Basics For Lead Guitarists, Lesson Request
Nighthawk1
Jun 28 2008, 02:33 PM
GMC:er
Hi there Ivan,
first off...I'd like to praise once again your brilliant work here at GMC. Your lessons are brilliant, seen from your guitar skills and your pedagogical skills.
I read somewhere within the forum that you were up to make a lesson concerning basics for lead guitarists and so on like muting strings etc. So I would like to know if you are still up to that lesson, don't wanna rush you, just would like to know.
Because I am looking for some great explanations for what is the best way to mute the strings in easy licks like this. Particularly how to mute the high (G, B, E) strings when they are not being played...Because when you play it, it sounds so nice and clean, when I play it sounds somehow like mush if you know what I mean...the notes don't sound seperated enough which increases of course when I play fast and with a lot of gain...Cya my friend...And never leave GMC !!! tongue.gif
E S S S S S S S S S S S S
|----------12-15-12----12--------------------|
|-------12----------15----15-12-----12-15-12-|
|--14b--------------------------14b----------|
|--------------------------------------------|

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jun 28 2008, 02:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 28 2008, 09:07 PM
Instructor
You read my mind man! smile.gif I just recorded today the lesson about muting. It covers those ideas in a general form. Tomorrow I will do the editing and on Sunday it will be uploaded. You can expect it on the site in 10 days or so, depending when Kris publish it. Cheers man smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jun 29 2008, 09:12 AM
Well, there couldn't have been a better answer for me! biggrin.gif I am looking forward to that lesson...thanks a lot my friend...Cheers

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 29 2008, 10:26 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I'm with Nighthawk in this, would really like to learn how to mute strings properly!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 29 2008, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Cool guys, I hope you will like it. Muting is somewhat and art form, everybody does it slighlty different, but I tried to give some general advices how to mute the strings using left and rigt thand. Stay tuned, and thanks for support guys! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jun 29 2008, 10:42 AM
I am sure this lesson will be again extremely helpful....

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 29 2008, 10:58 AM
Instructor
Thanks man, I hope so to. In the meantime I just finished Red Hot CHilli Peppers style lesson including some bonus sound and mixing tutorials, so I think it will be great for achieving that Stadium Arcadium sound. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:41 AM