+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Apr 13 2019, 03:59 AM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

The B stuff is always the right price, especially used. Wads of folks use that stuff, though few folks will admit it smile.gif Despite having some fine quality products, there is still a very negative connotation that follows that brand around for some reason.
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 12 2019, 03:21 PM) *
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
post Apr 13 2019, 02:11 PM
Post #3

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.225

I think with their acquisition of Midas and bringing out the X range of mixers the reputation is somewhat changing but it might take awhile to get to guitarist. I had no idea of the size or history of them though

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Apr 13 2019, 02:14 PM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Ax8
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Apr 13 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #4

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I agree smile.gif The line of what came out of the midas merge is all great stuff imho. They keep buying companies and increasing the quality of their gear. The bad rep they have seems to be hard to shake among many gear nuts. Despite the fact that they now have some very nice gear. They are a huge company who runs BEHRINGER CITY in China. They did have some really bad gear in the old days, it seems folks are slow to change views that get entrenched. Then again, I was also just replying to another post about folks in a chat saying things like "my tube amp kills the kemper profile version of my tube amp". It seems that gear falls victim to the same problems as religion and politics. People buy in to a given view and no amount of evidence to the contrary can change them. This is not everyone of course, but a good size chunk of folks it seems. I'm glad that they are stuck over at 7string.org smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 13 2019, 09:11 AM) *
I think with their acquisition of Midas and bringing out the X range of mixers the reputation is somewhat changing but it might take awhile to get to guitarist. I had no idea of the size or history of them though

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2019 - 11:00 PM