6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Should Marijuana Be Legalized?
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 13 2014, 08:31 AM
Instructor
One thing that I know is that NOTHING is bad, AS LONG as you are able to be the one in control. Alcohol is not bad - I am a wine drinker for instance and my mom and dad raised me in such a way that I can appreciate a fine drink but never over do it. A glass of red wine and a fine book, or a glass with a fine dinner, is nothing short of pure bliss - and guess what, it doesn't turn you into a raging alcoholic that wakes up in a gutter in the morning.

It is very tough for the most of us to resist urges that end up with abuse, but as long as you are conscious and master over your self, nothing can bring you down. As I said, tough to live up to these words, but frankly, if you manage to do it, you will live a happy and fulfilling life. The outcome of things is ENTIRELY up to you.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2014, 10:58 PM
GMC:er

Well said smile.gif I"ve always admired that about many cultures/countries raise children from a young age to appropriately appreciate things like wine. In the states this is not common. It happens, just not common. Here, young people are largely forbidden to touch booze until 21. Of course they get in to it early, and since there is no parental oversight, often times it goes bad and usually ends up causing issues.

Balance is truly the key as you mentioned smile.gif Just a hard thing to achieve. I do agree with you that it's well worth striving for smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 13 2014, 02:31 AM) *
One thing that I know is that NOTHING is bad, AS LONG as you are able to be the one in control. Alcohol is not bad - I am a wine drinker for instance and my mom and dad raised me in such a way that I can appreciate a fine drink but never over do it. A glass of red wine and a fine book, or a glass with a fine dinner, is nothing short of pure bliss - and guess what, it doesn't turn you into a raging alcoholic that wakes up in a gutter in the morning.

It is very tough for the most of us to resist urges that end up with abuse, but as long as you are conscious and master over your self, nothing can bring you down. As I said, tough to live up to these words, but frankly, if you manage to do it, you will live a happy and fulfilling life. The outcome of things is ENTIRELY up to you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Feb 19 2014, 11:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
When it comes to drinking it is ok that young people get introduced to alcohol, but I think we have a culture many places in Europe especially in Denmark where you almost can not get together without drinking.
I was a part of this as a teenager and university student, that was just how people would socialize.

Now I haven't been drinking alcohol for more than 5 years, and it was really hard for some of my friends to accept until I told them we couldn't hang out anymore unless they'd accept it.

If you stop smoking, people will congratulate you.
If you stop drinking, people will ask you if you are sick. It irritates me.

Smoking weed? No it has so many bad side effects for a lot of people so I'm not for legalization if we have a good police force to stop the criminal trades.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 20 2014, 12:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 12 2014, 02:58 PM) *
(now if we can just find some friggin water).

This is what needs to happen.California has to build a desalination plant ,Now every state that uses water out of the colorado river (that side of the divide)has to help in the cost . Because once Cali is using that water , every state will benefit and Lake Mead will fill back up and there will never be another water problem

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Feb 20 2014, 12:22 AM

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 20 2014, 02:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 19 2014, 03:21 PM) *
This is what needs to happen.California has to build a desalination plant ,Now every state that uses water out of the colorado river (that side of the divide)has to help in the cost . Because once Cali is using that water , every state will benefit and Lake Mead will fill back up and there will never be another water problem

Desalinization actually seems like a good idea. I'm not sure if it's a long term solution due to the corrosive effects of Salt Water. Better conservation of water would help.(especially farming)

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 20 2014, 04:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Palacios @ Feb 20 2014, 02:25 AM) *
Desalinization actually seems like a good idea. I'm not sure if it's a long term solution due to the corrosive effects of Salt Water. Better conservation of water would help.(especially farming)

many Arab nations have been doing it for years, the salt is taken out , so nothing gets corroded after the process

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 20 2014, 06:19 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 19 2014, 07:01 PM) *
many Arab nations have been doing it for years, the salt is taken out , so nothing gets corroded after the process

Honestly Northern California is pretty self sufficient with water. I defiantly think the South should consider it. It would probably cost everyone more for their water, but it would encourage water conservation.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 07:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 19 2014, 10:40 PM) *
When it comes to drinking it is ok that young people get introduced to alcohol, but I think we have a culture many places in Europe especially in Denmark where you almost can not get together without drinking.
I was a part of this as a teenager and university student, that was just how people would socialize.

Now I haven't been drinking alcohol for more than 5 years, and it was really hard for some of my friends to accept until I told them we couldn't hang out anymore unless they'd accept it.

Smoking weed? No it has so many bad side effects for a lot of people so I'm not for legalization if we have a good police force to stop the criminal trades.

It's a bit weird sometimes - for the others I mean - but I couldn't care less for what they think smile.gif Indeed, I don't drink before training or so, or sometimes if it's too late in the evening, I'd rather have a tea instead, because I want to get a good rest during the night.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 19 2014, 09:58 PM) *
Well said smile.gif I"ve always admired that about many cultures/countries raise children from a young age to appropriately appreciate things like wine. In the states this is not common. It happens, just not common. Here, young people are largely forbidden to touch booze until 21. Of course they get in to it early, and since there is no parental oversight, often times it goes bad and usually ends up causing issues.

Balance is truly the key as you mentioned smile.gif Just a hard thing to achieve. I do agree with you that it's well worth striving for smile.gif

Kids should be raised by EXAMPLE not by theory smile.gif They are like little monkeys - they do what they see around them not what they are told. That much I have figured out so far, but I am pretty darn scared of the day I will have to raise my own laugh.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 20 2014, 09:11 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 19 2014, 10:39 PM) *
but I am pretty darn scared of the day I will have to raise my own laugh.gif

You're a thoughtful and methodical guy. You'll do fine. Talk to them a lot. Engage them. They like that.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 10:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 20 2014, 08:11 AM) *
You're a thoughtful and methodical guy. You'll do fine. Talk to them a lot. Engage them. They like that.

Thanks Ken, I guess I'll just see when I get there smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 20 2014, 03:52 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 20 2014, 07:39 AM) *
Kids should be raised by EXAMPLE not by theory smile.gif They are like little monkeys - they do what they see around them not what they are told. That much I have figured out so far, but I am pretty darn scared of the day I will have to raise my own laugh.gif

this is probably the best rule of parenting
You teach your kids not to drink and you drink , guess what , your kids will drink
and this is true with just about everything, and before some get bent out of shape, it's child rearing , nothing 100 percent , people still have to make there own decisions (good or bad), but if we practice what we preach , it goes a long way with credibility for our kids

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 20 2014, 06:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thats how it is used LEGAL in Deutschland !

This is the Link in English language smile.gif

http://www.hemp-wholesale.com

its not my company just to give ya some IDEA !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 09:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 20 2014, 02:52 PM) *
this is probably the best rule of parenting
You teach your kids not to drink and you drink , guess what , your kids will drink
and this is true with just about everything, and before some get bent out of shape, it's child rearing , nothing 100 percent , people still have to make there own decisions (good or bad), but if we practice what we preach , it goes a long way with credibility for our kids

The truth is, that when you look on things in the REAL perspective - you have to be a saint to raise your tyke as an oak. Heavy burden this one of parenthood... But alas smile.gif All things in due time smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 20 2014, 10:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 20 2014, 09:45 PM) *
The truth is, that when you look on things in the REAL perspective - you have to be a saint to raise your tyke as an oak. Heavy burden this one of parenthood... But alas smile.gif All things in due time smile.gif

Also , kids need to see parents fail, I do it often, but when they see how I handle it ,much good can come of it, of course if I handle it Bad, well, you know

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 20 2014, 10:29 PM
You also get to 'learn' parenting in real time.
You don't need to know it all the day they're born.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2014, 07:01 AM
Sadly you can't stop the Marijuana trade as our failed "War on Drugs" has showed us. So that's sorta hopeless. As far as "side effects", there are side effects to Alcohol and yet we managed to make that legal smile.gif But to each his own.

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 19 2014, 05:40 PM) *

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2014, 09:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 20 2014, 09:06 PM) *
Also , kids need to see parents fail, I do it often, but when they see how I handle it ,much good can come of it, of course if I handle it Bad, well, you know

True words smile.gif As I said, momentarily I don't even have someone to make a kid with, so laugh.gif I'll just see to my other things

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 21 2014, 01:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 21 2014, 09:23 AM) *
True words smile.gif As I said, momentarily I don't even have someone to make a kid with, so laugh.gif I'll just see to my other things

I thought, surely Wolverine would have sweet talked that brunette in your video wink.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 21 2014, 07:01 AM) *
Sadly you can't stop the Marijuana trade as our failed "War on Drugs" has showed us. So that's sorta hopeless. As far as "side effects", there are side effects to Alcohol and yet we managed to make that legal smile.gif But to each his own.
why stop with Marijuana
as most libertarians want all drugs legalized

plus we are breaking Treaty's with neighboring countries and their war on drugs,puts them in a bind , doesn't it
like it or not , no President like Barack (who swore to uphold the constitution and our Laws)has done more picking and choosing of which laws "HE" would and would not uphold
now if the law changes thats fine,but until then, do your job

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Feb 21 2014, 02:11 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2014, 03:13 AM
CRSN: That was my point exactly smile.gif "Why stop with Marijuanna.." making things like marijuanna illegal is as wrong headed and ineffective as Alcohol Prohibition was waaay back when. We managed to get over that but even though hard booze is more dangerous/toxic on the body than street heroin, we keep selling booze without a second thought. It's far beyond time we started looking at the entire thing as a health issue, not a criminal issue. IMHO smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 21 2014, 07:29 AM) *
why stop with Marijuana
as most libertarians want all drugs legalized

plus we are breaking Treaty's with neighboring countries and their war on drugs,puts them in a bind , doesn't it
like it or not , no President like Barack (who swore to uphold the constitution and our Laws)has done more picking and choosing of which laws "HE" would and would not uphold
now if the law changes thats fine,but until then, do your job

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 22 2014, 05:43 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 21 2014, 06:13 PM) *
CRSN: That was my point exactly smile.gif "Why stop with Marijuanna.." making things like marijuanna illegal is as wrong headed and ineffective as Alcohol Prohibition was waaay back when. We managed to get over that but even though hard booze is more dangerous/toxic on the body than street heroin, we keep selling booze without a second thought. It's far beyond time we started looking at the entire thing as a health issue, not a criminal issue. IMHO smile.gif

I agree. In fact I'd go even further and legalize all drugs, and combat them with rehab. All illegalizing drugs does is fund terrorism, create a huge burden of our prison system, create police records on people preventing them from getting jobs that would force them to quit. The problem is that too much money is made, and burocracies allocated money; for them to be legal. Thats just my opinion though.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:00 PM