Acoustic 8 String Baritone
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 24 2012, 02:44 PM
Instructor
I AM IN LOVE with this jewel... dunno how I'll get it, as it's pretty darn expensive - but somehow, one day... smile.gif

What do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Opetholic
Jun 24 2012, 02:47 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Why not get a 12 string one instead? I don't understand quite the point of doubling the D and G strings only ..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 24 2012, 03:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 24 2012, 01:47 PM) *
Why not get a 12 string one instead? I don't understand quite the point of doubling the D and G strings only ..

It's about the low end man smile.gif I don't think doubled low end would sound that good wink.gif don't forget this can go down to drop A like an electric baritone.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 24 2012, 06:28 PM
Instructor
Good find, Cosmin.. that does sound very lush. Can you imagine how gorgeous that would sound tuned down to A ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 24 2012, 06:38 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
You could technically turn this into a hybrid, just slightly, but its a great effect.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 24 2012, 07:38 PM
Learning Roadie
That's an interesting model. I didn't know about this. That would be great for the band RED. smile.gif You gonna get one for your band ARIA, Cosmin? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 24 2012, 08:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 24 2012, 06:38 PM) *
That's an interesting model. I didn't know about this. That would be great for the band RED. smile.gif You gonna get one for your band ARIA, Cosmin? biggrin.gif

I found it for 2500 bucks on ebay smile.gif I am VERY tempted to fritter money like there's no tomorrow! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 24 2012, 08:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 24 2012, 08:20 PM) *
I found it for 2500 bucks on ebay smile.gif I am VERY tempted to fritter money like there's no tomorrow! laugh.gif

laugh.gif This is one of those times where you have to show restraint when you really don't want to ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2012, 07:45 PM
Instructor
Well, for starters, I will invest some cash in my acoustic smile.gif It's a very old (almost 40 years old) Gibson copy, made in Romania for being exported, back in 76'

It has an awesome tone and feel, as it was kept in great conditions, but I would like to install a preamp, new tuners a new bridge and take care of a few dents in the body, oh and new frets also!

smile.gif It's already tuned to drop C laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 25 2012, 07:47 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 25 2012, 06:45 PM) *
smile.gif It's already tuned to drop C laugh.gif

C-Maestro likes his dropped heavy tunings smile.gif I should agree though that it sounds pretty kick ass in the Metal Metrics series..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2012, 07:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 25 2012, 06:47 PM) *
C-Maestro likes his dropped heavy tunings smile.gif I should agree though that it sounds pretty kick ass in the Metal Metrics series..

Thank you man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:45 AM