I Can't Catch A Break..
Sabbz
Sep 30 2011, 03:27 AM
GMC:er
Back in May, my wife and I were in a very bad wreck. A tractor trailer made an illegal right turn from the left lane right in front of us and I barely had time to hit the brakes. I plowed right into the side of the guy. Well that completely boned my back. As if it weren't already that way. I went through 3 months of physical therapy and chiropractors visits. And that didn't solve the problem, so after all the back surgeries I've had, 4 in all, I requested an MRI. So my pain management doc sent me to get one. As I suspected, I have another ruptured disc that's pinching a nerve. Causes severe pain in my lower back, pain down my right leg, and my right leg randomly goes dead. So I finally talked to my neurosurgeon this afternoon and he gave me the bad news. I'm going to have back surgery #5.

This time though, they're fusing the vertebra. I'm so not looking forward to this. Doc said they're going to go in, take the disc completely out, take a hunk of bone, either from a cadaver, or from my hip, insert it between the vertebra, and ratchet that in place with screws and rods. Ultimately, I have no earthly idea yet how this is going to affect my guitar playing. I'm sure I'll still be able to play acoustic. I just hope I can still manage the electric. This time around though, I'm keeping my gear until after the surgery, regardless of what the doc says. Last time I went through this, a different doc did thoracic spine surgery and told me I'd never play electric again, so I sold all my gear. All that stuff that's listed in my signature, went bye-bye and to this day I still miss my gear.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:17 PM