6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
I Gotta Let This Out...
dogman
Jan 31 2009, 04:10 AM
GMC:er
Well, I know that nothing anyone says isnt going to change the feelings

But as a semi old guy who's been around the block I can say that you wouldnt be a normal human being if you didnt feel that way at some point of your life.

I can speak from personal experience feeling like everyone's whipping boy and always got the short end of the stick at everything and was going nowhere with my life.

One day, I was lying in bed thinking how miserable my life is then it dawned on me that it is because I let it be that way and I let the things I couldnt control, control things I could.

I went to bed that night with a new outlook on how I was going to look at my life from that day foward and I still live by it today 20 years later.

I do the best I can with everything I do and that's all I can do. I treat people the way I would like to be treated. If I want something bad enough, I do what ever I need to do to work on getting it. If I have something to say I will say it (as tastefully as possible and well thought be before speaking) even if it is not what someone wants to hear as long as it's the truth or how I feel. No one is going to tell me I cant or hold me back from getting and doing the things that I want out of life. If I can help them along the way good deal. If not, I did the best I can and that's all I can do.

I finally realized that there will be people that just dont care or give a rats a** and there will be people that do. There will be mean people that suck and there will be people that honestly are decent people.

When you realize that you wont always be able to control everything that happens in your life then you can deal with them as they come and start taking control of the things you can change. Take 2 steps back and think then move 1 step forward, 1 day at a time.

The way you look at life and what you make of it is all that counts. Life is too short not to make the best of it and stress is not good for you.

Just my rant with my 2 cents

Dont give up bro. If you want to change it, YOU have to change it wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 31 2009, 04:20 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jan 30 2009, 09:50 PM) *
@Sken
You don't get it...It's not like, people influencing me to choose a path, it's like making a path to somewhere that doesn't exist, the path I wanna make, any path I wanna make, leads to uthopies...

So what you are saying is, you choose a path you want to take and you hit a wall at the end of that path? If you choose a nonexistent path, then that is where you need to rethink things a bit. You need to figure out a direction that is going to take you somewhere....

If you choose your path based on that, and it still leads to nowhere, then it's time for a new direction to get you where you want to go. We change direction every day, and need to evaluate what works and what don't.

What I want out of life, should be the ultimate question to yourself. Then decide on how to get it. If you find that one "path" is not working, then change directions but never give up on what you want! Keep pushing and trying different ways to succeed, but never ever give up!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Jan 31 2009, 04:22 AM
I don't know what to say really but there is always someone who is worse than you.

I'll be praying for you guys (Rated and OC) but I don't have a lot of advice, but I refuse to believe that depression s permanent or that there is no answer for problems, I absolutely refuse so I know that you will get through if you really try (not saying you havent tried.)

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 31 2009, 05:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I know you guys might not believe me because I'm only just a kid who is about to turn 14. Depression I know for a fact can hurt. About a year ago I noticed that I developed a habbit of worrying about what people think and getting way to attacked to people and then when someone walked out of my life it was hard. Last night for instance wasnt the best for me. I sat in my room for a while.....thinking......but then I realized.....life is worth living. No matter how good or how bad. I talked to my sister who in actuality had the same problem. Talking to someone you can trust really does help. Dont do anything stupid is really what I'm getting at guys. For myself at least talking on the forums seems like you get a sense of knowing who you are talking to. My sense is that you are two great guys that would seriously be missed around here.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 31 2009, 05:29 AM
Instructor
Guys try to find joy and happiness in life as much as you can. Life is too short to go trough it depressed. I mean reality is we all have to die someday sooner or later , the real question is how do you choose to live your life ?
I choose to be happy as much as possible, to do things I like and enjoy every day and to make people I care about feel happy and good.
At the end its all your choice - I choose to be happy smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jan 31 2009, 05:44 AM
Actually, he was pretty successful for the most part. He always took on a new challenge that was out of his immediate reach.

A better example would be U.S. Grant of the same period. Who at the beginning of 1861 was a drunk with a failed military career barely supporting his wife and kids, working in his father in law's horse harness shop. 3 Years later he was in command of the worlds greatest Army, and 4 years after that went on to be one of the worst presidents in our history. Then again he lost all his money in speculation, and got terminal cancer. BUT he managed to stay alive for long enough to write his memoirs, writing in pain most of the time, unable to talk towards the end. Finished a week before he died, and it sold about a million copies, so his family was taken care of. I really admire Grant, as much as Lincoln. He just was a great at command of an Army, and not very good at much else, other than having a great relationship with his wife and family. But that is not all bad. Sometimes a person has great talent, but needs the opportunity.

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jan 30 2009, 09:06 PM) *
These failures could not stop him, he kept moving forward. The following is a short list of his ups and downs and ups.

*1831 – Failed in business
1832 – Defeated for legislature
1833 – Again failed in business
1834 – Elected to legislature
1835 – Sweetheart died
1836 – Had a nervous breakdown
1838 – Defeated for speaker
1840 – Defeated for elector
1843 – Defeated for Congress
1846 – Elected for Congress
1848 – Defeated for Congress
1855 – Defeated for Senate
1856 – Defeated for Vice-President
1858 – Defeated for Senate
1860 – ELECTED PRESIDENT

this was abraham lincoln

bottom line is never give up, good things are gonna happen

He was defeated more times than he won, but that did not mean he was a failure. Remember, that failures are only permanent if we stop trying. I believe the only real failure is the failure not to move on.

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jan 30 2009, 11:18 PM) *
I know you guys might not believe me because I'm only just a kid who is about to turn 14. Depression I know for a fact can hurt. About a year ago I noticed that I developed a habbit of worrying about what people think and getting way to

Oh, if you are not getting good aerobic exercise workouts, I suggest that. Most you age do not. It really keeps you feeling pretty good. Go at high tilt for at least a half hour, on a tread mill, or an exercise bike, keeping you heart rate up the whole time. It hurts, but at your age, well I do it at my age, and If I can do it, as I say to my dog when he wants to drag on our walks, you can do it.

On a related note, there is evidence that high intensity exercise like this is great for the brain. There is an epidemic of people now losing mental faculties, even early senility. I just had a physical, and my good cholesterol is very high in the 80's. It has always been like that. 60 is considered good. And I read where there is evidence that this may serve to keep your brain function going well. So that may be the link. I am just pointing out that your issues may be no more than getting good exercise. I do it most days, never miss more than one day.

We all have problems. The issue is, are you going to let them get you down. I just believe physical activity really helps more than a lot of people realize. I mean aerobic. Take up Triathlon. That is a lot of fun, and a challenge.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 31 2009, 08:19 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jan 31 2009, 02:37 AM) *
My family doesn't know me...

All people I trusted prooved me unworthy of such privledge

What's a doctor gonna do different?

Words can't help anymore...

You seem not to like clichés, and all these are clichés. The situation is dire, but You accept it that way, as this is what You are thinking about it, what You have expected, this is the image of the world You see.

I was the same. I had no strive for living for two years in a row, than meet my love and forgot about all the pain. As I lost her, my "sorrowful exalted world" returned. All is in Your hands, that is the most painful thing.... Living in constant pain and darkness is a way of being safe, what can hurt You if You don't care about anything and accept as much pain as You will get? I know that anyone can change it, You "just" need to find the willingness to do it - I never found it.

But I know that it is unmature and won't lead anywhere. Once I almost died under a tram. I was looking at the tram going straight on me and thinking should I just stay there and die. At the last moment my body reacted on its own, and I was just touched by the edge of the tram, that didn't inflict any dire damage. Lesson - it isn't so easy to die, so better learn to live...

PS: sorry if it sounded too rude or harsh, I wanted to write it, and had no time to edit it for better "mood"...

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Jan 31 2009, 08:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 31 2009, 12:28 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 31 2009, 04:29 AM) *
Guys try to find joy and happiness in life as much as you can. Life is too short to go trough it depressed. I mean reality is we all have to die someday sooner or later , the real question is how do you choose to live your life ?
I choose to be happy as much as possible, to do things I like and enjoy every day and to make people I care about feel happy and good.
At the end its all your choice - I choose to be happy smile.gif

If it was a choice, I'd make it, but it's no on my hands to make that choice...

@Steve
It's no unhexistent...And It's not just a wall in the means of an obstacle you can pass, it's an obstacle you can't pass, not even with hard work, so I've learned in this life, it's like, it has a key to open it, and the key is given to two types of people: the ones who don't need it and the ones who, at my judgement, don't deserve it

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 31 2009, 12:34 PM
Instructor
Seems like you've been bit depressed
and that's in human nature I would say,
we all get into similar situation once in a while,
not matter what causes it.
Take a walk in the park, have a fresh air,
clear your mind, there are always good things in life. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 31 2009, 12:35 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 31 2009, 11:34 AM) *
Seems like you've been bit depressed
and that's in human nature I would say,
we all get into similar situation once in a while,
not matter what causes it.
Take a walk in the park, have a fresh air,
clear your mind, there are always good things in life. smile.gif

Never said that there aren't good things in life, only said I can't get them...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 31 2009, 12:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jan 31 2009, 12:35 PM) *
Never said that there aren't good things in life, only said I can't get them...

You have and you will, chin up. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 31 2009, 12:39 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 31 2009, 11:38 AM) *
You have and you will, chin up. wink.gif

Tired of trying to see the best of the situation, forcing a smile and acting like it can improve...

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Jan 31 2009, 12:39 PM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 31 2009, 12:39 PM
Nothing to do but chin up mate:D Get a girlfriend:D

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 31 2009, 12:40 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 31 2009, 11:39 AM) *
Nothing to do but chin up mate:D Get a girlfriend:D

Cliche...Talking like it's just like that...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 31 2009, 12:46 PM
Its all you can do, cliche or not.

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jan 31 2009, 12:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 31 2009, 12:52 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 31 2009, 11:46 AM) *
Its all you can do, cliche or not.

I don't want everything that I want to happen, I want one thing...ONE THING...Is that to much to ask?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 31 2009, 12:54 PM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jan 31 2009, 12:52 PM) *
I don't want everything that I want to happen, I want one thing...ONE THING...Is that to much to ask?

Really, calm down. Karma will get it's way!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 31 2009, 12:56 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 31 2009, 11:54 AM) *
Really, calm down. Karma will get it's way!

Been there, heard that...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 31 2009, 12:58 PM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jan 31 2009, 12:56 PM) *
Been there, heard that...

So whats your idea of what your gonna do? You have to start over sometime, you can be "depressed "all you want but its not gonna fix things.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 31 2009, 01:02 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 31 2009, 11:58 AM) *
So whats your idea of what your gonna do? You have to start over sometime, you can be "depressed "all you want but its not gonna fix things.

Trying something or getting up will only result back to this...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:12 PM