> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Metal Rhythm Collaboration
VilleFIN
Sep 5 2011, 11:57 AM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 3 2011, 12:07 PM) *
Hey guys! How are you faring so far? biggrin.gif can't wait to hear your takes!

Lets say about 67 % done wink.gif. I have to rec few riffs and bassline (which is already in my head ready)
So next week it's done.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 5 2011, 02:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 5 2011, 12:54 AM) *
I haven't had my coffee yet and I was looking pretty dazzled at the fact that you managed to break a 68 biggrin.gif

I was just as surprised as you. I couldn't believe it. It snapped at the nut and and hung on by the threads. I had S.I.T. strings installed - actually part of an 8 string set. The guitar shop ordered them for me. I had asked for GHS Baritone 70s, but I see now why they installed 68s. You can barely pull the thing outta the tuning peg. ohmy.gif I hope I can get a baritone guitar & 7 String one of these days. haha

I'm thinking it was cheapy strings...maybe. Do you know a 14-68 set I can buy that is a good string set? I'll just get a regular set of 14s instead of the set from that 8 string package. Is D'Addario a good brand? I couldn't find GHS strings the gauge I want.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2011, 02:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 5 2011, 01:15 PM) *
I was just as surprised as you. I couldn't believe it. It snapped at the nut and and hung on by the threads. I had S.I.T. strings installed - actually part of an 8 string set. The guitar shop ordered them for me. I had asked for GHS Baritone 70s, but I see now why they installed 68s. You can barely pull the thing outta the tuning peg. ohmy.gif I hope I can get a baritone guitar & 7 String one of these days. haha

I'm thinking it was cheapy strings...maybe. Do you know a 14-68 set I can buy that is a good string set? I'll just get a regular set of 14s instead of the set from that 8 string package. Is D'Addario a good brand? I couldn't find GHS strings the gauge I want.

Mate, I have 14 - 68 Elixirs on my baritone and I haven't changed them since march smile.gif they still sound fresh enough - have a go with those and let me know wink.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 7 2011, 03:47 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 5 2011, 08:39 AM) *
Mate, I have 14 - 68 Elixirs on my baritone and I haven't changed them since march smile.gif they still sound fresh enough - have a go with those and let me know wink.gif

Wow! I certainly will. I got some S.I.T. ones again today because I was desperate. They had them in stock and I just couldn't wait any longer. I had to rock low!!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 12 2011, 02:29 PM
Tone Seeker
Hi Cos !

Here's my entry.

I slipped from A minor in the end and added some notes from F# scale. Hope it's ok ?
And do you need guitar and bass tracks separated like in other collabs ?

-Ville-

This post has been edited by WeePee: Sep 12 2011, 03:19 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Metal_Rhythm_Collaboration_2011.mp3 ( 4.85MB ) Number of downloads: 138

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 14 2011, 09:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Wait, so I am I understanding correctly that we can play in Drop A? So that means this is to be in the key of A?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 14 2011, 11:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 14 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Wait, so I am I understanding correctly that we can play in Drop A? So that means this is to be in the key of A?

It has to be in the key of A minor, so yes you can play in drop A biggrin.gif at least that's what I ll do tongue.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 14 2011, 11:44 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 14 2011, 05:10 PM) *
It has to be in the key of A minor, so yes you can play in drop A biggrin.gif at least that's what I ll do tongue.gif

K. I'm really scarce for ideas here. I have some, but they just don't pop to me.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 15 2011, 08:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Sep 12 2011, 01:29 PM) *
Hi Cos !

Here's my entry.

I slipped from A minor in the end and added some notes from F# scale. Hope it's ok ?
And do you need guitar and bass tracks separated like in other collabs ?

-Ville-

Yeahahahaha biggrin.gif just managed to give this a listen! AWESOME DUDE! biggrin.gif very very good! I like the variations and the melodies you came up with! Can't wait to mix this up!

+Quote Post
JadGh
Sep 16 2011, 05:23 PM
GMC:er
Hey Cozzy,

Giving the fact that i only knew about the collab yesterday and had only today to compose, here's my take! as i told you, i'll be doing the oriental stuff!

not my best tone for sure but i have to go for family time sad.gif

let me know what you think man and hopefully next time i'll have more time to be more creative biggrin.gif

Cheers

Jad

This post has been edited by JadGh: Sep 16 2011, 05:24 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Cosmin_Collab.mp3 ( 3.24MB ) Number of downloads: 131

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 16 2011, 09:20 PM
Learning Roadie
COSMIN!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Good news! I'm finally on a roll! After watching a Meshuggah lesson on YouTube, it got me thinking. What if I do something that's of course in 4/4 time, but has an odd feel. So I did it!! It clicked! I never have done odd time in a song before. smile.gif But now I am starting to grasp it. I am very happy with what I have so far. smile.gif smile.gif Now all the lines are coming to me. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 17 2011, 05:15 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Jad, awesome take!
I just read that you are open to other styles as well Cosmin...I've got a cool idea that I will record tomorrow, including video. This is gonna be fun!
Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 17 2011, 09:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Cosmin! I have uploaded my audio take to Sound Cloud. I will get to work on my video very soon. smile.gif I hope you will enjoy. cool.gif

Just click the little down arrow to download it. wink.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 18 2011, 02:26 AM
Learning Roadie
Cosmin,

I just occurred to me that you may need the track without the drums. So you can download that from RapidShare.

I think I could have backed off the distortion a bit, but that's okay I guess. I'm gonna write some of my own drum patterns and re-record with lower distortion to make this my own song some day. biggrin.gif Thanks for this collab, you helped me write a song. smile.gif

Brandon

This post has been edited by thefireball: Sep 18 2011, 02:28 AM

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 18 2011, 06:35 AM
Tone Seeker
Hey Brandon very nice entry. I like the part from 0:27.

This post has been edited by WeePee: Sep 18 2011, 06:36 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 18 2011, 03:02 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (WeePee @ Sep 18 2011, 12:35 AM) *
Hey Brandon very nice entry. I like the part from 0:27.

Thanks smile.gif You had a cool entry too. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2011, 11:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JadGh @ Sep 16 2011, 04:23 PM) *
Hey Cozzy,

Giving the fact that i only knew about the collab yesterday and had only today to compose, here's my take! as i told you, i'll be doing the oriental stuff!

not my best tone for sure but i have to go for family time sad.gif

let me know what you think man and hopefully next time i'll have more time to be more creative biggrin.gif

Cheers

Jad

Hey Jad! Very nice mate biggrin.gif I like what you've done with it, I see you harmonized some parts, you diversified the riffs, all in all, it has all the spices necessary biggrin.gif good work!

QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 18 2011, 01:26 AM) *
Cosmin,

I just occurred to me that you may need the track without the drums. So you can download that from RapidShare.

I think I could have backed off the distortion a bit, but that's okay I guess. I'm gonna write some of my own drum patterns and re-record with lower distortion to make this my own song some day. biggrin.gif Thanks for this collab, you helped me write a song. smile.gif

Brandon

Wahaa biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif low down dirty riffing! I love it mate! This collab will rock!

Hey everyone! Tomorrow is the deadline for this one! tongue.gif I will be starting to gather all the materials and I'll try to act swift with this one so we'll have it fast smile.gif

Let's see what you got!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 19 2011, 06:28 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cosmin, I just came home from work and I'm somehow to tired to record a great take with a cool video today. Is it okay to record my take tomorrow evening? It should be up just before Ben's chat tomorrow!

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2011, 06:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 19 2011, 05:28 PM) *
Hi Cosmin, I just came home from work and I'm somehow to tired to record a great take with a cool video today. Is it okay to record my take tomorrow evening? It should be up just before Ben's chat tomorrow!

Christian

Sure mate! Go ahead and have a blast tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 20 2011, 06:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
So...straight after work, I recorded a take...now you guys know how I look like at work.
So, let's call this "business punk" ! laugh.gif
or better

SUIT UP!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Sep 20 2011, 08:50 PM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:09 AM