GMC:er
wel lets post our ideas in here , members :

- Ulrik
- Strelka28
-gitarrero
- Marek Rojewski
-Quadrium
- Snackajacks

Lets have some fun, what will be our first song, maybe to start off , lets do a cover
give your suggestions wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strelka28
Jun 20 2011, 04:57 PM
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jun 20 2011, 02:49 PM) *
wel lets post our ideas in here , members :

- Ulrik
- Strelka28
-gitarrero
- Marek Rojewski
-Quadrium
- Snackajacks

Lets have some fun, what will be our first song, maybe to start off , lets do a cover
give your suggestions wink.gif

I'm the drummer???? Ok if we are doing a cover of Maiden i say let's start with something not so hard.....

EDIT: oh and i would appreciate if u let me play guitar not the drums couse i will have a lot of trouble with the drums.... smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Strelka28: Jun 20 2011, 07:04 PM

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 20 2011, 05:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
It would be nice to write our own material, but maybe a cover is a good start.
Off course we can do a different solo, more guitar effects, faster playing...
just so it is a cover and not a copy.

It doesn't have to be Maiden.
My suggestions are these songs, which are not all 10 minutes long:

No prayer in two different versions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns7tbK544Cw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvGrH-CPnOQ

Disconnect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKlzLGGQq3E

I just want you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgIljN_awgQ

Man on the Silver Mountain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9nfVrusSMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VsaGkXrJG8

I could probably name 1000 songs for covering

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 20 2011, 05:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 20 2011, 04:17 PM) *
It would be nice to write our own material, but maybe a cover is a good start.
Off course we can do a different solo, more guitar effects, faster playing...
just so it is a cover and not a copy.

It doesn't have to be Maiden.
My suggestions are these songs, which are not all 10 minutes long:

No prayer in two different versions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns7tbK544Cw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvGrH-CPnOQ

Disconnect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKlzLGGQq3E

I just want you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgIljN_awgQ

Man on the Silver Mountain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9nfVrusSMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VsaGkXrJG8

I could probably name 1000 songs for covering

I'd choose No Prayer smile.gif I love that song. It'd be great to cover it smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Strelka28
Jun 20 2011, 05:52 PM
I think Man on the Silver Mountain is the best song to start with.....

Also my suggestions are:

Rainbow In The Dark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHkNl758-YM

All Or Nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnkM1D4MsM

Seize The Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUkoL9RE72o

I know alot but these 3 came to my mind.... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 20 2011, 08:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Any more suggestions guys?

I know some of you have been here a long time, but I think a small presentation from everybody is in place.

I'm Danish, I live in Copenhagen. I'm 31 years old, and will be done studying in January, and then I am hopefully a physiotherapist.
Just finished my first two marathons in april and may.

I've had some lessons playing keyboard, which started my musical career.
I've been in a couple of bands, playing bass and guitar (and singing once), one serious popband, with some small shows.

I still got my old crappy keyboard I bought almost 20 years ago. I have a couple of electric guitars and one acoustic, a 5-string bass. I might need a better microphone for singing.

And yes I listen to Metal!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Strelka28
Jun 20 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm Macedonian and I live in Kocani... I played in a couple of rock bands and I still play in one of them...

I'm 16 years old and I'm in a Musical High School... I started playing guitar 8 years ago when i was 8 years old smile.gif I also play bass.... Because I learn piano in school i bought a keyboard to practice and along the way I learned to play rock and stuff like that... I play the drums to but not professional ... I have 7 guitar and 1 keyboard. smile.gif

Well that's almost everything about me.... and I hope I play guitar in this Virtual Band.... wink.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 20 2011, 09:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'm Dogukan from Turkey. I'm 21 years old and have been playing guitar for 6 years. And occasionally i play drums when i go to studio but i am not good at it smile.gif I have a another virtual band project going on at GMC currently. (Project:Quadrium) Currently we made 2 songs. (first song's vocals are done- just need syncing and second song's vocals will be made soon ) You can check the previews from our facebook page. So that's me smile.gif Nice to meet you all and hope we rock on this vb project smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 22 2011, 02:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Gitarrero, Marek Rojewski and Snackajacks, would you like to give a small presentation and maybe a couple of suggestions for a cover.

Let's get this party started!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 23 2011, 10:25 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Marek from Poland. 24 years old, I played the guitar for many years, but practicing started when I joined GMC, before that I played 99% on a classical guitar with simple chords. When it comes to my guitar skills one can check my Youtube channel and REC. When I played the classical guitar I also singed along and got positive feedback, but it was some time ago and I don't think I am good enough at that:) I was invited by a bassist I known from school to "start a band" 3-4 months ago but we haven't found any more members, just learned some covers - which is always better than nothing.

When it comes to covers and musical tastes - my favorite band is Blind Guardian and I would love to do something by them, but all in all I will enjoy Judas Priest/Iron Maiden/Dio/Sabbath and all the other "good old heavy metal". I like both No Prayer and Men on the Silver Mountain that You guys proposed.

Considering we have 3 guitarists there won't be so much to learn for each of them, which should make the whole learning/recording process bit faster.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 24 2011, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
I hate to be a dictator... but we are going for "Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the dying" right?

How do we do this?
Who records which guitar parts?
Who composes a brand new solo?
And what do we record first? Drums?
Do we alter some riffs?
Will we bring in keyboard instead of guitar or the other way around?
Will we make it into a polka version?
Do we have a proffesional mixer?

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jun 24 2011, 12:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 25 2011, 10:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 24 2011, 11:56 AM) *
I hate to be a dictator... but we are going for "Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the dying" right?

How do we do this?
Who records which guitar parts?
Who composes a brand new solo?
And what do we record first? Drums?
Do we alter some riffs?
Will we bring in keyboard instead of guitar or the other way around?
Will we make it into a polka version?
Do we have a proffesional mixer?

I'm up for "No Prayer". I can play both lead/rhythm guitars. I can compose a new solo too smile.gif We should make the drums first or at least a appropriate click track to record guitar parts.

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Strelka28
Jun 26 2011, 03:13 AM
Well since we are doing No Prayer I think we should put in some ne parts in the song to... ( like stops and dual guitar solo or stuff like that.... anything that sounds cool ) I doubt that I can make the drums Quadrium can u make the drums and I will help with the guitar parts and stuff like that and I would love to make a guitar duel.... So if you are up for that tell me and we will start recording smile.gif

+Quote Post
Strelka28
Jun 27 2011, 02:39 AM
Ok.... I suggest we do the intro like this.... (we do the second part of the intro with two guitars soloing.... this is just and example and plus I will upload a drum track so you guys will have something to play on.... I hope this helps from now... and I hope that everyone will be more active from now on.... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Attached File  Intro_Example.mp3 ( 738.27K ) Number of downloads: 241

Tell me do you like it ! smile.gif smile.gif

Ok and here is the Drum Track so everyone will have a track to play on... smile.gif

Attached File  Drum_Track_1.mp3 ( 10.9MB ) Number of downloads: 251

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 27 2011, 01:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Strelka28 @ Jun 27 2011, 01:39 AM) *
Ok.... I suggest we do the intro like this.... (we do the second part of the intro with two guitars soloing.... this is just and example and plus I will upload a drum track so you guys will have something to play on.... I hope this helps from now... and I hope that everyone will be more active from now on.... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Attached File  Intro_Example.mp3 ( 738.27K ) Number of downloads: 241

Tell me do you like it ! smile.gif smile.gif

I like it very much! biggrin.gif

Ok and here is the Drum Track so everyone will have a track to play on... smile.gif

Attached File  Drum_Track_1.mp3 ( 10.9MB ) Number of downloads: 251

Awesome! smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 27 2011, 01:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good to see, that we have allready started!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Strelka28
Jun 27 2011, 05:49 PM
Ok... so what's next.... we do the verse? who will play the verse........ and Quadrium if u are doing a new solo upload it here so we can hear it.... and by the way I will do the part after the first verse (the little solo)....

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 1 2011, 04:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok, guys now I finished my big exam.
Did our band die? I hope not!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Strelka28
Jul 1 2011, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 1 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Ok, guys now I finished my big exam.
Did our band die? I hope not!

Well.... I hope not to, but nobody is active.... I don't know what is everyone waiting for.... sad.gifsad.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 13 2011, 11:10 AM
sorry guys for the long wait, im finally back.
Nice to see that you've started, let me introduce myself :
My name is Marc
from the Netherlands, 17 years old.
all musicstyles are welcome to me.
favorite axe is my ibanez rg550.

my idea was like iron maiden, every guitarist makes a small solo and then paste it.
Ill just learn the rhythm part for now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:59 PM