New Recruit Here:, Hello all. It's good to be here
Tharn
Jul 4 2013, 03:09 AM
GMC:er
Hello everyone!
I happened upon GMC one night while browsing the net- Im glad I did.
i have been playing for about 20 years- More seriously the past 12 years-
I just love this place! I joined up mostly because I want to be able to utilize my pinky
during leads-
i have limited myself with 3 fingers for far too long-
I have to take a break for a few days because I have 2 gigs this weekend
In this short time(5 days or so)- My pinky is starting to go where my ring finger always went but
Im still in between and Im not solid enough for consistency.
It's amazing how the right lessons can move you ahead so fast-
So many great guitar players around here- I know this will make me a smarter and better player.
And everyone is cool too- nice combo.
my current gear is a Les Paul Standard with a SD-George Lynch PU in the bridge/Gibson in the neck.
A Peavey Signature 24 fret -
A Carvin AE 185 guitar
Yamaha 12 string acoustic/ Dean 6 string Acoustic
B 52 100 watt tube amp head 2 2x12 ear candy speakers.(for larger venues)
A Fender mustang 3-100 watt combo solid state( for everything else)
I Am Stoked about joining this community and I am sure I'm not the only one that wishes they had
this when they started.
Hope to get to know as many of the community as i can-
take care.
Tharn

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blister
Jul 4 2013, 04:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Tharn & welcome to GMC! smile.gif GMC is the most addictive guitar site on the net. Great intro but I think the only thing you left out are your favorite bands/guitarists? Great gear btw!

Gary

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2013, 04:44 AM
Instructor
Hi Tharn! Welcome to GMC! Good gear there! I'm curious about your band/project. What style do you play? Do you have some audio or videos to share?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jul 4 2013, 06:56 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Tharn and welcome !

+Quote Post
Tharn
Jul 4 2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks gents, Like most players - Jimmy Page made me want to play- but from the zep 3 album- i was a late starter and acoustic is what i started with because I sang- but over the years I've been lucky enough to meet and play with alot of different people - at first doing originals- ( main reason why I never worked on my pinky for leads-) *smacks head* but the creative process was the trade off I suppose.
My current band is a 3 piece that plays classic rock and dance rock covers. it's what gets you gigs around these parts as there are lots of winery's.
Favorite bands- Rush/Alice in Chains -The Who-The Cult-way too many to list
My favorite guitar players- hmm- well - J.Page , Michael Schenker(I love UFO) Danny Gatton-Stevie Ray V. But I have to say I enjoy listening to these guys because of what they play during the song they play in- All I have to do to be amazed and inspired for pure guitar virtuosity is come here now-- The original studio cds i am on are not purely guitar compositions- and other stuff Ive recorded at home are covers so copyright might be infringed if i upload-I Appreciate the interest, though.
If any of you are in the North East Ohio area- stop by -I make some seriously tasty home brewed beer.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 4 2013, 08:27 AM
Instructor
Hey Tharn! Wellcome to the family smile.gif Seems like we both play guitar for a similar time period smile.gif 3 fingers playing is sort of blues based habbit. To be honest it work well for some known players but as usuall - there is nothing that can stop us from improving our playing. There are some cool pinky workouts in the lessons. Enjoy Your time a ta GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jul 4 2013, 08:35 AM
Theory Instructor
Welcome aboard, great to have you here!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2013, 10:54 AM
Welcome!! smile.gif You have come to the right place. I too suffered with "3 Finger Syndrome" for many years and had to really work to get over it. The good news is, we have tons of pinky work here!!! smile.gif We do pinky workouts nearly every weekend in video chat so please do stop by!

Todd

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2013, 12:45 PM
Instructor
Hello and welcome to GMC man! Fellow Alice in Chains fan here biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tharn
Jul 4 2013, 03:59 PM
Right on! The pinky workouts are the first thing I ran too... and in between I watched you guys playing on the more advanced techniques...
What an inspiration-- !!!
I can kick myself for not mentioning first favorite guitar player - As I enjoyed his sound long before I ever picked up a guitar-
Mick Ronson from (Bowie/Ian Hunter) days...

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jul 5 2013, 06:46 PM
Welcome Tharn ...great gear you got there ! You mentioned UFO and michael Schenker wich is my favourite music since a long time..
The Schenk isn't much of a pinky player also ... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Jul 5 2013, 09:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Tharn!
Great to have u here!
Very welcome biggrin.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 6 2013, 03:08 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2013, 08:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tharn @ Jul 4 2013, 04:07 AM) *
Thanks gents, Like most players - Jimmy Page made me want to play- but from the zep 3 album- i was a late starter and acoustic is what i started with because I sang- but over the years I've been lucky enough to meet and play with alot of different people - at first doing originals- ( main reason why I never worked on my pinky for leads-) *smacks head* but the creative process was the trade off I suppose.
My current band is a 3 piece that plays classic rock and dance rock covers. it's what gets you gigs around these parts as there are lots of winery's.
Favorite bands- Rush/Alice in Chains -The Who-The Cult-way too many to list
My favorite guitar players- hmm- well - J.Page , Michael Schenker(I love UFO) Danny Gatton-Stevie Ray V. But I have to say I enjoy listening to these guys because of what they play during the song they play in- All I have to do to be amazed and inspired for pure guitar virtuosity is come here now-- The original studio cds i am on are not purely guitar compositions- and other stuff Ive recorded at home are covers so copyright might be infringed if i upload-I Appreciate the interest, though.
If any of you are in the North East Ohio area- stop by -I make some seriously tasty home brewed beer.

Very cool influences man! I really like most of those guitar players and bands... I think that every guitarist who plays and loves rock, must enjoy those great musicians.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 7 2013, 02:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome! i can certainly say this place has helped me utilize my pinky a whole lot more.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:54 PM