Usb Audio Interface Warning, USB 1.1 Interfaces
PosterBoy
Jan 29 2013, 09:17 AM
Learning Roadie
Just in case anyone else suffers the panic and crisis I went through last night with my newly built pc and my M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

I had a horrible distorted playback sound from my Ez drummer in Reaper.

I tried an Mp3 using VLC for playback and the same playback was horribly distorted.

Tried looking for bios settings and device settings like latency, no luck there.

Tried the front panel USB port and all was fine.

What was the difference you may ask?

Rear USB ports are USB 3, front panel port USB 2

Some USB 1.1 Audio interfaces are not compatible with USB 3 (NO M-AUDIO USB1.1 INTERFACES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH USB 3)

Luckily the 'keyboard and mouse' Usb ports at the back are USB 2 so I can still plug it in at the back and keep the wiring tidy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 29 2013, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Have the same problem with E-MU 0404 USB 1.1 ,wont work with Windows 7 and USB 2 & 3 ! There is no tech support or it will be ,I tried to install some beta drivers, but still freezes often or system doesn't recognize it !Totally unprofessional from a company that is well known on the market !!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 29 2013, 11:21 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
If you can try to power the USB devices direct and not via the pc as a bus powered device.
The USB 3 specifications state that it is backward compatable with USB 2 but I'm afraid that there's no mention of compatability with 1.1. If a USB2 device doesn't function properly on 3 then the issue probably is with the 3rd party manufacturer (i.e. M-Audio and EMU) for not implementing the USB specs properly.

M-Audio know this is an issue:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=suppor...debc7aaa49eba80

But I couldn't find anything from E-MU.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 29 2013, 01:59 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 29 2013, 04:02 AM) *
Have the same problem with E-MU 0404 USB 1.1 ,wont work with Windows 7 and USB 2 & 3 ! There is no tech support or it will be ,I tried to install some beta drivers, but still freezes often or system doesn't recognize it !Totally unprofessional from a company that is well known on the market !!!

Have you tried this Sinisa?

http://www.avisoft.com/E-MU%200404%20Installation.pdf

..or is the problem that you can't get it installed at all to even get to this point?

This post has been edited by mroberts70: Jan 29 2013, 02:00 PM

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
VikingBlues
Jan 29 2013, 02:49 PM
I well recall having an interface for guitar that worked with my Windows Vista laptop. Then one sunny morning it stopped working - I think there had been a O/S update. No amount of installing new drivers and the usual solutions helped. It still worked with an old XP machine.

The same Vista laptop also decided to stop working with a HomePlug networking device. That device worked still with all the other computers in the house that weren't Vista. Had to get a newer version of the HomePlug - that worked fine straight out of the box.

Nice when Microsoft force you to upgrade equipment when you've not even bought a new computer. mad.gif

--------------------
Still learning guitar - always will be learning.

My Soundclick

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 29 2013, 03:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 29 2013, 01:59 PM) *
Have you tried this Sinisa?

http://www.avisoft.com/E-MU%200404%20Installation.pdf

..or is the problem that you can't get it installed at all to even get to this point?

I tried install- uninstall several times, and installation goes smoothly every time,that's not a problem. Recording with DAW also pass without problem, but the problems stats when I restart DAW - NO SOUND CARD AVAILABLE so i must restart system !!? When trying to start any MP3 player- the same thing, if I'm trying to watch YT and jam along with Amplitube - system freezes ! So isn't worth bothering about biggrin.gif !

We have already talked about it somewhere here- most of the Pro and semiPro cards is not designed for multi-purpose at the same time, and that's what I hate ! A lousy 10$ Creative Audigy with ASIO driver have such possibility man, to turn On each media player + DAW, at a same time, without any latency and interference between ! Luckily I have two more sound cards so...case closed ! laugh.gif

Thanks for a link, maybe in the future !!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MHD Pickups
Feb 4 2013, 11:56 PM
I have the old Guitar port which I love an it will not work with my mac book pro which is USB 3 so yeah kind of a bummert. I had to go and get and M Audio which i still have no clue how to use.

--------------------
http://mhd-pickups.com/

https://www.facebook.com/mhd.pickups

DC DOES NOT EQUAL OUTPUT. Dc is a resistance value and that is all. It WILL NOT tell you what it will sound like, it WILL NOT make you sound like another player.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:19 PM