Tapping distortion
rhys
Jan 5 2007, 05:18 PM
GMC:er
Ello,

Been playing the Crazy Train solo and i'm noticing i can sound tapping really easily but only when using my boss super overdrive pedal kind of like a pre-pedal to everything, it's pretty much the only way i can get the tapping notes to sound really clearly. The only thing is that running that before everything including other distortion pedals (was using that + line6 uber metal through the clean channel of my fender roc-pro 1000) you can imagine the kind of distortion and general muddy sound you get, but i can't get tapping to sound any other way. The overall tone isn't that bad, but i'm just looking for a general heavyish sound without it being overboard all the time. Anyone else got this kind of problem? I'm also trying using my pod 2.0 through a speaker, again, only can really get tapping to sound when using the overdrive pedal through it first, using a fender strat on the neck pickup.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoveJimboLove
Jan 5 2007, 08:14 PM
GMC:er
I'm not sure becuase I rarely play totally clean, but from having a little mess then I found that tapping in the clean channel requires a good level of accuracy on your taps which overdrive and distortion often negates. To clean up the sound make sure you mute all unused strings to prevent them ringing from the taps of your fingers. Also remember to start off slow to nail the accuracy once you build up the speed and consider the gain and volume of your clean channel...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by LoveJimboLove: Jan 5 2007, 08:17 PM

--------------------
www.myspace.com/idkillyouformyself

Guitars:
Jackson RR1 Snow w/ black pin stripes
-Duncan

Jackson KE2 Emerald Green
-Duncan

Jackson Soloist SL1 Lightning sky
-Duncan

ESP M-II Urban Camo
-EMG

Amps:

Practice
Marshall MS4 and Marshall AVTX 275

Gig
Marshall AVTX 112 412xA and 412xB

Pedals:
Marshall Guv'nor 2 and JH-1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:18 AM