Hey Ya'll, Finally
Travelin' Man
Jul 10 2007, 09:32 PM
GMC:er
I want to 1st of all say hey to all the admins, instructors, and to all of the guitar gurus out there for making this site. 2nd hey goes out to all the guitar fanatics.
I have been sitting on the sidelines, readin the forums, watching the lessons vids, and definitely reading the forums, especially the theory sections.
I guess, I could consider myself a beginner. I got an acoustic guitar when I was 14, and that was 30 years ago. I tinkered with it, and even paid for lessons. The teacher was pathetic. Playing Mary Had A Little Lamb was NOT my idea of learning how to play. No theory was ever mentioned. I didnt even know guitar had a theory. Well, my experience playing only grew by ear. I can hear a song on the radio and pick out the chords, or I used to go watch bands, paying close attention to the guitar players, and yacking with them off stage. Than family came, and my guitar was laid to rest. Now I want back in, and I hope its not too late in my life. Now, I hope I can find the time and the aspiration to complete my dream of mastering this axe (80's nomenclature) rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 10 2007, 09:38 PM
Welcome to GMC smile.gif It's never too late! We got alot of ol' people here on GMC smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 10 2007, 09:49 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome - glad you are a theory fan smile.gif

Let us know if you need any help at all, and good uck!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 10 2007, 09:53 PM
Instructor
Welcome! Don't worry about your age - we have a lot of people of your age here! It's one big happy family here! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 10 2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks everyone...and I may add....ya'll sound fantastic...everyone of you guys either bring a tear to my eye or get my feet a poppin. Relishing in the thoughts that I too, could one day play like you, and maybe even get to play the leads in the songs that I love the best, instead of just the repititious chords, raises the hackles on the back of my neck.

My only problem, is with all this info...where in the world do I start?

This post has been edited by Travelin' Man: Jul 10 2007, 10:36 PM

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 10 2007, 10:42 PM
Welcome Travelin' Man!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 10 2007, 10:43 PM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 10 2007, 03:35 PM) *
Thanks everyone...and I may add....ya'll sound fantastic...everyone of you guys either bring a tear to my eye or get my feet a poppin. Relishing in the thoughts that I too, could one day play like you, and maybe even get to play the leads in the songs that I love the best, instead of just the repititious chords, raises the hackles on the back of my neck.

My only problem, is with all this info...where in the world do I start?

lol laugh.gif , those are some kind words, hey, dont worry, you will get there, with serious practice and determination, and you have us to help you when you need it, never be afraid to ask, thats why we are a family! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:58 AM