Recently Acquired Music
maqhem
Jul 9 2010, 03:37 AM
GMC:er
Yaaww, maties!

Whoa, I almost sounded like a real pirate there laugh.gif

Okay, my pirate attitude may be funny to some, may not be some others. I don't care, really, but there's something I just want to point out before we can get started:

Piracy is cool as long stays on the ocean!
Pracy is NOT (!!!) cool when it goes too far and takes other the cd market! (someone in here already covered the software marked, so I won't comment on that)

Did you notice that the word "not" was both capital letters, bold, underlined, and followed by three exclamation marks?
Good - I did that on purpose to get my point through. People shouldn't download their music illegally, they should go buy it in a store or on the internet to support the bands and labels. I bet musicians put a lot more effort into making some good music than you do by downloading it.
By the way, did you know that there's a lot more cds avaible for legal purchase on the internet than avaiable illegal downloads?
I'm just saying. Please, for everyone's sake, go buy your music smile.gif

And now for apologies if this thread alreasy exists.

Let's get started!
Right now it's in the middle of the night where I am (we've already passed 04:00 am), and I'm a little bored because I can't play guitar anymore right now. My fingers on my left hand need to rest.

So I thought we could share the newest cds that we've recently bought and maybe get some inspiration from each other smile.gif Therefore it'd be cool if you could post both band name/artist, album/ep title, and genre(s). Just like I'm about to do. Well, no more talk. Here's the list:

Inevitable End - The Severed Inception
Technical Death Metal

Gorgoroth - Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt
Black Metal

Dawn Of Demise - A Force Unstoppable
Death Metal

Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down
Melodic Death Metal

Avulsed - Nullo (The Pleasure Of Self-Mutilation)
Death Metal

Withering - Gospel Of Madness
Melodic Death Metal

Devourment - Unleash The Carnivore
Brutal Death Metal

Eluveitie - Slanía
Folk Metal

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Black Metal

Immortal - All Shall Fall
Black Metal

Insomnium - Across The Dark
Melodic Death Metal

And last, but definately not least (I saved this one for a reason - the title of the album is just so rediculously long!):

Tard - Disgorging Guttural Regurgitations of Dismembered Disembowelment and Effluvious Visceral Entrail Secretions With a Side of Emaciated Malignant Lymphatic Putrescence, a Glass of Ensanguined Malodorous Discharge to Drink, and Coagulated Pustular Rectal Seepage for Dessert (With a Cherry on Top)
Brual Death Metal

There you go! Hope you can find some inspiration there smile.gif
Looking forward to see what you guys recently bought! So I just hope I'm not the only one in here who likes in such lists wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by maqhem: Jul 9 2010, 03:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
MickeM
Jul 9 2010, 08:20 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
The last batch concisted of:

Ozzy - Scream
Europe - Last Look at Eden (big positive surprise)
Guns N' Roses - Appetite for destruction (a bit late huh?)
Vanden Plas - The seraphic clockwork
Akira Kajiyama + Joe Lynn Turner - Fire without flame

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Jul 9 2010, 09:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
My latest few are:

Flyleaf - Memento Mori,
Breaking Benjamin - Phobia,
Demon Hunter - The world is a thorn,
Hillsong - God He Reigns,
Paramore - Brand new eyes,
Sick Puppies - Tri-Polar

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 9 2010, 03:33 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Most recent purchases:

Rhapsody Of Fire - The Frozen Tears Of Angels
In This Moment - Star Crossed Wasteland (Pre-Order)
Vanden Plas - The Seraphic Clockwork
Dawn Of Ashes - Genocide Chapters (Pre-Order)
Taake - Taake
Wolves In The Throne Room - Diadem Of 12 Stars
Allageon - Fragments Of Form And Function (Pre-Order)
Guilt Machine - On This Perfect Day

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 10 2010, 02:57 PM
Jazz Instructor
My latest purchase was Faith no more - Epic the very Best

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 10 2010, 03:13 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Two most recent purchases are

Herbie Hancock 'The Imagine Project'

and

Leonard Cohen 'Live in London'.

I don't buy a lot of CDs nowadays though partly as I get given a lot free (legally of course) and partly as I already have a lot here anyway. My daughter has just starting to show an interest in buying her own cds though cool.gif but her taste tends to veer more towards 'Lady Gaga' and 'Florence and the Machine' type of stuff. We spent a few hours the other day comparing the recording of Lady Gaga and The Beach Boys to see which she thought was recorded and mastered better - Beach Boys won biggrin.gif - so there is hope.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 10 2010, 03:36 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 10 2010, 07:13 AM) *
We spent a few hours the other day comparing the recording of Lady Gaga and The Beach Boys to see which she thought was recorded and mastered better - Beach Boys won biggrin.gif - so there is hope.

The padawan learns quickly, from the master wink.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 12 2010, 07:28 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
The last batch consisted of:
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here
Purified In Blood - Under Black Skies
Godsmack - The Oracle

Great music smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 12 2010, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
my latest was

Sabaton-coat of arms
COB- Hatebreader

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:50 AM