the Dime with the V neck, a little heavy and big but the graphics are too good. I know I shouldn't choose it by it's looks but there's always a next one. plus it is a heavy metal shredder..

Oh I know. My Dime-O-Flame is in C tuning atm, until I get a 7 string then its going back to E. It was the first guitar I ever bought and never once regretted it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jul 23 2011, 08:37 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Lauraconnell,

Welcome to GMC. As I wrote to your husband, you guys will love this place. You have all the tools here to become a better player. Join the REC program, it's verry challenging and keeps you at full speed !!

All the best and good luck

Nico wink.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 23 2011, 11:00 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome guys, u will have no trouble moving forward with the help of this site... wink.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 23 2011, 12:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome! I'm lovin' metal lately as well.

+Quote Post
lauraconnell
Jul 23 2011, 10:10 PM
Nico,
The thought is thrilling and we're already getting ready to get Seek and Destroy recorded. Looking forward to hear comments on it so expect it soon. Thanks much!

Can't hear enough of it, best music on Earth! Thank you.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 24 2011, 05:22 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello and welcome to GMC Laura!

Great to hear your story. Playing music is so much fun when you can do it with some beside you.
Maybe we'll get to hear you in some of the future GMC collabs too? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 25 2011, 03:22 PM
Instructor
Awesome story, welcome to the site! smile.gif

I recommend Gibson SG, it's an awesome guitar, light, very comfortable to play, and with great Gibson tone.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 26 2011, 04:21 AM
Welcome to GMC. : )

Personally i would go SG, they feel good on of my fav guitar necks, and they survive in my hand ahah.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 5 2011, 10:40 AM
Instructor
Hey there! biggrin.gif you have come to the right place biggrin.gif GMC is PACKED with metal and I am very into it as well! I love dropped tunings and modern metal, so feel free to ask me anything you'd like to know or learn regarding guitar playing!

see you around!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 5 2011, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC smile.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 18 2011, 08:56 AM
Instructor
Cool man! Welcome to GMC. You will learn a lot of stuff here!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 18 2011, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Laura!! Nice decision! Welcome to the site and to the community! Enjoy it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 18 2011, 10:44 PM
Instructor
Laura came and went...a few months ago laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:08 AM