Drums In Reaper
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
May 30 2008, 09:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey GMC,
I've been having a little bit of trouble with Reaper. I have a drum program called Acoustica Beatcraft but when I program drums and import them into Reaper, they arent in time with the metronome. I made sure both were set to the same bpm, but they still don't line-up. Has anyone had any similar experiences and know what to do? smile.gif
Thanks many guys, you're awesome! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn: May 30 2008, 09:41 PM

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
May 30 2008, 09:50 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ May 30 2008, 04:40 PM) *
Hey GMC,
I've been having a little bit of trouble with Reaper. I have a drum program called Acoustica Beatcraft but when I program drums and import them into Reaper, they arent in time with the metronome. I made sure both were set to the same bpm, but they still don't line-up. Has anyone had any similar experiences and know what to do? smile.gif
Thanks many guys, you're awesome! biggrin.gif

i know that when u use ezdrummer that its works as a VST plugin. try that?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
May 30 2008, 09:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Is it free? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
May 30 2008, 10:09 PM
GMC:er
not in the least. but try and see if acoustica can be VST

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 30 2008, 10:57 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I'd check your global project tempo setting as well - sometimes if its not the same (in pretty much any sequencer) you can have issues when you import.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
May 30 2008, 11:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well I set the click track to 90 bpm, then I set Acsoutica to 90bpm and made a drumtrack . And it doesnt match up with the click track and I dont understand why sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
May 31 2008, 11:00 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I've got reaper and beatcraft, and this happens to me. I guess it's just there very slightly out of time which gets worse the longer you go through the recording. I don't see why it matters though, because if you've got a drum beat you don't need to use the reaper metronome.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 1 2008, 07:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ May 31 2008, 12:01 AM) *
Well I set the click track to 90 bpm, then I set Acsoutica to 90bpm and made a drumtrack . And it doesnt match up with the click track and I dont understand why sad.gif

How do you make a click track? Pls pm me about it, it'd be great for my latency issues.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jun 1 2008, 08:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Matt23 @ May 31 2008, 10:00 AM) *
I've got reaper and beatcraft, and this happens to me. I guess it's just there very slightly out of time which gets worse the longer you go through the recording. I don't see why it matters though, because if you've got a drum beat you don't need to use the reaper metronome.

Exactly! But it's not like this for everyone, so Im wondering if there is anyway I can fix it .. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 1 2008, 08:45 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'm gonna try find out how to sort it just now, but why do you need them to keep in time?

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jun 3 2008, 03:19 AM
Learning Rock Star
Well when you record guitar to a click track, then add drums in, they dont line up sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 3 2008, 03:32 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'd just record drums before guitar if the click track doesn't match up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:08 AM