Cool Volume Pedal?
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 10 2011, 10:41 PM
GMC:er
hey guys i am looking for a cool volume pedal, I DON'T want those volume pedals that have X things that i am gonna end up not using biggrin.gif just a simple volume pedal.

Been aiming on this one http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/MORLEY...-GIT0019132-000
but please share some others biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 11 2011, 12:31 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
I use an Ernie Ball volume pedal, Mine is older and only has 1 input and 1 output. I have had mine for probably 15 years and it still works great , very durable and heavy so it doesnt slide around on you when you use it. It looks like they are still made of the same material judging from the pictures on the website. I think its a heavy aluminum.

http://www.ernieball.com/products/category...-Volume-Pedals#

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 11 2011, 01:07 AM
Instructor
hey richard, do those volume pedal suck the tone somehow, i guess they are "on" all the time so your signal is actually going thru them all the time, is it a true bypass? or maybe you don't need that with passive volume pedals?

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2011, 04:56 AM
Instructor
Ernie Ball volume pedals seem to be the best ones, I also tried Boss and they are good. I heard good things about Morley but I've never tried one.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 11 2011, 06:55 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
unsure.gif
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Oct 11 2011, 12:07 AM) *
hey richard, do those volume pedal suck the tone somehow, i guess they are "on" all the time so your signal is actually going thru them all the time, is it a true bypass? or maybe you don't need that with passive volume pedals?

You know thats a good question Adrian, I bought it so long ago that is something I had'nt considered. And when I was looking at the new ones I was wondering what was meant by a"passive volume pedal". As far as sucking tone I am not sure,I actually have'nt really used it too much lately so I am going to have to dust it off and play around with it a bit to check that out and see if I get what you mean by that ,so let me get back to you on that one unsure.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 11 2011, 09:07 AM
GMC:er
ty i'll have to check ernie's stuff then tongue.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2011, 04:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Oct 11 2011, 05:07 AM) *
ty i'll have to check ernie's stuff then tongue.gif

do it! they have awesome stuff.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 11 2011, 04:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 11 2011, 10:41 AM) *
do it! they have awesome stuff.

But check what i'm talking about first, you don't want a pedal that's always on and that's always sucking tone on your signal, be careful!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 11 2011, 06:11 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 11 2011, 05:55 AM) *
unsure.gif

You know thats a good question Adrian, I bought it so long ago that is something I had'nt considered. And when I was looking at the new ones I was wondering what was meant by a"passive volume pedal". As far as sucking tone I am not sure,I actually have'nt really used it too much lately so I am going to have to dust it off and play around with it a bit to check that out and see if I get what you mean by that ,so let me get back to you on that one unsure.gif

Ok here is the follow up , I dug out the volume pedal this morning and went back and forth using the volume pedal inline between my guitar and practice amp, and then taking it out and going direct to the amp and just using my volume knob on the guitar and I couldnt see any differance in tone, the volume pedal seems to work the same as the volume knob on my guitar.
Here is a pic of the volume pedal I have.

[attachment=25073:Picture_1.jpg]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:18 AM