Canon D
Ryan
May 24 2007, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
im gonna attempt it biggrin.gif, and see how it goes..i alrdy got the beginning down...the second part is harder for me lol...but has anybody else attempte dhtis song?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
May 24 2007, 12:31 AM
cool, but the problem is that i cant try to play this song cuz i don t understand how to play the very beginning without the sound of the pick! How do you do that??lol

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 24 2007, 12:44 AM
umm...idk....hmmm lol...im not sure what your trying to say
and also I GOT PAST HTE FIRST PART..biggrin.gif with eh powerchods and evertyhing.i now i jsut need the rythem donw..i mess up on the second , 5 5 muting...i fyou know what im talking about biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ryan: May 24 2007, 12:46 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 24 2007, 12:47 AM
i m talking about the beginnig of the song, when it sounds like violin, you see?^^

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 24 2007, 12:53 AM
um lol..thats because it is violin...lol..the song Canon D..was composed by Pacabela, and is an orchestra song, but was rearranged by some dude idk who.a.nd put onto the guitar...just watch some videos on youtube biggrin.gif it wil help

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 24 2007, 01:01 AM
lol i know its violin, but look the beginning of this video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVzSDKSxNFQ(at 21 seconds to 30 seconds) his guitar sounds like violin, and we dont hear the sound of the pick, lol, dont know if you understand what i mean^^

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 24 2007, 01:05 AM
I know what your saying but i dont know how to explain it...lol...maybe you are just picking 2 hard...or something...im not for real sure

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
May 24 2007, 01:08 AM
aa lool okay^^ i ll try to do it whith another pick, ...i think the one i use is to thick^^lol

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 24 2007, 01:18 AM
k biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
May 24 2007, 01:39 AM
I dont think the pick sound really matters, and when I do it you barely hear the pick unless you want to use a synth effect for the violin and pick softly or with the very tip. I like this song, the hard parts for me are the sweeps, still working on those, other than that just keep at it, and get the timing down.

Fun song to play.

PreOwnedGuitar

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
May 24 2007, 01:52 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (preownedguitar @ May 24 2007, 02:39 AM) *
I dont think the pick sound really matters, and when I do it you barely hear the pick unless you want to use a synth effect for the violin and pick softly or with the very tip. I like this song, the hard parts for me are the sweeps, still working on those, other than that just keep at it, and get the timing down.

Fun song to play.

PreOwnedGuitar

I think you have to use your volume knob. Turn it down on the beginning than pick the note and raise up your volume knob. I think this is the best way to play this first part. Watch the canon D cover from funtwo he does this in his version.

I hope you understand what i meant.

Edguy

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Gen
May 24 2007, 02:43 AM
yes i understand, thx, i m gonna try^^

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 24 2007, 05:57 AM
this brings up a lesson idea...we need some classical lessons biggrin.gif, not neoclassical but just classical like Canon biggrin.gif, that would be cool, well i think so anyways

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 24 2007, 08:42 AM
Lets go fishing!
I like this song alot. But im going to wait untill all my techniques are fully mastered before attempting it wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 24 2007, 05:37 PM
dont wait mattuck biggrin.gif, just try so what if you cant get it....it will help you with yoru technqiues..and also..its fun biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RodneyU
May 24 2007, 06:41 PM
QUOTE (edguy @ May 23 2007, 08:52 PM) *
I think you have to use your volume knob. Turn it down on the beginning than pick the note and raise up your volume knob. I think this is the best way to play this first part. Watch the canon D cover from funtwo he does this in his version.

I hope you understand what i meant.

Edguy

Yea that's it. It's a volume swell. If you have a volume pedal that would work as well.

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 25 2007, 01:08 AM
hey does anyone know where a perfect tab is at..because the 1 i got..is messed..up in places sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 25 2007, 02:16 AM
The Dark Canuck
Hey guys,

Check this out not sure if someone else here posted this or if I got it in email but it's freaking hilarious how many songs sound like Canon D. It's kinda long but funny.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 25 2007, 02:18 AM
o yea..i have heard this before hhahaha its hilarious biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 25 2007, 11:54 AM
Lets go fishing!
I must admit, i have a thing for alternate picking anything classical on rock guitar! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:53 PM