Discovering Guitarists Thread
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 28 2017, 04:36 PM
Instructor
Hello everybody! I've seen a post at the forum about a new guitarists and I was thinking that it would be cool to have a thread in which we share new guitarists that we discover and that we'd like to share.

My idea is to update this thread every time I find a guitarist that I find interesting and you can do the same here.

Let's create a big base of amazing guitarists.

I'll start with Julian Lage because I've been listening a lot to his music lately.

"Julian Lage (born December 25, 1987) is an American jazz guitarist and composer. In addition to leading his own group, Lage is a member of Gary Burton's New Quartet and Eric Harland's Voyager. He also has a duo project with Chris Eldridge.

Lage has played with such renowned artists as Jim Hall, Mark O'Connor, Ambrose Akinmusire, Dayna Stephens, Walter Smith III, Taylor Eigsti, Gary Burton, Eric Harland, Larry Grenadier, Fred Hersch, Béla Fleck, Antonio Sanchez, and Nels Cline, among others."

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Mertay
Jan 28 2017, 04:48 PM
GMC:er
Cool I'm adding this here too then smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry743665

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 28 2017, 05:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 28 2017, 12:48 PM) *

That's the thread that make me think on this Discovering Guitarists Thread. Thanks!

Adding the name of the guitarist and some info and/or link can make this thread catchier! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 29 2017, 03:06 AM
Man I love Lage's playing! biggrin.gif

Yvette Young is probably one of my favorites! Her playing is so busy yet the music is so chill!

Here's a full gig on Audiotree of her band.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 29 2017, 03:49 AM
Yup, she's awesome smile.gif Been following her for a few years now. I remember her first Strandberg! She is playing for Strandberg !@ Namm this year. She has come a long way smile.gif Her and Sarah Longfield are two killer gals that both play Strandbergs.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jan 28 2017, 10:06 PM) *
Man I love Lage's playing! biggrin.gif

Yvette Young is probably one of my favorites! Her playing is so busy yet the music is so chill!

Here's a full gig on Audiotree of her band.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 29 2017, 06:36 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 29 2017, 02:49 AM) *
Yup, she's awesome smile.gif Been following her for a few years now. I remember her first Strandberg! She is playing for Strandberg !@ Namm this year. She has come a long way smile.gif Her and Sarah Longfield are two killer gals that both play Strandbergs.

Yvette's custom Strandberg is gorgeous!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jan 29 2017, 06:37 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2017, 06:55 PM
She really is amazingly talented IMHO smile.gif Sorta like Sarah Longfield, they both designed the graphics on their respective guitars.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jan 29 2017, 01:36 AM) *
Yvette's custom Strandberg is gorgeous!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2017, 11:18 PM
Instructor
Beautiful guitar and playing! I can hear some Chon in her playing. It's complex but even very musical. I'll explore her more. Thanks for sharing!

We've talked about Nick Johnston at the forum, but he deserves to be here:

https://nickjohnstonmusic.com/

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 8 2017, 05:35 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2017, 09:12 PM
Instructor
This is today's recommendation: Mateus Asato.

He is from Brazil, he is very young, and his playing is so inspiring. Check him out!

In this video you'll also find other two great ones.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 3 2017, 06:54 AM
I was watching some Nick's videos while he was performing at NAMM, and all i can see is a man slowly morphing into the bastard son of Guthrie Govan laugh.gif laugh.gif

Another great player from Brazil (Dunno what they drink over there ph34r.gif) she plays in the same vibe as Mateus.
Is Lari Basilio.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2017, 04:43 AM
Instructor
I agree with both things! About Nick and also about Lari. Great addition!

I think that this recent jam is a good excuse to introduce Mark Lettieri into this thread:

http://www.marklettieri.com/

Enjoy his music:

You can also listen to him playing in Snarky Puppy, and with Erykah Badu.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2017, 05:32 PM
Instructor
Ok, so Mark didn't have a big impact in you.

Let's see what happens with this one!

Sean Ashe - https://www.seanashemusic.com/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 8 2017, 05:43 PM
Oh i missed the thread update.

I am actually podering buying tickets to Snarky Puppy's show, they are comming here this April! But didn't know Mark Lettieri work. Thx for the share.

Sean is awesome been listening to his stuff for a while!

Here the new album of another awesome guitarist Owane, I think from what i'v seen of his youtube clips, also records/plays the piano lines.
He's doing in the sames vibes of Sean, Plini, etc.
I think Sean even plays a solo guest on a track of his previous album.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Feb 8 2017, 05:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2017, 01:12 AM
Instructor
I like it mate, thanks for the links!

Now it's time for Plini

He was recently recommended by Steve Vai so if you respect Vai, don't miss this amazing new guitarist.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 14 2017, 08:45 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome guitarists here!

One of my favorites from the "new guys" is Claudio Pietronik

I really dig the new Latin american guys/gals - but I also like slightly more distortion to get that violin type of tone, thats so typical to the electric guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2017, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Cool entry Kris! I've read his name many times but I haven't checked his music. This song is so expressive. I love how melodic and epic it sounds even when he is shredding.

It's really cool to see how the world is putting attention into latin american guitarists. This is mostly happening with Brazilian musicians. Music is SO important in Brasil. I've been there at the end of 2016, and you will find live music at EVERY bar and restaurant. And this music is always related to their own music roots. They love their country, their history, their music, and it's reflected even when they dedicate to other styles like rock, metal, and off course fusion. This is why they highlight in the guitar world too. Their roots are what makes them unique related to other countries guitarists and that's why they sound fresh.

This can be also related to bands like Sepultura and Angra. And that's why they could become so big in the whole world!

So as we are talking about this country, I'd like to introduce here an instrumental project. It's not a solo guitarist but it guitar related music, and as we are in topic (latin guitarists).

Check out Maccaco Bong from Mato Grosso, Brasil!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 15 2017, 05:08 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 15 2017, 01:15 PM) *
Check out Maccaco Bong from Mato Grosso, Brasil!

That's awesome! Already have it on repeat biggrin.gif

Here's one band from the lands of France, in similar vein of Macaco Bong. Kinda less aggressive, but still groovy.

Totorro

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Feb 15 2017, 05:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 16 2017, 11:56 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I already mentioned Juliette Jade in a post the other day, she is an amazing player with loads of feeling in her solos, here's a extract from her latest album "Terrarium"

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2017, 02:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Feb 15 2017, 01:08 PM) *
That's awesome! Already have it on repeat biggrin.gif

Here's one band from the lands of France, in similar vein of Macaco Bong. Kinda less aggressive, but still groovy.

Totorro

I'm really digging Totorro! I can note a similar feel with Macaco Bong. Thanks a lot for recommending!

I think that this one will sound familiar here: Andre Nieri

but... isn't he amazing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2017, 01:48 AM
Instructor
Hey guys!

This is not a new one, but surely many of you missed him. His name is Joe Holmes, and he replaced Zakk Wylde with Ozzy in 2005.

Check out his newest band's album teaser...

Born in New Jersey and raised in Los Angeles, Holmes took lessons from guitarist Randy Rhoads in 1979. Holmes formed Terriff in 1983 but left to join Lizzy Borden in 1987, appearing on the Visual Lies album. He left Lizzy Borden in 1988 and reformed Terriff, staying with the latter group until 1990.

Did you know Joe?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:02 PM