Detox Eq - Paul Gilbert
JVM
Dec 2 2009, 03:13 AM
Learning Roadie
Guys n gals,

I can't recall if we've talked about this particular piece of gear before, but I find it intriguing. When I have enough money, I plan to purchase and use a high end single channel amp like Paul does. I have always loved his tone. What do you guys think about the detox? Is it crazy? Inventive? I've never really heard of using a pedal to generate your clean tone until I saw this guy (a couple months ago, I'm only just now remembering about it tongue.gif). Does anyone else use this method?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 2 2009, 04:56 PM
Instructor
this test really sounds like him, I think it's great

Detox Test

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 2 2009, 05:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, that is him, the same clip that is on the homebrew website actually. Did you read the notes paul left? He has some suggested settings and usages. I think the clip sounds great, the clean is very sparkly and clear.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:17 PM