New Guitar
Nick325
May 12 2008, 09:22 PM
GMC:er
Im going to be getting a new guitar soon and ive narrowed it down to either and epiphone les paul standard or an ibanez rg350dx. any suggestions or opinoins? im going to try them out before i buy one or check out any others that apeal to me. im in the 400-500 $ range.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Old School Rocke...
May 12 2008, 09:31 PM
BC Rich makes some damn fine guitars for a reletavely good price, and they sound pretty damn good too. I've got a MockingBird Masterpiece, And it was in your desired price range, although im thinkin of a LP Studio once i save up some dough, but thats beside the point tongue.gif .

So my suggestion is BC Rich try one out at a dealership if you can.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
May 12 2008, 09:32 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
In that range (500$) I'd recommend the epiphone LP custom over the standard, they sound really good and are really good value for the buck in that range.

As for the Ibanez, I don't know much about them, might be a great buy too, but not sure.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 12 2008, 09:36 PM
Instructor
LTD nice choice also

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 12 2008, 11:29 PM
Instructor
Well it's a matter of your choice really. Ibanez is a modern guitar, modern sounding, LP is trying to nail the good ol' Gibson LP sound, so it's really comes down to your preferences. I would check both of them parallel in store - then you can get a clearer picture what you want. I would go for Epi LP if it is a good piece btw.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: May 12 2008, 11:29 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nermin
May 12 2008, 11:31 PM
I was at guitar center on Friday and spend few hours trying diffrent guitars in your price range. I played some PRS SE, Schecter models and Epiphone LP. To me Epiphone LP was a clear winer. Those guitars have really good sustain, fat tone. IF you want to Les Paul tone but dont want to spend fortune Epiphone is great choice. I am also looking to pick one up soon. But make sure you get the LP standard Plus or Custom, dont go for the cheap models in the 200-300 range. The mid range is a good bet.

--------------------
Some ideas i have recorded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtXfVNlklX0...feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd7_ce2j_Ys

My Gear
American Fender Strat HSS
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Larrivee D03R Acoustic Guitar

Effects
Cry Baby Wah Wah pedal
Boss TU2 Tuner

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
May 13 2008, 12:10 AM
QUOTE (Fran @ May 12 2008, 04:32 PM) *
In that range (500$) I'd recommend the epiphone LP custom over the standard, they sound really good and are really good value for the buck in that range.

As for the Ibanez, I don't know much about them, might be a great buy too, but not sure.

+1 i like the tone and look of the custom a hell of a lot more smile.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:30 PM