Purchasing Gear From America And Shipping To Europe
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 16 2008, 03:37 PM
GMC:er
Who buys gear from America and where do you purchase from that deliver to Europe and to UK specifically.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
MickeM
Jan 16 2008, 04:13 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Try the smaller eBay stores. Large stores may have restriction on shipping certain brands abroad, like ESP guitars and I belive Mesa Boogie amps and probably more brands added to that. These larger stores are afraid of losing their contract with manufacturers. Some eBay stores lean more towards prioritising sales with an agreement with the buyer to not run off to the manufacturer and tell on them.

That's my own experience from when I was looking for an ESP guitar which is about 1/3-1/2 the price in the US compared to where I live. Big stores refused to ship, after a few questions to eBay stores I found one who was willing to ship. Regretfully I suddenly had to spend that money elsewhere so I had to back out from that deal.

So try eBay stores and offer the salesman a deal where his back is safe and the risk is over at your end. He wants to sell but would like to keep his contract. A suggestion is that you pay him and he sends the goods in an anonymous parcel as a gift or stating it's the guitar you forgot after your show or something wink.gif

Or if you know someone in the US who can work as a middleman for you. Have the stuff delivered to your friend and ask for it to be sent in a traceable package to you.

Maybe even you have a friend on this site who could help you out for a few dollars wink.gif Because that way the stores are safe and also your friend isn't doing anything wrong. Niether do you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 16 2008, 04:47 PM
Instructor
I got 7-8 items from eBay.us.
Triaxis I got was used BUT it was auction by a music store and they offered shipping world wide.
I wanted it to Austria cause shipping to Bosnia is about 4x more expensive blink.gif
Rest of the items were from stores as well but smaller ones,cables,adapters,straps etc.
But they offered WW shipping as well.
It depends of item actually I think.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2008, 09:06 PM
Instructor
On eBay, you can filter the stores that send worlwide. Also you can filter the auctions that ship worldwide too on the left side of the screen.

Alternatively, you can email some stores that don't ship if you fin a decent purchase, some of them will ship if asked.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:24 AM