Atreyu? Really?
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2015, 05:57 PM
GMC:er
I thought this was some sort of STEEL PANTHER band but nope!! They are dead serious. To wit!!!! Dig the lead player. I'm all for 80's retro stuff, but somehow he just takes it a bit seriously? What do you guys think?

Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Feb 18 2015, 09:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I dont think it's fair to say he takes the 80s retro thing too seriously.... I mean it just the guys style (which is barely even 80s retro at that). He grew up on playing and listening to 80's metal. It's what the guy is into. If anything I'd say Steel Panther takes it a little too seriously.

Not really sure about the whole Steel Panther thing since they aren't alike at all.

I will say though, Dan Jacobs is an incredible player and a great teacher. I loved his Rock House Method instructional DVD's. I'm glad to see that they are back after hiatus. Atreyu are probably the biggest reason I started exploring heavier music. They opened that door for me I'd say. They might not be the most technical band but they make some really catchy tunes.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2015, 02:01 AM
I'm in to all of that as well smile.gif I don't know what it is about his image/presence that I find so irksome, but it's something for sure. Hmmm. But to each his own smile.gif

I was saying STEEL PANTHER just because of the photos I ran across. In many of them, he sorta looks like the guitar player from STEEL PANTHER without the long hair. He's got the Bandanna, the 80's muscle shirt, the 80s guitar, everything but the hair smile.gif

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Feb 18 2015, 04:36 PM) *
I dont think it's fair to say he takes the 80s retro thing too seriously.... I mean it just the guys style (which is barely even 80s retro at that). He grew up on playing and listening to 80's metal. It's what the guy is into. If anything I'd say Steel Panther takes it a little too seriously.

Not really sure about the whole Steel Panther thing since they aren't alike at all.

I will say though, Dan Jacobs is an incredible player and a great teacher. I loved his Rock House Method instructional DVD's. I'm glad to see that they are back after hiatus. Atreyu are probably the biggest reason I started exploring heavier music. They opened that door for me I'd say. They might not be the most technical band but they make some really catchy tunes.

+Quote Post
dcz702
Feb 21 2015, 05:32 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dan Jacobs is the man, the riffs and dueling guitar he and Travis Miguel come up with kick ass, I think smile.gif
Atreyu is one of my favorite bands, to bad they are taking so long to come out with another album.
Or maybe ther done cause there all in other bands now.
Hopefully it's just a hiatus

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2015, 05:58 AM
I haven't heard much from them yet actually. I tried a couple of vids on youtube but it sounded a bit too "Metalcore" for me sad.gif Not to say there is anything wrong with Metalcore. Just not my thing.

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Feb 21 2015, 12:32 AM) *
Dan Jacobs is the man, the riffs and dueling guitar he and Travis Miguel come up with kick ass, I think smile.gif
Atreyu is one of my favorite bands, to bad they are taking so long to come out with another album.
Or maybe ther done cause there all in other bands now.
Hopefully it's just a hiatus

+Quote Post
dcz702
Feb 21 2015, 06:07 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 21 2015, 04:58 AM) *
I haven't heard much from them yet actually. I tried a couple of vids on youtube but it sounded a bit too "Metalcore" for me sad.gif Not to say there is anything wrong with Metalcore. Just not my thing.

yea they are but i dig metal core, there older albums are harder then they start to mellow out on the last 2 albums, if you can call there more recent stuff mellow tongue.gif i think it is here are two songs from the last two albums

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Feb 21 2015, 09:32 AM
Tone Seeker
I have two older Atreyu's albums. A Death-Grip On Yesterday & Lead Sails Paper Anchor.
Not have listened it a while though. Lots of good songs cool.gif

+Quote Post
Arpeggio
Feb 21 2015, 12:30 PM
Looks like a sort of mini John Travolta in 1st pic.

--------------------
Founder of new startup social network site that brings the good aspects of MySpace, Twitter and FaceBook together.

MyTwitFace.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:49 PM