> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Anese's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2015, 07:43 PM
Instructor
Yes! The overdrive reacts different depending on the settings that you are using on the amp so if you have a lot of drive on the amp, the overdrive will make the sound a bit dirtier and add sustain but if you lower drive from it, you won't notice a big change.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anese
May 26 2015, 08:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabreil
how are you >
have a listen to this part and let me know what you think.
now since I have to start working on connecting the whole thing together .. do you have any method or way to practice that ?
I noticed that as I progress to new part of the track my muscle memory tends to get weaker and loses track of the previous parts ...
Thanks

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2015, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, it sounds great!

In order to start connecting the different parts, it's good to work on connecting 2 parts first. This means that you will start creating bigger blocks now, that then you'll connect again in even bigger parts. It should be a progressive process, does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
May 28 2015, 11:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 27 2015, 03:10 PM) *
Hi Anese, it sounds great!

In order to start connecting the different parts, it's good to work on connecting 2 parts first. This means that you will start creating bigger blocks now, that then you'll connect again in even bigger parts. It should be a progressive process, does it make sense?

Hello Gabreil
I tried to connect the first two parts and somehow the third part started to take shape too.
this take is at 85% speed playing along the backing track.

so what do you think ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2015, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! Excellent work! That's what I meant! This sounds very promising, keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
May 29 2015, 03:19 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 29 2015, 03:37 PM) *
Hi Anese! Excellent work! That's what I meant! This sounds very promising, keep going!

Hello Gabriel
Thanks for your feed back.
I missed some notes there but it's not a big deal the
Only thing I'm struggling to do it is the last vibrato note
On the D scale. it's kinda difficult to do a vibrato right after lagato.

The second thing im worried about is when I tried to play the first three parts over the metronome I couldn't do it. Well it didn't sound cool and I didnt want to force my brain to do something boring.
But when I tried to play over the backing track .,..bam!! Everything flew so naturally from the first go no matter what speed I choose.
So is that a problem??
Talk to you soon
Ah... Don't think I forgot to practice the punk lesson im working on that as well. .
Thanks

This post has been edited by Anese: May 29 2015, 10:21 PM

+Quote Post
Anese
May 29 2015, 10:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello again Gabriel
here's another take attached ... this one is smother and i managed to raise the tempo to 95%.
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2015, 04:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Anese @ May 29 2015, 11:19 AM) *
Hello Gabriel
Thanks for your feed back.
I missed some notes there but it's not a big deal the
Only thing I'm struggling to do it is the last vibrato note
On the D scale. it's kinda difficult to do a vibrato right after lagato.

The second thing im worried about is when I tried to play the first three parts over the metronome I couldn't do it. Well it didn't sound cool and I didnt want to force my brain to do something boring.
But when I tried to play over the backing track .,..bam!! Everything flew so naturally from the first go no matter what speed I choose.
So is that a problem??
Talk to you soon
Ah... Don't think I forgot to practice the punk lesson im working on that as well. .
Thanks

mm that's not a big problem, if you can play tight over drums, you should be able to do it over metronome after some little practice. Drummer divides the beat with hihat and that helps, so when you play over metronome, you should imagine the hihat sounding over the beat in 8th, you can use your head to make it easier. For example, if you move your head down with the beat and keep it moving groovy, the second 8th note will happen every time your head gets back to normal position.... does it make sense?

QUOTE (Anese @ May 29 2015, 06:25 PM) *
Hello again Gabriel
here's another take attached ... this one is smother and i managed to raise the tempo to 95%.
Thanks

Great to see this one evolving! The legato sections are less tight than the picking ones, but you're on the right track, just keep on the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
May 30 2015, 07:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
lets see how i'm doing on the punk song
and once again thanks for help.
have a good day.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2015, 05:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! This sounds really good! Your playing is very tight and precise on the chords and melodic sections. You just have to learn the last measures and record a take for REC program. You'll be ready in a few days.

About your tone, I feel that it has too much distortion, maybe lowering drive could help to make it sound more classic punk style. Experiment and let me know what happens.

Congrats!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 24 2015, 11:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
How are you ?
Ive been a bit busy for the last two weeks. I barely had time to practice.
anyway Im back now ... I had to refresh what I've been practicing..
check my legato lesson take and let me know what you think.
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2015, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, this audio sounds good. You have good timing on most of the parts. There are some little moments where the notes don't sound totally clear but it's a very small detail. The overall is really good.

What other things are you planning to work?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 26 2015, 04:39 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2015, 04:11 PM) *
Hi Anese, this audio sounds good. You have good timing on most of the parts. There are some little moments where the notes don't sound totally clear but it's a very small detail. The overall is really good.

What other things are you planning to work?

Hello Gabriel
let me take some takes for the last two lessons in the REC room first then we'll see what can we do next.
btw I recorded a take of the punk lesson today for the REC room, if you think it's good enough ill post it there and see what the other masters have to say/.
https://youtu.be/7lA9syx1HkQ

take to you later.

This post has been edited by Anese: Jun 26 2015, 09:45 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2015, 04:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, the take is good enough for the REC. The only thing that I note that can have a bad reception is that your guitar is a bit out of tune. That's not very acceptable at REC. But your playing good.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 28 2015, 09:41 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 27 2015, 05:23 PM) *
Hi Anese, the take is good enough for the REC. The only thing that I note that can have a bad reception is that your guitar is a bit out of tune. That's not very acceptable at REC. But your playing good.

Hello Gabriel
I tuned and recorded another take..
check the REC room.
I also need a new set of strings I guess I had these for about 4 months now ... tongue.gif
Thanks for your help.

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 28 2015, 07:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Again Gabriel
I recorded a video take for the lagato lesson.. I missed the last note but let me know what you
think in general.
https://youtu.be/Q5QvPj56y_A
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2015, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, you are getting good sound with both techniques on this video which is not a small thing. However you need to focus on timing since there are many parts that aren't going tight with the backing. It's not something really big but it happens on small fragments of each part, in most of them so you really need to continue practicing trying to avoid it.

Other than that, this sounds very good, keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 30 2015, 01:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
Thanks for your help
wink.gif my guitar tune is really bugging me... the sex pistol take on the
REC room is a new take i recorded after you mentioned that my previous one was out of tune.. and before I recorded that one
I made sure that each of the strings was exactly in tune. ( I tune with a guitar rig built-in tuner) .
however I was wondering if my strings are too old to stay intune.. so I changed my strings and I recorded a new take ..
and for my ears it doesn't sound much different.. I don't know what is the issue..
listen to this new take and let me know what you think ..
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 2 2015, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, the new take shows that there is something wrong with your strings... maybe they are a bit old, or maybe your guitar need some calibration. When has been the last time you did both things?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jul 2 2015, 02:57 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 2 2015, 03:23 PM) *
Hi mate, the new take shows that there is something wrong with your strings... maybe they are a bit old, or maybe your guitar need some calibration. When has been the last time you did both things?

Hello Gabriel
I Have changed my strings with a new set of elixe strings right before
I recorded that take.
But I've never calibrated my guita. I had this guitar for almost a year now.. Unfortunately there are no guitar techs where I live.. Is it possible to learn how to calibrate it by my self?
Any how before we go any further with this I will send another recording playing each string at a time to confirm if the guitar is really out of tune or not.
Thanks

This post has been edited by Anese: Jul 2 2015, 03:01 PM

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:00 AM