True Hip-hop
VinceG
Jun 11 2007, 10:00 AM
GMC:er
Yea I know this is a guitar board. But anyway, does anyone here listen to hip hop? No not that bullshit you hear on the radio or mtv or anything, those are just pop artist who doesnt know the movement of true hip hop. Im talking bout Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, MF Doom, MF Grimm etc. Hip Hop Freestyle is like shredding for guitars, comming up with stuff on top of your head, keeping a beat together, constantly dropping hard hitting rhymes after another. So let me hear em, who likes true hip hop?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 11 2007, 11:06 AM
well i always..liked break dancing..which is mostly done wiht hip-hop..true hip hop that is....but not big fan of the hip-hop itself.....idk i just never really got into it..it never caught my ear.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 11 2007, 11:27 AM
I actually like Atmosphere a bit, and Sage Francis is good, but I haven't heard that much of his stuff. I have no idea if they are "true" or not, but at least it's not played too much on the radio. (Or I actually have no idea about that, since I haven't listened to the radio in years)

But that's about all I listen to, and all I know about hiphop, it's really not my thing biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 11 2007, 12:54 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jun 11 2007, 09:00 AM) *
Yea I know this is a guitar board. But anyway, does anyone here listen to hip hop? No not that bullshit you hear on the radio or mtv or anything, those are just pop artist who doesnt know the movement of true hip hop. Im talking bout Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, MF Doom, MF Grimm etc. Hip Hop Freestyle is like shredding for guitars, comming up with stuff on top of your head, keeping a beat together, constantly dropping hard hitting rhymes after another. So let me hear em, who likes true hip hop?

Might be some interesting answers here. This is more if a shred and death metal crowd. biggrin.gif

In the 80's I was a bit of a fan but kinda moved on after I discovered Metallica around the time ...And Justice for All came out.

Once in a while, I catch something that catches me as interesting. Micky Avalon's kinda amusing. I'm digging Saul Williams quite a bit lately though...interesting vocals and fascinating producing.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 11 2007, 04:47 PM
I dont mind listening to Run D.M.C, but thats about it. But maaan I want to smash the TV every time I turn on the voice or some crap, hahahahha.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 11 2007, 05:35 PM
Learning Roadie
I love Tupac and Snoop, wu tang is pretty good. I like jay-z, and you can go back to like rakim or something tongue.gif Eminem is good too.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jun 11 2007, 06:02 PM
I listen to Hip-Hop when I'm sick and need to vomit.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 11 2007, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 11 2007, 09:35 PM) *
I love Tupac and Snoop, wu tang is pretty good. I like jay-z, and you can go back to like rakim or something tongue.gif Eminem is good too.

Im not a fan of Snoop and Tupac but we can agree on Wu-Tang Clan. Man those guys are sick specially method man and ghostface killah.

QUOTE (Robin @ Jun 11 2007, 08:47 PM) *
I dont mind listening to Run D.M.C, but thats about it. But maaan I want to smash the TV every time I turn on the voice or some crap, hahahahha.

Yea hip hop nowadays are just terrible. There all just one hit wonders and keep comming up w/ retarded dance moves. Singing bout jewelry and stuff. I remember back in the 90's where hip hop artist doenst care bout what they look like, all they did was rhyme bout there life. And the beats are just timeless. Soul and scratching came together like pb&j.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 11 2007, 11:38 PM
Run DMC got a bit humour in their music, not just like this depressive crap that is on nowdays.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kgTrKDsfZEk&...ted&search=
I love the sound of it all, I also like their voices. Its a bit funky you know, not just some slow boring piece of crap with lyrics either about how "poor" they are or how rich they are.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 11 2007, 11:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Ooh yeah, I gotta mention Public Enemy too.

And, to an extent, the beastie boys.

This post has been edited by JVM: Jun 11 2007, 11:46 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:50 PM